Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Not going to be a fickle and say I'm suddenly pleased, it's one that will need to grow on me, but if the rumours about Maddison also coming in will easily smooth over any ill feeling towards this move.

Edited by mighty__mag

I'm sure he has warts, both on the pitch and personality wise.

That's why we're getting him at a discount. Yes, for a twenty-one-year-old English attacking player who is already starting games in the Premier League, 40 million (or being available at all, for that matter) is a discount. 

It's part and parcel of being an elite club with good recruiting. Buy low, sell high. Identify players who have become a bit toxic due to issues that we think we can fix with our good culture and coaching. Sell players who are over-performing due to that very same culture and coaching.

Edited by oldtype

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can I shock you? I like Anthony Gordon. Despite what I said earlier. 

Take the fee out of the equation, and we have a very promising young English player, who's development has stagnated under the next Steve Bruce.

I think Howe et Al have earned our trust on transfers after the last 12 months.

Think this clip shows what Eddie likes about him.

Personally I don't like him but thereagain I didn't like or rate David Batty and Craig Bellamy when they signed for the Toon and they both turned out good so what do I know 🧐

9 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Not going to be a fickle and say I'm suddenly pleased, it's one that will need to grow on me, but if the rumours about Maddison also coming in will easily smooth over any ill feeling towards this move.

Well put and sums my feelings up perfectly.

Don't really know much about him, but if the club want him then I'm in. He is rapid mind, having him and Willock playing down the left would give us all the gas. Nice to have lots of options up front. 

Just now, Adam said:

Don't really know much about him, but if the club want him then I'm in. He is rapid mind, having him and Willock playing down the left would give us all the gas. Nice to have lots of options up front. 

Very fast, passionate, versatile, pressing, young English player. He has votes of confidence from 2 world class managers and sought after by our manager and board. Can’t wait to see the dynamics he brings to the group!  

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Fucking idiot as usual. It's the rumour thread, but I don't know how anyone can give credence to any of the north east reporters after they were left scratching their balls on both the Isak and Wood deals. This bald prick takes it to another level mind. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Very fast, passionate, versatile, pressing, young English player. He has votes of confidence from 2 world class managers and sought after by our manager and board. Can’t wait to see the dynamics he brings to the group!  

Sounds good to me. Now just add Madders to the group and we're set....

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Fucking idiot as usual. It's the rumour thread, but I don't know how anyone can give credence to any of the north east reporters after they were left scratching their balls on both the Isak and Wood deals. This bald prick takes it to another level mind. 

I think it takes quite a lot to publicly admit that, fair play to him.

The more I think of it now he’s actually signing im warming to him. With regards to his attitude due to missing training. We were all or would’ve been happy to take Trossard from Brighton once he fell out with the manager and missed training so very similar to here. Also 7 years younger and costing a slight bit more which is fine.

5 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I think it takes quite a lot to publicly admit that, fair play to him.

Trying to cover his arse as he's been proved wrong again. Bit like his stupid statements about only a 50 million transfer budgets (both last January and the Summer) and taking the piss out of fans who were questioning him. Bloke is an absolute joke.

Edited by et tu brute

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

It's the club which keeps mentioninng FFP, not me. If you go off their chat then they can barely afford it and if so, can't afford to strengthen elsewhere. 

Yup. Highly paid experts never get things wrong, especially when judging something as impossible as potential.

Sitting 3rd in the Premier and a kick in the arse off a cup final, my cup tends to be half full at the minute…

Is Gordon better than Fraser, Ritchie and Murphy, in my opinion yes…

Is he better than Almiron under Bruce, yes…

Does he have the potential to be as good as or better than Almiron now, again yes… potentially….

The club does need to play by FFP rules and will mention it, I’ve no problem with that… but if they decided the figures work and Eddie wants the player and believes he’ll improve the squad then that’ll do for me…

some transfers work, others don’t… I’m just going to enjoy the ride…

20 minutes ago, Ken Boon said:

Think this clip shows what Eddie likes about him.

Personally I don't like him but thereagain I didn't like or rate David Batty and Craig Bellamy when they signed for the Toon and they both turned out good so what do I know 🧐

That clips is immense. He'll be amazing in Howe's press system, which is a hell of a lot more organized than in that clip.