The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Aston Villa (h) 5-1 v 4-0 

(a) 1-0 v 2-0

Liverpool (h) 1-2 v 0-2

Brighton (a) 3-1 v 0-0

Brentford home (h) 1-0 v 5-1

Sheffield United (Leeds) (a) 0-8 v 2-2

Burnley (Leicester) (h) 2-0 v 0-0

West Ham (a) 2-2 v 1-5

Palace (h) 4-0 v 0-0

Wolves (a) 2-2 v 1-1

Arsenal (h) 1-0 v 0-2

Bournemouth (a) 2-0 v 1-1

Chelsea (h) 4-1 v 1-0

+5 points, +10 GD.

52 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Beat them and draw at Spurs.

If they play like today, and we have a better bench than yesterday, id favour us for 3 points. Then again our away form is crap and we'll probably have more injuries by then ?

Villa weren't exactly good and they managed to get the 3 points. Was a great game to watch. I think a full strength Spurs are the better side but Villa have a better squad and seem to have managed the season brilliantly so far and don't have the injury issues like us

I hope we have some luck with injuries and our away form picks up so we can continue to compete with them for 4th

Promised myself a few months ago that I'm just going to try and enjoy this season and not worry too much about league position or comparisons. My comparisons this season are between the utterly listless, abject and instantly forgettable Ashley seasons compared to the last 2 years. Ashley's years of shite and nothingness compared to a big game every week. Zero ambitions other than staying up as opposed to punching our weight at the top. Throwing the cups as opposed to making Finals and taking the CL seriously. You get the picture

I only ever wanted my club to try and be the best it possibly could be and I've now got that, I've already won, I've got and had that for the last 25 months now. I'm just enjoying each game, enjoying the matches, enjoying the goals, the ambition, the organisation, the team spirit, the constant supply of huge games and the prospect of actually competing and beating some of the best teams on the continent. We've already beaten Villa, Man City, Man Utd, PSG, Arsenal and Chelsea and it's only November. We're 100% on the right path and in fantastic hands and I'm not going to let a few injuries kill my buzz. It's only going to get better too :aww:

Yes, I've had a few btw ;) 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Promised myself a few months ago that I'm just going to try and enjoy this season and not worry too much about league position or comparisons. My comparisons this season are between the utterly listless, abject and instantly forgettable Ashley seasons compared to the last 2 years. Ashley's years of shite and nothingness compared to a big game every week. Zero ambitions other than staying up as opposed to punching our weight at the top. Throwing the cups as opposed to making Finals and taking the CL seriously. You get the picture

I only ever wanted my club to try and be the best it possibly could be and I've now got that, I've already won, I've got and had that for the last 25 months now. I'm just enjoying each game, enjoying the matches, enjoying the goals, the ambition, the organisation, the team spirit, the constant supply of huge games and the prospect of actually competing and beating some of the best teams on the continent. We've already beaten Villa, Man City, Man Utd, PSG, Arsenal and Chelsea and it's only November. We're 100% on the right path and in fantastic hands and I'm not going to let a few injuries kill my buzz. It's only going to get better too :aww:

All true though bro! The future’s bright. The future’s black and white :indi:

Taking injuries out of it, which is obviously a big caveat, for me the strongest teams this season outside of Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool are us and Villa on equal footing (our form since each of our managers came in is almost identical) then Spurs and Man United who are inconsistent and liable to embarrassment but somehow always stick around. One thing's for sure, everything is still wide open.

Honestly for me, I'm biased, but all clubs with their full strength squads available, I'd go as far as saying we're right up there and probably about the 3rd best in the league. 

