Matheus França

James

After signaling that it would no longer increase the offer of 20mi € (proposal rejected by the board of the club from Rio de Janeiro) by the athlete #MateusFrança of #Flamengo , #Newcastle does not give up on the jewel of the rubro-negra base, and intends to increase the proposal for 22.5mi € . Flamengo wants 25mi € .

Just now, Rich said:

After signaling that it would no longer increase the offer of 20mi € (proposal rejected by the board of the club from Rio de Janeiro) by the athlete #MateusFrança of #Flamengo , #Newcastle does not give up on the jewel of the rubro-negra base, and intends to increase the proposal for 22.5mi € . Flamengo wants 25mi € .

"Intends" isn't "have".

2 minutes ago, Emotic said:

He's still young and isn't a starter for Flamengo half the time. I doubt we'd be buying him as an automatic starter (if the rumours are true). 

Sounds ripe for a loan to Hearts.

4 minutes ago, Emotic said:

He's still young and isn't a starter for Flamengo half the time. I doubt we'd be buying him as an automatic starter (if the rumours are true). 

Haven’t Flamengo had something like half a dozen managers in the last two years.?That won’t have helped him 

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Did that Argentinian midfield kid end up at City? 

He did, Maximo Perrone. I'm sure their experience with Julian Alvarez heading straight into the squad helped too.

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Did that Argentinian midfield kid end up at City? 

He did. Vitor Roque heading to Barca too, and Andrey Santos joined Chelsea in January. 

I believe the South American links, I think it was a market earmarked early on as one we could exploit, especially for developmental signings. I don't think we were anticipating other clubs to be turning their attentions there at the same time to quite the extent that they have, though, so may have had to recalibrate. I remember when Bruno signed the reports from Brazil were that we were looking to target the market quite aggressively. 

Yeah Danilo to Forest too. 

Shame, would have liked both Santos and Roque too. Instead, they'll probably go out on loan and be 'one for the future'.

Look at the impact Danilo had at Forest, some of these guys are seriosly talented and can make an impact in the first team 

On 26/06/2023 at 16:53, Barnes23 said:

He did. Vitor Roque heading to Barca too, and Andrey Santos joined Chelsea in January. 

I believe the South American links, I think it was a market earmarked early on as one we could exploit, especially for developmental signings. I don't think we were anticipating other clubs to be turning their attentions there at the same time to quite the extent that they have, though, so may have had to recalibrate. I remember when Bruno signed the reports from Brazil were that we were looking to target the market quite aggressively. 

Continuing this theme: Another Brazilian we were heavily linked with, Angelo Gabriel, looks like he may be signing for Chelsea as well