The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Whilst Chelsea are building some momentum their last away win was back in Feb, they'd do well to win both of their remaining away games and fair play to them if they manage that

A win secures safety for Forest so hopefully they'll be well up for it

Forest probably safe when they kick off?

15 minutes ago, TRC said:

Forest probably safe when they kick off?

Oh yeah, good point since I expect both Burnley and Luton to win

Hopefully confirmation of staying up will have them playing even better 

Posted (edited)

Manchester United Fixtures: Played 35-Points 54 Max Return- 66
Bournemouth (A)    Drew 2-2
Sheffield Utd (H)   Won  4-2
Burnley (H) Drew 1-1
Crystal Palace (A) Lost 4-0

Arsenal (H)  
Brighton (A)  
Newcastle United  (H)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Ham United Fixtures: Played 36-Points 49 Max Return- 55
Fulham(H)     Lost 0-2
Crystal Palace (A)    Lost 5-2
Liverpool (H) Drew 2-2
Chelsea (A) Lost 5-0

Luton (H)
Man City (A)
Newcastle United Fixtures: Played 35-Points 56 Max Return- 65
Tottenham (H)  Won 4-0
Crystal Palace (A) Lost 0-2
Sheffield Utd (H) Won 5-1
Burnley (A) won 1-4

Brighton (H)  
Brentford (A)
Man United (A)
Chelsea Fixtures: Played 35-Points 54 Max Return- 63
Everton (H) Won 6-0
Arsenal (A) Lost  0-5
Aston Villa (A) Drew-2-2
Tottenham (H) Won 2-0
West Ham (H) won 5-0

Nottm Forest (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Brighton (A)
Brighton & Hove Albion Fixtures: Played 35-Points 47 Max Return- 56
Burnley (A) Drew 1-1
Man City (H) Lost  0-4
Bournemouth (A)  Lost 0-3
Aston Villa (H) Won 0-1

Newcastle United (A)
Man United (H)
Chelsea (H)

Edited by astraguy

Can’t expect Forest to get anything against Chelsea, they are where they are in the league for good reason. 

Need 7 points still.

The Man Utd / Palace result is funny but doesn’t really change anything as I’d have expected Arsenal to get something at the weekend, whereas Chelsea could well get 9 points so NUFC need 7.

20 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Can’t expect Forest to get anything against Chelsea, they are where they are in the league for good reason. 

Need 7 points still.

The Man Utd / Palace result is funny but doesn’t really change anything as I’d have expected Arsenal to get something at the weekend, whereas Chelsea could well get 9 points so NUFC need 7.

A few weeks ago I’d have laughed at that but actually a real possibility now Bournemouth and Brighton are literally on the beach and Forest could be all but safe by kick off.

Hoping Hudson-Odoi does the classic ex-player thing and comes back to bite them. Or Chris Wood channels his inner Ronaldo and goes full Boxing Day again - I suspect that was a one off given how he played against Man City recently.

1 hour ago, astraguy said:

Manchester United Fixtures: Played 35-Points 54 Max Return- 66
Bournemouth (A)    Drew 2-2
Sheffield Utd (H)   Won  4-2
Burnley (H) Drew 1-1
Crystal Palace (A) Lost 4-0

Arsenal (H)  
Brighton (A)  
Newcastle United  (H)

West Ham United Fixtures: Played 36-Points 49 Max Return- 55
Fulham(H)     Lost 0-2
Crystal Palace (A)    Lost 5-2
Liverpool (H) Drew 2-2
Chelsea (A) Lost 5-0

Luton (H)
Man City (A)
Newcastle United Fixtures: Played 35-Points 56 Max Return- 65
Tottenham (H)  Won 4-0
Crystal Palace (A) Lost 0-2
Sheffield Utd (H) Won 5-1
Burnley (A) won 1-4

Brighton (H)  
Brentford (A)
Man United (A)
Chelsea Fixtures: Played 35-Points 54 Max Return- 63
Everton (H) Won 6-0
Arsenal (A) Lost  0-5
Aston Villa (A) Drew-2-2
Tottenham (H) Won 2-0
West Ham (H) won 5-0

Nottm Forest (A)
Bournemouth (H)
Brighton (A)
Brighton & Hove Albion Fixtures: Played 35-Points 47 Max Return- 56
Burnley (A) Drew 1-1
Man City (H) Lost  0-4
Bournemouth (A)  Lost 0-3
Aston Villa (H) Won 0-1

Newcastle United (H)
Man United (H)
Chelsea (H)

Brighton aren't at home to us...

One win and a draw will be enough to see off Man U looking at it as can't see arsenal not beating them, probably same with Chelsea as leaves them needing 7 points. Must win on Sat.

