The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

615 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

if Spurs miss out on CL again how bad would that be for them? considering their massive stadium debt 

hope it means they miss out on top targets which screws them for years to come 

always preferred Villa getting 4th ahead of one of these wannabe ESL clubs 

1 minute ago, Ginola14 said:

if Spurs miss out on CL again how bad would that be for them? considering their massive stadium debt 

hope it means they miss out on top targets which screws them for years to come 

always preferred Villa getting 4th ahead of one of these wannabe ESL clubs 

In terms of FFP totally fine. They have massive revenues and that sweet harry Kane FFP margin. 

For spurs, the issue has generally been the owners don’t spend up to the limit iirc. 

So Madrid, PSG, and Roma would have to go through with no more than two draws (or one win, one draw) from the German clubs. And then Villa would need to win the ECL with three wins. 

Not entirely impossible...

Spurs have the lowest wages-to-revenue ratio in the league.

Their only issue is Spurs are a profitable club. Levy's ambition is their only serious limit. He'll spend again this summer though. He wants Spurs as a CL club for the revenues. Cue another £150m net spend and the media talking about what a wonderful job Ange is doing.

We'll do well to spend the same and the media will talk about all of our investment.

I think Ange is too tactically one dimensional to have much success there 

that game against us and their 1-4 defeat to Chelsea being prime examples 

not having any plan b and relying on doing plan a better will be his downfall - I hope!

8 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

I think Ange is too tactically one dimensional to have much success there 

that game against us and their 1-4 defeat to Chelsea being prime examples 

not having any plan b and relying on doing plan a better will be his downfall - I hope!

That's broadly what Howe does too tbf.

It will be interesting to see how he adapts mind. Does seem like Howe and others have figured this out.

What’s current Europe implications? Given the crash out from many English teams? Seems like it’s 5th and 6th Europa and 7th is conference? We need city to win this fa cup right?

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

What’s current Europe implications? Given the crash out from many English teams? Seems like it’s 5th and 6th Europa and 7th is conference? We need city to win this fa cup right?

Yes, if Man U win the cup we'd get ECL regardless of finishing 6th or 7th.

Edited by Beth

2 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Does a manure-citeh final pretty much guarantee 7th being Europe? (Providing manure finish top 7?

Yes.  It depends though what would happen to Man Utd whether it's europa league or conference.

e.g.  they win FA cup, so it's europa league for them so 6th would be conference.  If they lost the final then 6th would be Europa League and 7th be conference.

Edited by El Prontonise

Our bigger concern is finishing below Man Utd and Chelsea getting a head of steam and bumping us into 8th.

It's 2 from 3 IMO.... and I could quite easily see Spurs pulled into 6th or 7th too.

We are dead on our feet, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost our game at home to Chelsea.

Totally fucked by injuries*, suspensions, European games kicking in, really, really feeling it.

On the other hand, we've got two matches, both at home, before Spurs play again, so theoretically, we could open up a 9 point gap if we won them both. I can't see it, though.

* yes, yes, yes, I know.

9 hours ago, brummie said:

We are dead on our feet, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost our game at home to Chelsea.

Totally fucked by injuries*, suspensions, European games kicking in, really, really feeling it.

On the other hand, we've got two matches, both at home, before Spurs play again, so theoretically, we could open up a 9 point gap if we won them both. I can't see it, though.

* yes, yes, yes, I know.

Re-posting this for easy view of all fixtures and guesstimate of final points.

IMG_8217.thumb.jpeg.3038eb24d980c993c8af2b22adc92747.jpeg

Do you think you’ll end up with less than 8 points from last five games? 

Villa looked good against Arsenal, and as long as Watkins stays fit, they should be fine, I'd have thought. He gets them goals from all sorts of unpromising situations.