The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - NUFC to enter Conference League if Man City win FA Cup

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

621 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

That’s way too close to Liverpool for my liking. Going to be a very nervy end to a great season.

He's been pretty conservative with some of our results though. Drawing with Spurs, Brighton, Arsenal and Everton and losing to Chelsea. Rest wins.

32 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He's been pretty conservative with some of our results though. Drawing with Spurs, Brighton, Arsenal and Everton and losing to Chelsea. Rest wins.

He gave us more points than I did for my predictor :lol:.

I personally can't see us not winning at least 3 games, but could feasibly win 5 in my opinion, if we show up and perform how we have been. St James' will be rocking for Spurs, Brighton, Arsenal... I could definitely see us winning two of those. Weirdly I'm more concerned about the likes of Southampton and Leicester at home and Everton away. Games where the crowd might not be bang up for it which can sometimes seep down onto the pitch.

Edited by Shadow Puppets

Us 3rd and Villa 4th would be perfect, but not sure how'd I'd cope with the anxiety if it went to last day. Otherwise us and Man Utd taking those two spots please. Man U will always be massive, whereas Spurs can be permanently knocked off their Bix Six perch. Don't want Liverpool near it as the manager and fans are right a bunch of c*nts.

16 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Did a little predictor:

4) Newcastle - 67

5) Brighton - 66

6) Liverpool - 65

7) Spurs - 65

8) Aston Villa - 61

Finishing top four would mean everything, as I don't think we can bank on Liverpool and Chelsea having another mare at the same time. It needs to happen this season.

I hope to fuck it isn't that close. :lol: Imagine the last day, us away to fucking Chelsea and its still in the balance, and your prediction could see us miss out on Europe altogether. Lets get this shit wrapped up well before then.

Edited by Decky

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think Leicester will be the game where we make it mathematically safe. 

Hope so. The atmosphere at that should be electric.

Also find it a tad ironic that we'd need to beat Leicester, a club whom under Ashley we admired/were jealous of to the nth degree and who have been within touching distance of the top 4 in two of the last three seasons to secure top 4 for ourselves and could potentially end up relegating them. Madness.

This is great news for our Top 4 push. Brighton and Leicester back to back "under the lights", it will be in one of these games when we confirm our top 4 status IMO.

Fuck dreary lunch time or 3pm kick offs. These are the ones for me. Red hot atmosphere against one side that will hopefully be on the beach and another that in horrific form (currently).

2 home wins. Howay the lads.

Did another predictor, again trying to be negative about our scores.

Wins: Southampton, Brighton and Leicester

Draws: Everton, Leeds, Spurs

Loses: Arsenal and Chelsea (fuck knows why)

Finish on 68 points, 2 points ahead of Liverpool in 5th.

I've done about 6 predictors and never had us finishing below 4th. Like I've said before, the other teams just seem to cut each others throats.

Might sound daft but, we could do with Man United smashing everyone.[emoji38]

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be nice if Brighton are 8th and out the picture by the time this comes around now. Would be handy anyway.

The correct attitude. Fuck all this good will towards them. That spot is ours and they can get fucked.

15 hours ago, Skeletor said:

The correct attitude. Fuck all this good will towards them. That spot is ours and they can get fucked.

Aye sod that. Now that we're up there I want the number of competitive teams to be as little as possible. It's hard enough with 5-6 clubs with massive budgets to contend with without Brighton being pains in the arses too. 

16 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be nice if Brighton are 8th and out the picture by the time this comes around now. Would be handy anyway.

And in the FA Cup final.

If they are in the Cup final and out of the top 4 race by the time we face them - they'll be thinking about the final heavily.

I don't think they'll finish lower than 7th anyway. Villa's fixtures are too hard.

Edited by The College Dropout

On 20/04/2023 at 17:17, Decky said:

I hope to fuck it isn't that close. :lol: Imagine the last day, us away to fucking Chelsea and its still in the balance, and your prediction could see us miss out on Europe altogether. Lets get this shit wrapped up well before then.

In fairness, this has us lose (HA!) at Chelsea on the final day while some of the others won. So it would've been sealed by match 37.

On 20/04/2023 at 07:28, McCormick said:

That’s way too close to Liverpool for my liking. Going to be a very nervy end to a great season.

Liverpool winning 7 and drawing 1 from their remaining 8 games does not seem likely to me. That form's been predicted all season and it's never happened. They've won one of their last five.

57 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Liverpool winning 7 and drawing 1 from their remaining 8 games does not seem likely to me. That form's been predicted all season and it's never happened. They've won one of their last five.

Their fixture list is incredibly favourable though to be fair.

I’ve predicted them to win 7 and lose 1.