Plus Brighton have only lost 3 games at home Spurs, Man City and Arsenal. They have a decent home record and confident they would get something against Man U and Chelsea, they are shit away.

Beat Brighton and draw v Man Utd and it removes the Mancs from the equation. Chelsea then need to make up 11+ goals on us and whilst simultaneously winning all three games. Them dropping points at Forest and Man Utd losing to Arsenal would be a huge pressure reliever going into the midweek game. Hoping for a red card and niggly injury or two for them.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Beat Brighton and draw v Man Utd and it removes the Mancs from the equation. Chelsea then need to make up 11+ goals on us and whilst simultaneously winning all three games. Them dropping points at Forest and Man Utd losing to Arsenal would be a huge pressure reliever going into the midweek game. Hoping for a red card and niggly injury or two for them.

It'll sum up our season for Man Utd to do an Everton '95 to stop us getting in.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It'll sum up our season for Man Utd to do an Everton '95 to stop us getting in.

I feel somewhat comforted by Big Jo and Miggy coming back. The Old Trafford game could end up a right basketball game shootout.

8 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Chelsea having Bournemouth last day of the season is a little safety net I think. That Bournemouth team even with nothing to play for will want to end as high up the table as possible. I think Chelsea lose that.

Reckon they win their next two though. Even though Brighton is a dodgy one for them. 

They have Bournemouth at home. They’ll win that. 

It’s Forest looking to secure their PL status and Brightons last home game of the season that is the moment. 

Posted (edited)

Helps us playing first this weekend I think. 5 points clear would sound very nice. Hope Luton get a point in their game just to make it abit more important for Forest to get something in the late KO

Edited by jack j

I'm still hoping for 5th, and by-passing the qualifying stage of the Europa League. However, Spurs have got Burnley and Sheffield United, and they only need 6 points. I can't see them dropping points there.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Helps us playing first this weekend I think. 5 points clear would sound very nice. Hope Luton get a point in their game just to make it abit more important for Forest to get something in the late KO

I think Forest is a good matchup as well.  They like to sit deep and can actually defend. The last few matchups for Chelsea have been good. Proactive teams like Spurs and West Ham haven’t been able to defend all season and the manager is on the way out. 

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

I don’t know what version of Wist Am will turn up. The one that battled to a 2-2 v Liverpool or the no Vaseline humped crew who shamed themselves at Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Wouldn't Chelsea just need two wins and a draw in that scenario? If we beat Brighton and draw at Man U we'd be on 60 points, six ahead of Chelsea. We'd still need to beat Brentford to be absolutely sure.

Man U would still be able to get to 61 too but I don't see them beating both Arsenal and Brighton.

Theres alot of what if's that could play out over the next 3 games, with potentially any team that Brighton beats being out of the equation. Thankfully though its in our hands, and we're not depending on anyone ahead of us to slip us for us to catch them.  I was happy with 6th at the start of the season, and by halfway i was thinking top 10 would be a decent result. To still be pushing for Europe after the season we've had, a huge amount of credit must be given to Howe and the squad. 

So long as Arsenal don’t lose to Man Utd, and Man City win the cup final we have two routes into Europe:

1. Beat Brighton and Brentford.

2. Beat Man Utd

Chelsea vs us is a complete lottery now but getting the better of Man Utd should be our ultimate aim.

Im fairly indifferent between the two European competitions, we’ll enjoy either.

18 minutes ago, James said:

So long as Arsenal don’t lose to Man Utd, and Man City win the cup final we have two routes into Europe:

1. Beat Brighton and Brentford.

2. Beat Man Utd

Chelsea vs us is a complete lottery now but getting the better of Man Utd should be our ultimate aim.

Im fairly indifferent between the two European competitions, we’ll enjoy either.

Yeah same.

Europa League is the more prestigious of the two, however the Conference League would represent a much more realistic chance of silverware.

Another top 6 finish would be excellent though, the top 6 teams get a greater percentage of international TV revenue, so financially it would be great for us.

I’d even snap your hand off at a Top 6 finish and getting the Conference League because of the cup result.

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

I'm still hoping for 5th, and by-passing the qualifying stage of the Europa League. However, Spurs have got Burnley and Sheffield United, and they only need 6 points. I can't see them dropping points there.

I could be wrong but don't both English teams go straight into the group stage?

Wikipedia suggests that the 5th place team (presumably Spurs) and the Cup Winners (either Man Utd or whoever finishes 6th if Man City win it) would be put straight into the group stage.

27 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I could be wrong but don't both English teams go straight into the group stage?

Wikipedia suggests that the 5th place team (presumably Spurs) and the Cup Winners (either Man Utd or whoever finishes 6th if Man City win it) would be put straight into the group stage.

Yeah, both places are group stages, the Conference League though is a qualifier/play off round though. You would expect to overcome anyone you meet easily though.