Anthony Gordon

Jack27

9 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Agree with this fully.  The goal should’ve stood. Wilson didn’t do enough for it to be a foul.  

The second penalty was an awful decision too. 

Haven't seen the second one yet like but seemed harsh to me if it was given from in the ground. But I used to play CB so perhaps there's a defensive bias there...

The problem is not with the player or the referee. It's the rule. It's clearly a foul even if you might argue Gordon did draw it. But the foul and the position it was in in no way justify a free kick at goal from 12 yards. At best Gordon keeps the ball in play and is able to make his way towards the corner flag and maybe send in a cross. A penalty is just not a proportionate response to a foul that prevents that.

I'd like two degrees of foul in the penalty area. One results in a traditional penalty. The other in an ice hockey style penalty.

29 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

The problem is not with the player or the referee. It's the rule. It's clearly a foul even if you might argue Gordon did draw it. But the foul and the position it was in in no way justify a free kick at goal from 12 yards. At best Gordon keeps the ball in play and is able to make his way towards the corner flag and maybe send in a cross. A penalty is just not a proportionate response to a foul that prevents that.

I'd like two degrees of foul in the penalty area. One results in a traditional penalty. The other in an ice hockey style penalty.

fuck me dont give refs extra rules to fuck up, they can barely manage the ones they have now.

12 hours ago, Jordan said:

Bruno’s today was pathetically immature. Didn’t get the foul he wanted so 10 seconds later goes and kicks the guy in front of the ref. 

I've had a few of them over the years, something you just feel like you're getting nothing, and just want to kick someone because of it. Pure frustration.

1 hour ago, STM said:

It was a foul in the box. It's a pen, it's always been a pen.

Brentford were dirty cunts and got what they deserved.

This for me. 

I loathe the one in the box where a player gets a shot away but the defender catches the attacker late, anywhere else on the pitch a free kick is given for a late challenge, in the box it's deemed ok because the player got the shot away. 

Edited by Tisd09

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The ball was still in play, and the GK tackles Gordon without playing the ball nor getting anywhere near it.  Pretty much as obvious a foul as you’ll ever see

I have no idea how anyone is suggesting it anything other than a pen, saying he bought it or its "clever" suggest its borderline. For me it's as stonewall as it gets.

4 minutes ago, M1tche said:

I have no idea how anyone is suggesting it anything other than a pen, saying he bought it or its "clever" suggest its borderline. For me it's as stonewall as it gets.

Agreed, the second one was a joke mind but common sense eventually overruled but this was obvious. Keeper is a total idiot for making it happen 

3 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Without the keeper being where he was and diving in, Gordon has a chance to control the ball under less pressure and keep possession. 

Gordon gets to the ball before the keeper and does the only thing he can do in that situation. Foul and penalty.

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Gordon has no intention of getting the ball. He’s trying to get a pen. 

Even Shearer admitted it was super soft.  I’ll take it. But that’s one that’s gone in our favour. 

Watch it from here in slow motion, the keeper is committed and lunges to get the ball but Gordon gets there first, it's not like he's just standing there and Gordon runs into him  https://youtu.be/eRI6MZmQSlg?t=491 The way he turns his body is to be able to keep the ball in, if he doesn't turn like that he could only kick it out of play or back heel it straight to the keeper. he doesn't get the chance to because the keeper takes him out.

Edited by Jackie Broon

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There’s no changing my opinion. Gordon is looking for a penalty. He engineers the contact.  Gk falls for it.  Ref falls for it. 

if it happened against us I’d be fuming. I’d also be disappointed that the GK have the ref a decision. 

:thup:

The keeper sees Gordon coming sprints six yards and then lunges into that contact. Whether Gordon hoped for the keeper to be daft enough to do that or not, it's still a foul. 

Edited by Jackie Broon

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It’s irrelevant if it’s a pen or not tbh, because Wilson’s goal should never have been disallowed beforehand.

While I think it was a pen, it's a 50/50 decision, and I don't think the ref gives it if he hadn't made the mistake on the disallowed goal.

Either way, it's smart play from Gordon.

16 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Are we turning into RAWK?  :lol: soft pen and if it was given against I'd be saying soft pen 

A soft pen is still a pen.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There’s no changing my opinion. Gordon is looking for a penalty. He engineers the contact.  Gk falls for it.  Ref falls for it. 

if it happened against us I’d be fuming. I’d also be disappointed that the GK have the ref a decision. 

There's a fucking surprise.