The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

I don't think we can catch Tottenham, but I do think 10 points from our last six, given who we're playing, is a little pessimistic. We've picked up 10 from our last 5 which included Chelsea and Tottenham.

Edit: and if you have Man Utd down to beat us, then I don't think 10 points will be enough for 6th either.

Edited by healthyaddiction

9 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

I don't think we can catch Tottenham, but I do think 10 points from our last six, given who we're playing, is a little pessimistic. We've picked up 10 from our last 5 which included Chelsea and Tottenham.

Edit: and if you have Man Utd down to beat us, then I don't think 10 points will be enough for 6th either.

Agreed. We should aim to win at least 4 games + avoiding defeat to Man U.

Whether that's beat Man U + 3 others and lose 2. Or win 4, draw Man U, that should be enough.

Win only 3 but beating Man U would probably be enough as long as we picked up a few draws. Man U are so jammy, beating them but only picking up 10 points in total probably won't be enough.

To be honest, cannot see Chelsea getting a lot of points from those fixtures. And ManU were horrible again against Bournemouth, they will drop a lot of points still. 6th would be good result from this season.

37 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

To be honest, cannot see Chelsea getting a lot of points from those fixtures. And ManU were horrible again against Bournemouth, they will drop a lot of points still. 6th would be good result from this season.

Agreed. But Chelsea are fixture proof good and bad. Beaten us, Man U, Spurs. Pretty sure they've got points from Liverpool and Man City too.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chelsea didn't win tonight , they are not capable of putting a sustained run of results together and they still have to go to Arsenal , Villa and Brighton . We don't need to worry about them .

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed. But Chelsea are fixture proof good and bad. Beaten us, Man U, Spurs. Pretty sure they've got points from Liverpool and Man City too.

They're not good though. They beat us with two dodgy pens and a deflected goal. Two of which were in the 100th and 101st minute after there was 8 minutes of added time.

They're one of only a handful of teams we actually thumped this season. We should have beaten them by 5 or 6 in December.

I don't think they're closing the gap. Maybe on us, but not you. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

They're not good though. They beat us with two dodgy pens and a deflected goal. Two of which were in the 100th and 101st minute after there was 8 minutes of added time.

They're one of only a handful of teams we actually thumped this season. We should have beaten them by 5 or 6 in December.

I don't think they're closing the gap. Maybe on us, but not you. :lol:

I agree. They are not good.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's all going to be about whether we're definitely over the away match problem we've had this season I think. 

Yeah - and I'd also say how many bodies we can get back for May. Winning home games with 13 players is doable, much harder to get away with it on the road.

The only chance we have really of qualifying for UCL this season is if 5th spot gets it and Spurs really fuck up. I can see one of those things happening potentially but that 5th spot being UCL is looking very unlikely.

It is a shame about the extra UCL spot but hopefully Man City will win the FA Cup and 6th would get us Europa League. Would be hard to swallow to see Man Utd or Chelsea win the FA Cup and get Europa League whilst we finish above them and end up with Conference League.

5 hours ago, SteV said:

IMG_0669.thumb.jpeg.3a250391ddb0090e8e9d3dfab6c0a026.jpeg

I seem to remember that 2% was the chance of us avoiding relegation when Eddie took over.

It'll be interesting to see how Spurs react now that they're coming under a bit of pressure. They've started really well and have been favourites for the top four for a long while, and it's started to slip away. Their supporters are starting to grumble.

Postecoglou is new to the very top level, and won't have experienced this sort of pressure before. He has to keep his players believing in what he's asking them to do, and two defeats in his next two games will make that difficult. His methods are said to be a bit unusual (ie no work on tactics) and it'll be easy for the players to start blaming him rather than themselves if things start to go wrong.

This result doesn't bother me in terms of Chelsea getting points. They're at home to Everton, it was likely anyway. The biggest annoyance I have is that we didn't blow Everton away ourselves a couple of weeks ago. Chelsea have brutal fixtures including away to Villa and Arsenal in their next two followed by Spurs and West Ham at home, they'll drop points. 

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Eric Dier was asked about the difference between Conte and Postecoglou, and this is what he came up with - 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/tottenham-eric-dier-explains-how-ange-postecoglou-differs-from-antonio-conte-and-jose-mourinho/ar-BB1ljFA3

Make of it what you will.

Sounds interesting. I thought he just didn't do tactics at all which sounded wild to me. :lol: