Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Feels like he put in two seasons of work in one to make up for those missing in action. No wonder the fans love him.

Actually feel quite ashamed about how I used to think of him. Thought he was a bit shit and a grade A c**t before he signed for us. Thought we deserved better.

In reality he's proper hard working, quality player and a real good lad.

Just goes to prove that we don't really know fuck all about footballers apart from what we see on the pitch tbh [emoji38]

Hope he scores a big goal for England this summer. Absolutely deserves it for the season he's had.

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

Fuckin hell, welling up, so thoughtful 

Same. Makes me so proud to support this club when our players act like this. What a man he’s become.

Amazing how much that will help that young kid, even just for a brief moment forget everything they’re having to deal with at such an insanely young age.

The fact he’s jumped in a car, headed down without all the pomp of NUFC taking a camera crew down too.

Seems like a top lad, like others thought he was a horrible fucker at Everton but think that was his will to win. Watching that Overlap show with him and things like this show how down to earth he is

Posted (edited)

Christ my first impressions of him were completely wrong, what an absolute and utterly fantastic human being he is. If you can't love such a great lad you'll never love anything. 

Edited by Bimpy474

9 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Christ my first impressions of him were completely wrong, what an absolute and utterly fantastic human being he is. If you can't love such a great lad you'll never love anything. 

Same!  Knew the kid had ability but thought his attitude, albeit seen from afar, looked very suspect. How wrong I was an will happily admit it.  Top Top player and great person.  Quite a deep thinker as too as the recent overlap episode showed.  Potential future NUFC captain imho.

I just thought he cared a lot for the cause and he was probably trying too hard. Yes it could have gone the wrong way if not directed properly but I wouldn't say I thought his attitude was 'bad'.