Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

2 & 3...well.... :lol: bit of a stretch aren't they?

He can mature and develop, but he's shown nothing to say he's better than ASM & Almiron neither while at Everton or for us at the moment.

Tbh he hasn't shown much to suggest that he has more to offer than Murphy or Anderson in our team at this moment in time. Too early to be rushing to any judgement beyond that, though. 

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Don't think that's on a plate mind

Agreed.  It’s a smart through-ball but I think the Twitter gadgie doesn’t understand the notion of what ‘putting it on a plate’ is.  Is it even possible for it to be ‘on a plate’ 40 yards from goal?   Maybe if the keeper has went up for a corner and is behind play?  Even then ….

I like what I’ve seen of him so far.  Before he signed I thought he was mainly about dribbling but his passing is an equal part.  He’s not set the world alight but he has created a few chances and defended from the front.  I think he’s been unlucky with injuries and being cup tied.  He’s obviously a bit frustrated as he wants to show more.  I personally like that and the blip last week has been blown way out of proportion.  His first assists and goals will do him the world of good when they come and when he can play football without trying to impress I think we’ll see a different player. 

One of the best things about Howe is how careful he is with his words. You can see he often takes a second or two to make sure the word he wants to use is suitable as he knows saying the wrong word will have the media jumping up and down and taking things out of context. Just one tiny element of why we have such a strong unit. 

I love Eddie Howe so much that if he ever left I'd have a hard time with the next guy who came in. Not felt like that in a long time. I can see why Bournemouth are the way they are with him. It must hurt to see him with us!

Sorry this was a Gordon thread... Think the lad will be great..i like the feistiness. Eddie will refine him I've no doubt. 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Those two might have moved on, but I haven't. 

[emoji38][emoji38]

Your best work of late. 

This kid is mint and I’m glad he plays with an edge Howe will refine over time. For his doubters, you have a direct quote there from Howe on Gordon changing the game when he came on. He’s is going to be a big player for us. 

He’s quick off the mark and quick over a long distance too. I think we’re still searching for the best way of integrating him into the side , but once that’s sorted, he’ll be a real game changer like our boss man says.

I’d like to see him make use of that pace by making runs off the ball. Maxi doesn’t really do that on the left side the way Almiron and Murphy do on the right. He could really make that a point of difference.