The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

614 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think we'll beat Arsenal on current form as well. 

Both clubs have 3 more games before then, alot can change. They are still a level above us this season, but being at home will help.

Originally I thought we would finish just outside of the Champions League places which would help with our title push next season.

I think we have an outside chance of winning it this year, hold our own against those others at the top and steamrolling those at the bottom end of the table. 

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think we'll beat Arsenal on current form as well. 

There's a very likely scenario Bruno will be banned for this as I'd be shocked if he gets through that wolves away game without picking up a yellow. But fingers crossed. Would be nice to test ourselves against Arsenal with most of our first 11 fit. 

22 minutes ago, alexf said:

There's a very likely scenario Bruno will be banned for this as I'd be shocked if he gets through that wolves away game without picking up a yellow. But fingers crossed. Would be nice to test ourselves against Arsenal with most of our first 11 fit. 

This was why we signed Tonali so if Bruno was out we'd have one of that quality. Obviously planning to play them both but there was a massive drop off in results when Bruno was out 

Anyone checked the teams above us and their fixtures so far? How does the difficulty compare to our games so far? I know our start was very tough but I imagine that it has even out slightly now. 

Reminder that you need on average to get 71 points for top 4, that's 1.86 points per game, we are currently on 1.77 but have played:

Man City away- toughest fixture in the league...

As well as Liverpool (h), Brighton (a) and Villa (h), which you would expect other sides around us to struggle with.

I'd say we are very much where we should be, you could argue its been better than expected given the tough start.

Also, early indications are that we are likely to get a fairly healthy goal difference, which might be as good as an extra point come week 38.

Can someone confirm that top 5 is CL? I can't remember what the crack is with that.

Edited by STM

11 minutes ago, STM said:

Reminder that you need on average to get 71 points for top 4, that's 1.86 points per game, we are currently on 1.77 but have played:

Man City away- toughest fixture in the league...

As well as Liverpool (h), Brighton (a) and Villa (h), which you would expect other sides around us to struggle with.

I'd say we are very much where we should be, you could argue its been better than expected given the tough start.

Also, early indications are that we are likely to get a fairly healthy goal difference, which might be as good as an extra point come week 38.

Can someone confirm that top 5 is CL? I can't remember what the crack is with that.

I think it has something to do with how other English teams do in the Europa League/Conference this season. 

3 hours ago, Ikon said:

Anyone checked the teams above us and their fixtures so far? How does the difficulty compare to our games so far? I know our start was very tough but I imagine that it has even out slightly now. 

IMG_5393.thumb.jpeg.935bd47f68bf572200ba5b24c445c82d.jpeg

This was before this current weekend, so Liverpool were seen to have an equally difficult start, Arsenal a slightly easier one but Man City and Spurs have had it quite a bit easier.

Yeah, we’re doing well given the start. I just wish we could have seen that Liverpool game out. I still think it’ll be a push to make top 4 given the number of games and accumulation of injuries we’re bound to pick up but this team just keeps proving people wrong!

We have only lost to teams in the current top 7 going back to the start of last season , you have to be a very good team to beat us and I see no reason why that’s going to change , take away the Villa and Brighton away games and you basically have to be elite to beat us .

Edited by Geogaddi

2 hours ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Yeah, we’re doing well given the start. I just wish we could have seen that Liverpool game out. I still think it’ll be a push to make top 4 given the number of games and accumulation of injuries we’re bound to pick up but this team just keeps proving people wrong!

Was thinking the same earlier. So close to all 3 pts at West Ham too. We'd be a point or 2 off top. All ifs and buts i suppose.

Going to be a very tough ask to get top 4, we look good but so do Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Chelsea and Brighton. The mancs will pick up enough points to be there or thereabouts too. 

Winning the CL may be the safest bet. 

It looks like we are in for another very good season, we'll definitely get Europe but will depend on how Man U and Chelsea do whether we make top 5. Chelsea are improving and Man U have signed a striker in Hojlund who looks like he might turn them around. They'll be just as worried about us though.

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Villa have had a good start but have been demolished by us and Liverpool in the two hardest games they have had .

They also smashed Brighton and an inform West Ham, and beaten Chelsea away. At home they are elite, no reason to doubt them.

Obviously CL would be massive. Having said that I think it’s still been a very very good season if we end up in the top 6 as well as progressing from our CL group. Add 2-3 proper top quality players next summer and it would be looking very very good going forward. Not that I think top 4 is impossible. Will depend on consistency between us Spurs and Villa I reckon, as well as luck with injuries obviously. I think Brighton will fall off slightly towards the end of the season. 

I also think that Isak can reach yet another level. Hopefully this season. (In general play mostly) 

Edited by Ikon

I don’t think City and Arsenal have looked as dominant this season and with more clubs up there competing I think the league will be won in less points than last year, I also think we are capable of picking up more points than last year, considering we drew 14 games in the league last season.

It's how you manage blips and dips in form every club has them It's how long they last and if you have more than one. It's not uncommon to see clubs at certain stages of the season to be higher or lower in the table which do level out.

While it does appear that the top 6/8 will be very competitive. Its great for the league in general for sides to be able to take points off each other. Selfish newcastle fan hat back on hope we smash our way back into the champions league again seen as the norm is a massive drop off in form 1st time you qualify hope to prove that stat wrong.