Anthony Gordon

Jack27

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

If he develops a ruthless streak in front of goal then the sky really is the limit for him.

Great to see him getting some goals this season, it's got to be great for his confidence in that regard.

He still doesn't look super confident to me when he gets into good goalscoring positions, compared to the rest of his game at least. If he can add that ability to his game, that ability to just create a half yard of space and get a good shot away from a half chance he's going to be some player.

Aye, he should've done a lot better when Miggy put him through. He's got a decent left foot so should have confidence in it in those positions.

I think he has 5 goals in his last 12 PL games for us?

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

24 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Aye, he should've done a lot better when Miggy put him through. He's got a decent left foot so should have confidence in it in those positions.

I think he has 5 goals in his last 12 PL games for us?

Last 11. Really impressive. 

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Having watched it again this morning, I think the ball is a little bit too far behind him to take it first time. After that it's just good defending imo.

He's got a great attitude and can be coached, huge attributes for a top player. That interview where he says he wants to be trustworthy for Howe shows he's got the right attitude, and also shows Eddie's got coaching nailed. He's shown AG the path, convinced him to take it and let him prove to himself that it works. Really positive seeing a strong relationship develop between player and manager at AG's sort of age.

5 hours ago, gbandit said:

You’d absolutely hate playing against this lad for so many reasons. He’ll chase you down, run rings around you and do it all with a scowl on his face. What a top lad 

kind of like Bellars back in the day.

32 minutes ago, Adam said:

Most importantly top class at knee slides

GordonSlide.png

Need the measure out but I'm sure Lewis Halls at Old Trafford was longer. They'd restarted and we had another couple of chances before his slide ended.

Can't ever fault his effort and commitment. That automatically gets the fans on your side here. 

He's a total menace on the pitch and I'm glad we have him and won't need to worry about losing him for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

The Gordon at Everton v the one here is a completely different human being :lol: 

Was gonna say. I don't see much scowling from him nowadays! He's a lot happier and more confident in himself.

1 minute ago, HawK said:

Newcastle's England XI would beat the rest of the world's England XI. Team ethic and intensity would run the rest of them off the park.

The ROTW team would have so much technical quality though, it would certainly be a tough game. I don't know if I'd be able to call the result with any certainty.

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's weird, is it the laundry or is he significantly less of a cunt in our shirt? Like, he was demonstrably odious playing for Everton every god damn week.

Not having a shit life off the pitch and the team doing well on the pitch probably helps somewhat to decrease the cuntyness in any player.

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

The ROTW team would have so much technical quality though, it would certainly be a tough game. I don't know if I'd be able to call the result with any certainty.

Aye, I mean there's a couple of obvious stand-outs that are far superior to what we have - Kane, Bellingham and further down the list Foden and Saka. But beyond these few, are what England have at international level really that much ahead of what we have on the pitch? Is that quality gap enough to overcome our intensity and  never-say-die attitude?

I reckon PSG's lineup was comparable on paper to an England XI without Newcastle players and we blew them away...  Agreed it's not exactly nailed on, but what a nice place to be in to even broach such an absurd notion.

I've said it before, but it feels like I'm in an alternate world, real-life FM save.. where Luton is in the PL, we've got (kind of) unlimited money, we're getting results sometimes that feel like they've been save-scummed :lol: Champions League after a manager's first full season in charge, a cup final... I really hope everyone is inhaling this shit because this is once-in-a-lifetime stuff for fans. This time period is going to be to some lads what the Keegan to the Robson eras felt like to me. I feel privileged to be able to go through this again.