Anthony Gordon

Jack27

All three players will be in black and white next season and there will be incomings coming also for money. It's next summer when there is a chance they will leave If we don't at least get Champions League football. 

Would not sell and I don't think we will sell. Even for the lad at Napoli - the kids been electric and more to come once we sort the right wing out to be as equally direct and dangerous.

18 hours ago, et tu brute said:

All three players will be in black and white next season and there will be incomings coming also for money. It's next summer when there is a chance they will leave If we don't at least get Champions League football. 

This! 

Everyone has a price tag at which it would be a good idea to sell - would hate to see AG go, but at 100million+, I think that would be good business.

That would be what with the amount his contract has amortized, a profit of ~70+million? Nearly double what he cost?

14 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Everyone has a price tag at which it would be a good idea to sell - would hate to see AG go, but at 100million+, I think that would be good business.

That would be what with the amount his contract has amortized, a profit of ~70+million? Nearly double what he cost?

Even playing along with the idea hypothetically, the drawback is he could be here for another year or two and we'd still get the same fee most likely, if not more, with additional FFP profit to boot.  So there's no hurry at all to have this conversation. 

As much as I don't like it, there is a logic to the idea that Bruno is approximately at peak financial value for us right now.

57 minutes ago, 80 said:

Even playing along with the idea hypothetically, the drawback is he could be here for another year or two and we'd still get the same fee most likely, if not more, with additional FFP profit to boot.  So there's no hurry at all to have this conversation. 

As much as I don't like it, there is a logic to the idea that Bruno is approximately at peak financial value for us right now.

Good shout. This always seems to be a two-step inquiry, too - selling the player, but then bringing in fresh blood that that matches or surpasses what we had. Wouldn't want to sell either unless there were some concrete value-adds the club had in mind with Howe's blessing

8 hours ago, Upthemags said:

What the fuck happened to football? The likes of Chelsea dropping £120m on unproven midfielders. Totally ruining an already obscene market. 

Nowadays fans have to be part-time accountants and start talking about amortisation and what price we should be selling at and when and working out the book price for FFP….. and whatever the fuck else. 

:anguish: 

How much would you have to spend to all but guarantee 20 goal involvements (plus all the pens he’s won). Along with the electric pace, tireless workrate and near flawless injury record. Well for this season, at least. 

He was carrying a heavy load tonight, being our only real attacking quality - aside from full back Lewis Hall - for most of the match.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Leaves it all out there on the pitch. 100% every time. Great lad. Our Anthony. 

Genuinely don't know how he kept going. After his ankle was fucked I thought he was done, but 90 minutes in he's still sprinting and driving at their defence. Such a shift 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Genuinely don't know how he kept going. After his ankle was fucked I thought he was done, but 90 minutes in he's still sprinting and driving at their defence. Such a shift 

Yeah he’s phenomenal. So fit now! 

his first half performance frustrated me a lot to be honest and was typical of a lot of away/big games this season. 

Better in the second half though. 

He's been terrific all season and he seems like a really good lad too. Must admit, I wasn't fussed when he first signed, but he's one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment. And - he will only get better.

Did really well tonight and as others have said, provided our only real threat - Isak unfit, IMO.