The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

If joelinton wasn't injured I'd be more positive but we're not resilient enough imo

Agreed. If we had 1 of Willock, Tonali or Joelinton + Pope available I would be more optimistic. As it stands we lack the running power this system needs to stop conceding chances.

55 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed. If we had 1 of Willock, Tonali or Joelinton + Pope available I would be more optimistic. As it stands we lack the running power this system needs to stop conceding chances.

Even with Anderson, we just need the ability to bring on a CM after 60 minutes to give one of them a break and add some fresh legs. Hopefully we have Willock and Anderson back in the next few weeks. The Pope situation is bigger for me, it’s clear we need a new goalie in the summer to replace Dubs that plays in our preferred system.

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

7th is looking about our limit at the moment and wouldn't be a bad finish all things considered.

Why? There's not an actual limit until its mathematically impossible. Unlikely yes but not Impossible

17 hours ago, The Prophet said:

7th is looking about our limit at the moment and wouldn't be a bad finish all things considered.

We can still theoretically accumulate 78 points. 62 should be enough for sixth. 6 or 7 points from the next three games will make me confident of a sixth place finish. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

16 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Why? There's not an actual limit until its mathematically impossible. Unlikely yes but not Impossible

Mathematically no, but we still have a few key medium to long term injuries (specifically Pope and Joelinton) that will contribute to us conceding a higher amount of chances.

Man United are hitting a bit of form, while any Villa drop off would have to off a cliff edge for us to catch them. It's possible, but unlikely.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Probably already asked/answered, but does 7th guarantee us Europe ?

It depends on who wins the cups I believe, also how well English teams do in Europe this season. It could end up as low as 8th for European qualification.

End of the season. City's win last night put England second behind Italy, but if Bayern win tonight I think Germany will be back in 2nd. It's still too early. The picture will become clearer after the completion of the first knockout round in all three competitions.

I didn't realize this nonsensical quirk of the system. Why can't people running things do anything right?

While there are higher bonus points for winning a group compared to finishing second, the runners-up are capable of adding more points overall than the group winners by advancing from the knockout playoff round.

For instance, the UEL group winners get four bonus points, and the runners-up get two bonus points. But the runners-up play in the knockout playoff round with an additional four points available through the results of each leg, if they win both matches.

E.G. West Ham got four points for winning their UEL group, with SC Freiburg getting two for being second. If Freiburg win both legs in the knockout playoff round, the total add to the coefficient could be six points compared to West Ham's four.

The bad news for the Premier League? All its teams in the UEL and UECL won their group, which means the league cannot pick up any points from those competitions in February. England will be in a worse position as we move into March.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I didn't realize this nonsensical quirk of the system. Why can't people running things do anything right?

That sounds mental. Who comes up with this stuff. 

We are totally fucked by injuries, we don't have a defence any more.

Pau still not entirely fit after two months out.

Carlos has just done his hamstring

Kamara has just done his ACL, out for the season. We're going to have to play Tim Iroegbunam, a child, there.

Konsa has a properly nasty knee injury and fuck knows when he's back, which is bad because he has been superb. Rumours his might be an ACL too.

Digne only just back in contention after two months out.

Ramsey randomly breaking his foot again every other week.

On top of that, obvs, Buendia and Mings out for the season.

That is potentially 4 ACLs this season. Jesus Christ.

If Torres can be brought back this weekend, it'll be him and Lenglet, two left sided CBs. It also means Cash at RB as Konsa there not an option. That's not good.

We might have to use Calum Chambers.

Fucking hell. 

Duran is out too, so Watkins being un-injurable needs to stay a thing or we have literally no other striker option. 

And yes yes fucking yes, I know you've had an injury crisis before anyone tells me. It's not mutually exclusive.

Of course, if it weren't for FFP we'd maybe have more depth, so fuck FFP and fuck the PL.

Edited by brummie

1 minute ago, brummie said:

We are totally fucked by injuries, we don't have a defence any more.

Pau still not entirely fit after two months out.

Carlos has just done his hamstring

Kamara has just done his ACL, out for the season. We're going to have to play Tim Iroegbunam, a child, there.

Konsa has a properly nasty knee injury and fuck knows when he's back, which is bad because he has been superb. Rumours his might be an ACL too.

Digne only just back in contention after two months out.

Ramsey randomly breaking his foot again every other week.

On top of that, obvs, Buendia and Mings out for the season.

That is potentially 4 ACLs this season. Jesus Christ.

If Torres can be brought back this weekend, it'll be him and Lenglet, two left sided CBs. It also means Cash at RB as Konsa there not an option. That's not good.

We might have to use Calum Chambers.

Fucking hell. 

Duran is out too, so Watkins being un-injurable needs to stay a thing or we have literally no other striker option. 

And yes yes fucking yes, I know you've had an injury crisis before anyone tells me. It's not mutually exclusive.

Of course, if it weren't for FFP we'd maybe have more depth, so fuck FFP and fuck the PL.

You are preaching to the converted there.

17 hours ago, SteV said:

Cunha out for a while with a hamstring injury for Wolves. Handy with us playing them shortly.

Are you forgetting they have Hwang who scores in every game against us ?