The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Just now, brummie said:

I was also thinking, if we were to win the Conference League, that'd normally put us into the Europa League, but if that happens and we finish fourth or even fifth (which is mathematically guaranteed now), what happens to that extra Europa League place? Does that shuffle further down the league?

Was answered above. 

15 minutes ago, ChrisJbarnes said:

Presumably the answer is no

But if Villa win the Conference league and qualify for the CL would that release an additional Europa league place? As conference league winners qualify for Europa League 

@brummie

15 minutes ago, brummie said:

I was also thinking, if we were to win the Conference League, that'd normally put us into the Europa League, but if that happens and we finish fourth or even fifth (which is mathematically guaranteed now), what happens to that extra Europa League place? Does that shuffle further down the league?

No I think it disappears. Well done on this season by the way, you're basically us from last season.

One question for you, if you did win the ECL would you consdier it a big achievement?

7 minutes ago, Beth said:

No I think it disappears. Well done on this season by the way, you're basically us from last season.

One question for you, if you did win the ECL would you consdier it a big achievement?

Too right, not won a single pot in almost 30 years. 

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

Fucking 4??!!! We’ve won 4 of our last 6 and have players coming back. Disappointed with anything less than 7 or 8. 

We've been shite away from home for ages tbf though. 4 isn't a terrible shout based on our form across the season. 

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

2 wins and 11pts from their last 10 games

11 points from the last 8 games.  

1 defeat in the last 8 and they had 10 men in that defeat. 

draws at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. Our rivals couldn’t beat them at home. Beating them away might not be easy. 

For a team that is still 19th (I think) that is decent form. They’ve seem to find a way to be competitive in games.  

Unlike most of you lot, I know ball. 

Edited by The College Dropout

1 hour ago, brummie said:

I don’t think it does. 

21 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

draws at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. Our rivals couldn’t beat them at home. Beating them away might not be easy. 

For a team that is still 19th (I think) that is decent form. They’ve seem to find a way to be competitive in games.  

Ian Mckellen Win GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

37 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Play the same tactic as we did Wolves at home I think we rip them apart.

4 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

12 if Arsenal turn Man Utd over and they have to come at us so we can do them on the counter.

It's going to depend on what 11s both teams put out. 21 combined unavailable players. With a lot of them 50-50 for that game

6. Brighton at home and one away win.

Perversely, out of the 4 teams we have left, Burnley are in a better place psychologically than the other 3. They have motivation and momentum.

Brighton are in terrible form. Brentford are on the beach and their star is being phased out.

Man Utd are crippled with injuries and have major internal issues.

I think we'll get 7pts. Brighton game is a gimmie going off their recent form. Of the three aways I think Brentford will be the easiest as they'll have nothing to play for and Tony will be looking to avoid injury. Burnley and Man U will be hard for obvious reasons.

Edited by Beth

The next two games are key for me. We need to take a minimum of 4 points as I think Man Utd lose to Arsenal and I can’t see them beating Crystal Palace. We should hopefully be 2/3 points ahead of them going to Old Trafford 

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

The next two games are key for me. We need to take a minimum of 4 points as I think Man Utd lose to Arsenal and I can’t see them beating Crystal Palace. We should hopefully be 2/3 points ahead of them going to Old Trafford 

Game by game we should take it although Lose to Burnley and i'm writing us off..never knew burnley could still stay up before today