Newcastle United 0-0 Leeds United (31/12/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

The worst part about this result for me is all the Man u fans I know gloating about catching us.

Don’t worry about that - the fact that they’d even gloat tells you how far they’ve fallen.  We’re a work in progress - they’ve spunked over a billion quid since they last won the title to be this ‘good’

I'm not annoyed at Leeds at all for their tactics of time wasting and all throughout the match. We are masters at that and we by all means should know what to do and not to do when the opposition does it to us. Hope we learn our lesson today.

One question though, when Wilson stands in front of the opposition keeper who has the ball in his hands, does it actually make the keeper hold onto the ball longer or release it earlier?

Edited by nufcjb

10 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Whey, disappointed with a point, and feels worse with Man City dropping 2 pts too. But also says a lot about how far we've come in a little over a year.

But, we end 2022 with one defeat in all games all season, and we kept another clean sheet.

Let's get back to it on Tuesday and start 2023 in the right way, see who we bring in this month, and lets just see where we can finish this season.

11 GA in 17 is just absolutely absured (5 of those were from Liverpool and Man City), and such a pleasant surprise.

Was reminiscent of the Cambridge game. Dominated and lots of opportunities, if not 'chances' to score but no sucker punch.

We totally dominated but lost at Norwich under KK on New Years Eve. Its frustrating but it happens and would likely be more frustrating if it didn't and everything went to form all the time. That ended a great year as does this, similar positions.

All the team/coach can do is be the best team. The rest is down to luck and individual., I'm amazed we are where we are with what we have and that's what's cost us, but they'll be replaced in time.

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve tried to defend Wood, but today he really pissed me off.  What annoyed me wasn’t that he missed, but the manner in which he missed.  Those two big chances were half-arsed attempts; put himself on the end of it but without wanting to do more than that - it was a cowardly performance for a centre forward.  

Nothing cowardly about his performance. He just lacked the quality to finish those chances off. Snatched at all of them. 

Frustrating as fuck. Leeds defended well at times and Trippier’s delivery frustrating but we should’ve scored at least one. 

Bright side is was felt like one of those games where the opposition nick one but it never happened.

also long times since I’ve been going to games pretty much expecting to win every game outside the top 5

I’m not one for berating our players these days as they are decent human beings and give their all, but Wood today was abysmal. It was like playing with ten men at times. A simple pass out wide to Almiron running between the lines and he passes it out for a goal kick, unacceptable really. Bruno and Joelinton were well off it today too and Almiron was back to his frustrating get the ball near the byline and cuts back game. Just on off day I’m sure and to be fair the effort they have all put in this last year has been monumental so as disappointing it is not to beat this shitty Leeds side, on our game fully today and we fucking hammer them and that’s still encouraging. 

Edited by King HTT III

It's hard to level 'half arsed' at Woods attempts on goal, he just doesn't possess the combination of striker awareness and technique to finish them at the elite level. He has done it in spells in the past but those days are over,and I'd like a young striker with potential to overtake him, with immediate effect

Not really upset at all. We should have won today and there will be a ton for Eddie and the coaching staff to work on as a result. We needed this for the season, 1) for transfers and 2) shake up in team selection too. 

Another clean sheet. Amazing 12 months as a toon fan, can’t wait for Arsenal. 

I guess if, this time last week, someone had offered me 4 points and 2 clean sheets over the next couple of matches, I'd have taken it - I would have just assumed it would have been the other way round and a battling point at Leicester. 

Undoubtedly 2 points dropped, and the first disappointing result since mid September, but it's still 26 points from 30 in a period which included trips to Man Utd and Spurs and a home match with Chelsea.