The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think we'd be closer to Spurs. Top 4, no. 

That’s what I meant actually. Just read your post too fast.

I have a hard time imagining we’d be able to sustain success without our top three CBs but who knows.

Edited by timeEd32

53 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

We’d absolutely be in at least fifth place right now if we had Pope in for the whole season.

We’d be 5th, 100%. Villa have been very good, to be fair. I think we’d be close to them with Pope, plus Tonali.

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

'Effectively' only really works when the advantage is like 3 or 6 points and that's when the extra 'point' comes into play as it will take an extra game for a team to pass. If Chelsea finish above Man Utd then 7th might not be enough. We'd be favourites to make the Conference League for sure, but it would be a bit of a nervy watch on the 25th hoping that Man City do what's expected of them, and we have been burned in the past of an underdog winning the FA Cup and denying us a place in Europe.

The current top 6 odds look favourable:

image.thumb.png.c2428a952291a757e1823f33474fd752.png

*remembers 1995 and shudders*

Pope and having any form of attacking option off the bench in winter is what has done us. I’d have taken 6th preseason as I always thought it’d be difficult to keep up the momentum. To do it in the circumstances we’ve faced or to even qualify for Europe would be absolutely phenomenal.

6 hours ago, pubteam said:

5th is still a good possibility, if you've watched spurs much recently they are honking. I fully expect Liverpool to give them a thrashing tomorrow. We can dream at least, 5th would be insane giving what we have gone through this season with injuries.

Catching Spurs is very unlikely, they have Burnley and Sheff Utd to play which is pretty much 6 points

Plus they have a great record against City so wouldn't be surprised to see them get a draw in that game

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Catching Spurs is very unlikely, they have Burnley and Sheff Utd to play which is pretty much 6 points

Plus they have a great record against City so wouldn't be surprised to see them get a draw in that game

Not if City play the way they did today. I do agree though, most likely not catching them.

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

And we'll qualify for Europe ...

Yes the conference league. If we get the europa league at least we'd have a chance of keeping Bruno.

13 minutes ago, McDog said:

Not if City play the way they did today. I do agree though, most likely not catching them.

True but that is a very strange fixture, regardless of form/performance Spurs just have their number 

Although, would be a strange game in that majority of the crowd will be wanting Spurs to drop points

That aside, 6 points from Burnley/Sheff Utd and that puts them beyond reach

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Knowing our luck we'll get 6th but Man U will win the FA cup.

I'd snap your hand off that for that now. It would be our 10th PL top 6 finish, completing a unique set of finishing 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, guaranteed European football, and having a brother who supports Man Utd, finally finishing above them in the PL era (and my time) would be nice. Crazy that we have had 4 top 3 finishes, and runner up twice, but never finished above them.

Of course, Europa would be preferable, but I'd say there's just as much chance we finish 7th or 8th than 6th, could easily miss out on Europe altogether, and this would signal a strong end to the season.

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Yes the conference league. If we get the europa league at least we'd have a chance of keeping Bruno.

I don't think either has any relationship with Bruno staying or not

It's remarkable that despite our injuries and setbacks this season, we are still competing for a European spot. What's even more remarkable is that this is our second-highest scoring season since the Premier League was founded, and with four more goals, we could equal our record. Yet, we are nowhere near the top four, which shows how competitive the league is and that conceding silly goals has been our weakness all season.

I think Manchester United could draw at Palace and will lose against Arsenal. So, the game at Old Trafford against them should decide who gets sixth place.

Would help if West ham could get something at Chelsea today. Not sure West ham's record at Stamford Bridge is that good, but fingers crossed. 

11 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Would help if West ham could get something at Chelsea today. Not sure West ham's record at Stamford Bridge is that good, but fingers crossed. 

Woof. W1 D4 L13 in the past 20 years.

I'll hope for a draw at least but it probably doesn't help that West Ham don't particularly have much to play for. Think that'll play an even bigger part considering the widely held view that these could be Moyes's last few games which could make it even harder for them to get truly motivated. 

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

Woof. W1 D4 L13 in the past 20 years.

I'll hope for a draw at least but it probably doesn't help that West Ham don't particularly have much to play for. Think that'll play an even bigger part considering the widely held view that these could be Moyes's last few games which could make it even harder for them to get truly motivated. 

Aye fair points.

The way spuds are sliding I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win both the games against Burnley and Sheff U. Would still need us to win all 3 though.