The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Today's result doesn't help my confidence like. If Klopp has gotten a tune out of Liverpool again we won't get 4th and will probably be a good few points off it. Its sad but when Liverpool are like this they can win every single game. I'd hardly be expecting us to catch Man Utd. All we can do is win our own games and push them both though. 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Man Utd with Rashford and Spurs having Kane are the differences between us. Soon as we get a player like that which we will at some point, we're laughing.

True, to an extent. Bit of a gulf between attracting a player like that mind and trying to survive half a season with 2 strikers, one of whom is hopelessly out of form and fitness and the other desperately needing time and games to acclimatise.

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Today's result doesn't help my confidence like. If Klopp has gotten a tune out of Liverpool again we won't get 4th and will probably be a good few points off it. Its sad but when Liverpool are like this they can win every single game. I'd hardly be expecting us to catch Man Utd. All we can do is win our own games and push them both though. 

Optimistically though, if this is Liverpool's form turning a corner, it could just as well mean that Man United's will too in the other direction - their form has relied on some pretty once-in-a-lifetime form from Rashford.

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

Liverpool have been like this all season tbf; beat Man City, score 7 away at Rangers then lose to Forest. Lose 3-1 and 3-0 to Brentford and Brighton after 5 straight wins. Been unpredictable all season.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Does sixth place get you Europa Conference League?

If the FA Cup is won by a team that doesn't qualify for Europe then yes.

If the FA Cup is won by a team that does qualify for Europe then it's Europa League.

(Man Utd not finishing top 5/6 would complicate things)

Edited by ilikenewcastle

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if Brighton fans are thrilled with being in contention for fourth and European football or pissing their pants about finishing 8th.

Not to mention a likely game at Wembley to come.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I wonder if Brighton fans are thrilled with being in contention for fourth and European football or pissing their pants about finishing 8th.

Dreaming of an fa cup win I think tbh.

We don’t want that conference league bollocks like, if we aren’t getting 4th or Europa League we are better off finishing like 8th or whatever it is that means missing that daft competition.

Edited by Geogaddi

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Optimistically though, if this is Liverpool's form turning a corner, it could just as well mean that Man United's will too in the other direction - their form has relied on some pretty once-in-a-lifetime form from Rashford.

Given our form this year it'd be a massive ask of us to close the 8 point gap on Man Utd and go on to finish above them. If it happens though fucking brilliant. 

As much as I'd love Brighton to win the FA Cup, we really want a top 5 team to do it to make 6th a EL spot instead of that Conference League shit. Even that though will move to 7th then won't it? 

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

We don’t want that conference league bollocks like, if we aren’t getting 4th or Europa League we are better off finishing like 8th or whatever it is that means missing that daft competition.

I'd take Conference League. Could get to the latter stages without playing our strongest team, would be a chance to boost our UEFA coefficient, would get us into the routine of having extra games, would be very winnable.

Just now, ilikenewcastle said:

I'd take Conference League. Could get to the latter stages without playing our strongest team, would be a chance to boost our UEFA coefficient, would get us into the routine of having extra games, would be very winnable.

It’s not a proper trophy though and would do more harm than good to our league form .

1 minute ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Aye, you could get to the last 8 of this with your eyes closed. 

Top 4 is still on like. Massively. There's no way we can go 14 more games having this many chances and not scoring it's just not possible. 

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Man Utd with Rashford and Spurs having Kane are the differences between us. Soon as we get a player like that which we will at some point, we're laughing.

We do, we have Isak. Just hasn't been playing enough yet. I have visions of him having a Papiss Cisse like end to the season from his next start and qualifying for the CL on the final day 

I'd take Conference League over nothing. We don't know what way the season is gonna go next year. We could be a bit off and sitting around 8th or 9th, or maybe the European spots stick to the top 5. CL could be our path to qualifying for the EL the season after next which could be important for our progression. 

Edited by Decky

We can't be turning out noses up at any sort of European football like, it's not like we are Champions league regulars and winning trophies all the time. Scenes when Roma won it were class. 

Ok coming down a bit now, I hadn't realised ManU are 8 pts ahead of us. Fuck, how did we let that happen? :lol:

Still, any team that can lose a grudge match 7-0 must be vulnerable. Arre they just genuinely shite? This question must be asked.