Anthony Gordon

Jack27

He’s playing well dropping deep to to lay the ball off and then going forward, he set Jacob Ramsey up as well with a good ball but Ramsey unselfishly played it across the box when he should have took the shot on.

He found space for his goal and took it well but would likely have been offside I think if they had VAR, not Gordon but someone was interfering with play. 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

He’s playing well dropping deep to to lay the ball off and then going forward, he set Jacob Ramsey up as well with a good ball but Ramsey unselfishly played it across the box when he should have took the shot on.

He found space for his goal and took it well but would likely have been offside I think if they had VAR, not Gordon but someone was interfering with play. 

They do have VAR for knockouts apparently. It looked at the goal but gave it.

24 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I know it's "U21" when the qualifiers start, but it still feels so wrong to have 22/23 year old players at an U21 tournament :lol:

Germany had a bald 60 year old playing at left back. Didn't do them much good

I feel like Gordon will have a fantastic season. Looks like he can be our 3rd striker as well in an emergency situation. Impressive. Thats 4 positions he plays. 
He played LW CAM and RW at Everton almost equally at 30ish percent in each position. Now he's showing he can play up top. Wouldnt be surprised if he could play LWB in certain tactical set-ups. Thats quite impressive for such a young player.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

still no

Im curious what your objection is here. Why not have him as an emergency option up front? Or is your point that we should sign/loan someone specifically for that role?

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

Im curious what your objection is here. Why not have him as an emergency option up front? Or is your point that we should sign/loan someone specifically for that role?

just think playing against seasoned centre backs in the Premier League is a different kettle of fish. I think ASM is more likely to go up top should the necessity arise. 

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

just think playing against seasoned centre backs in the Premier League is a different kettle of fish. I think ASM is more likely to go up top should the necessity arise. 

ASM up front should be banned