Newcastle United 0-0 Leeds United (31/12/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Really disappointed with that, moreso as it's Arsenal away next which we'll obviously lose, even when we was last good we hardly ever got anything there. Long time then till the next prem game against Fulham, could really have done with taking 3 points here and then the inevitable Arsenal defeat wouldn't have felt as bad.

Still in a great position obviously but stil feels like we should win games like that. City drawing makes it more annoying, think the title is Arsenal's now like

Not scared of Arsenal at all. And we would’ve lost this match last year. It’s all about perspective dude. 

Just puts needless pressure on the Arsenal game now. City dropping points at home and now Man U able to go above us with their game in hand. 

Really should have won that. They were shite and we still couldn’t score. 

Still, shows how far we’ve come when we’re looking at the City result :lol: 

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

Having participated in my first match thread since… 2016? 2017? Or so, have to say I’m surprised that we’re capable of being this unhappy about anything given how good the team on the pitch looks in general.

Back in 2016 the server used to break if we strung three passes together. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Nah, nowhere near awful. We win that game most times (8-9 out of 10 games), just lacked the finishing today.

Awful was maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I thought we were naive in how we let them disrupt us (I thought we'd be more astute by now), also you wouldn't really have known we'd had the extra days rest on them. They fell off a lot in the second half but still pressured us really well. And general attacking play/decision making really wasteful.

By our newfound standards I guess it's on the boundaries of awful :lol: On to the next!

Thought Wood was fine too, though not surprised to see the knives out so quickly again. Some good hold-up play, can think of at least 2 lay-offs to Willock which resulted in him through against their last defender. Shame about the chance but it was as much a good save as anything. Wilson clearly a cut above, but that's not exactly news.

4 minutes ago, James said:

Really disappointed, with Man City seemingly drawing we had a chance to take an advantage in the title race.

Reread the last 12 words in the above sentence, no longer disappointed.

Exactly where I am, like the other day when Man City won and I was all "3rd?? Down to 3rd?? well this sucks...."

New expectations my friends!

4 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Having participated in my first match thread since… 2016? 2017? Or so, have to say I’m surprised that we’re capable of being this unhappy about anything given how good the team on the pitch looks in general.

Fuck off oldtype 😜

Edited by Gawalls

We missed chances, Longstaff and Schär in particular.

Wood should have done better early in first half with a cross over to an unmarked Joelinton.

Think the bad weather was also a factor. People slipping all over the place.

These games happen and even Man City couldn’t beat Everton at home today.

On to the next one..

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Just puts needless pressure on the Arsenal game now. City dropping points at home and now Man U able to go above us with their game in hand. 

Really should have won that. They were shite and we still couldn’t score. 

Still, shows how far we’ve come when we’re looking at the City result :lol: 

Pressure on us for the Arsenal game ? Not for me, pressure is all on arsenal. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Pressure on us for the Arsenal game ? Not for me, pressure is all on arsenal. 

Nah. Depends on their result later. But win that and they go another 2 clear of us and City. We should be winning today and then a point or even a decent performance in defeat at Arsenal doesn’t feel so bad. 

Now you go into that game needing a result. Top 4 race is pretty tight now. 

Stand by what I said at half time, in hindsight now, but Eddie perhaps should have started the strongest 11, and Willock wasn't the player to come off, Longstaff should have, although Longstaff got in the right places at times he made the wrong choices.

And in fairness to Leeds they fought well, and got what they came for, the boys played into their scrappy game plan. 

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not good enough, really. It’s not like the Palace and Bournemouth games where they sat deep and we created fuck all.

We had loads of chances, enough to win three games and they play wide open. Yet we were wasteful. Some absolutely woeful finishing and decision making. 

We created loads against Crystal Palace too and enough against Bournemouth. These games just happen.