24 minutes ago, midds said:

:slowclap:

2 hours ago, janpawel said:

IVilla weren't exactly good and they managed to get the 3 points. Was a great game to watch. I think a full strength Spurs are the better side but Villa have a better squad and seem to have managed the season brilliantly so far and don't have the injury issues like us

We've been without Moreno, Jacob Ramsey, Mings and Emi Buendia for the whole season (and in the case of Moreno, going back into last season) - that's pretty much the entire left side of our team, going into this season, they were all amongst the first names on the team sheet.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Aston Villa (h) 5-1 v 4-0 

(a) 1-0 v 2-0

Liverpool (h) 1-2 v 0-2

Brighton (a) 3-1 v 0-0

Brentford home (h) 1-0 v 5-1

Sheffield United (Leeds) (a) 0-8 v 2-2

Burnley (Leicester) (h) 2-0 v 0-0

West Ham (a) 2-2 v 1-5

Palace (h) 4-0 v 0-0

Wolves (a) 2-2 v 1-1

Arsenal (h) 1-0 v 0-2

Bournemouth (a) 2-0 v 1-1

Chelsea (h) 4-1 v 1-0

+5 points, +10 GD.

Won 6 out of our next 6 fixtures with 15-3 GD last season. Will be interesting to see if we can maintain some (or all) of the gap.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, brummie said:

We've been without Moreno, Jacob Ramsey, Mings and Emi Buendia for the whole season (and in the case of Moreno, going back into last season) - that's pretty much the entire left side of our team, going into this season, they were all amongst the first names on the team sheet.

Cry me a river. :lol:

You clearly have a squad that can handle those injuries just like janpawel said. You can replace those players with decent (and mostly expensive) options like Digne, Carlos, Torres, Tielemans, Bailey, Diaby, Zaniolo etc. You can mention injuries once you are down to 10-12 senior outfield players available.

Edited by Pata

7 hours ago, Pata said:

You clearly have a squad that can handle those injuries just like janpawel said. You can replace those players with decent (and mostly expensive) options like Digne, Carlos, Torres, Tielemans, Bailey, Diaby, Zaniolo etc. You can mention injuries once you are down to 10-12 senior outfield players available.

You lads really hate supporters of other teams saying they have injuries. :lol:

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

You lads really hate supporters of other teams saying they have injuries. :lol:

Yeah, well, this is the last place for you guys to complain about injuries (considering our situation). Villa literally have just 4 injuries, that's less than the PL average. Compare these benches.

Screenshot_20231125_150128_SamsungInternet.jpg.396578b93d85b3789db3336366c145e6.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_103742_LiveScore.thumb.jpg.c952d3e97a1dd1ce777dc64c7cfd490f.jpg

Edited by Erikse

9 hours ago, Pata said:

It's not meant to be a competition, I know you lot have an injury crisis, but it's not exclusive - was just pointing out that for all the boo hoo Spurs injury woes yesterday, we lost 2 starters with long term injuries end of last season, into this season (until last week, in fact), and then another starter with an ACL two days before the season and one more in the first match (an extremely important player for us on and off the pitch).

We managed it, though. Listening to the media this weekend, I'm surprised most of them aren't gathered around the cenotaph at some point soon to pay respects to Ange in this time of great suffering for them.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Villa have had injuries. But the biggest ones came in August, and they went out and got replacements.

The only one we addressed in the market was Zaniolo in for Ramsey.

14 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, well, this is the last place for you guys to complain about injuries (considering our situation). Villa literally have just 4 injuries, that's less than the PL average. Compare these benches.

Screenshot_20231125_150128_SamsungInternet.jpg.396578b93d85b3789db3336366c145e6.jpg

Screenshot_20231127_103742_LiveScore.thumb.jpg.c952d3e97a1dd1ce777dc64c7cfd490f.jpg

Yeah, but the devil is in the details - Duran is 12 years old, Iroegbunam is a kid, Moreno and Ramsey are literally just back - ie this weekend - from injury (other than a cameo against Brighton for Ramsey, in which he promptly aggrevated his injury and spent another month plus out), and Moreno in particular is nothing like ready to start.

Also, Robin Olsen has crisp packets for hands so doesn't count.

Your bench is rubbish, though, I'll give you that.

Have you thought about signing some decent players? ;-)