Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I still can't visualise his final form. Does that make sense? He's playing really well but a lot of it is pace, positioning and doing the basics very well. Not at all a criticism, I'm just trying to work out what his next step is and what it looks like.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I still can't visualise his final form. Does that make sense? He's playing really well but a lot of it is pace, positioning and doing the basics very well. Not at all a criticism, I'm just trying to work out what his next step is and what it looks like.

Totally get this.

I'm certainly guilty of thinking that he doesn't "look" like a footballer.

I fucking love him mind.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

His next step is regularly cutting inside from the left and burying chances in the corner like a reverse Saka or Robben. I think he could have that in him. Whether he becomes so versatile that he has a free role or can be as effective on both wings is something I’m unsure of. I think his goals will go up markedly this season and assists. he’s just too quick for him not to get both loads of goals and loads of assists where he cuts the ball back to a Wilson or Isak in the box. Today he regularly beat his man after being well behind him when he set off for the ball

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think you answered your own question there pretty much. Only doubt I had about him was whether he could strike a ball cleanly but that was a pretty decent hit today. Not ot mention he pretty much tormented Sheffield U for 90 mins.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

His next step is regularly cutting inside from the left and burying chances in the corner like a reverse Saka or Robben. I think he could have that in him. Whether he becomes so versatile that he has a free role or can be as effective on both wings is something I’m unsure of. I think his goals will go up markedly this season and assists. he’s just too quick for him not to get both loads of goals and loads of assists where he cuts the ball back to a Wilson or Isak in the box. Today he regularly beat his man after being well behind him when he set off for the ball

Possibly aye. It's maybe a bit lazy, but he really does remind me of Bellamy. Even if he got to that level (his Liverpool/Man City level) we're laughing.