Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 minute ago, BoSelecta said:

If he’s received death threats (which is reasonably likely given his status as club scapegoat and the threats recently directed at the board) then anyone on here calling him out for not training is a fucking idiot.

This! 

Im not a fan of this type of behaviour, it will always make us wonder if he and his agent do the same if he finds himself out of the team here in the future. We also don't know the other side either. What he is being subjected to by fans or whats going on behind the scenes at Everton. The fact he has a chance to move up and wants to leave to further his career has likely been accelerated due to how the fans have turned on him. "He is utter shite, we have much better. We better not sell him for less than $50m though". Likewise I don't think he is pulling these type of antics if Everton weren't being ridiculous on his price. He clearly see's it as a big move and one he might not get in the summer. He is probably right too. We might get someone else or if we are in a CL position still come season end we might aim for someone better than him then too.

I am sure we are pretty relaxed. Everton only stand to lose more money on him if they refuse to approach our offer. The fans and maybe other players wont want him back, he doesn't want to be there anymore. They will likely have to discipline him or make him train with the reserves etc. They will lose at least 10m off his value come summer. I expect we are happy to wait up to deadline day if Everton don't cave. He can't play next Tuesday so there is no need to push to get him in earlier at our own expense. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I've still missed the confirmation that he's refusing to train. Tried my best to find it. 

Not returning to the club is by default refusing to train.

I'm just going off the thread title btw.

Just now, Jaqen said:

It reeks of Everton trying to stall for a Chelsea daft late bid and if not they'll accept our offer whilst being made to look like they had no choice but to sell a wantaway player. 

Gordon doesn’t want the basket case club. He wants the joyride! 

You've also got to ask, who's leaking this to the media and why?

There's no good reason us or his agent would do so. It'll be Everton. The more of a cunt he looks, the less blowback on the club for flogging him.  Selling a little shit who went AWOL is a lot more palatable than one of their own, who played a part in keeping them in the league last season. It's right out of the Keith Bishop playbook. 

That's not to say he hasn't gone AWOL, or that he definitely isn't a little shit, but we don't really have any idea what's going on behind the scenes or what the lad is thinking. 

1 minute ago, Mills and Boon said:

If we get him I hope he can do a full on David Batty and go from someone I absolutely hate to a player I love.

It'll be some turn around though, can't stand the diving little fucker

But you want to like him! First goal, assist or shithousery for us [emoji38]

Looks like Everton are backed into a corner. They could refuse to let him leave out of principal but they would be cutting off their own noses, when they need the cash.

The way we conduct business is always likely to get players to down tools at their clubs. What I mean is that we will always look for a deal or good price, whilst also publicly courting a player. We won't do a Chelsea and pay whatever the selling club wants. Most of our bigger deals are likely to be long and drawn out. Which we are perfectly entitled to do.

I actually think this is more of a case of Everton finding a replacement.

If you were the buying club, wouldn't you always want the player you're after pulling this sort of stunt?

Seems like it's become a staple part of the playbook when a buying club/player/agent feels the selling club is taking the piss on price or isn't doing what it says it would do.

17 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Well if he's refusing to attend training and with no permission by the club to do so, then it doesn't demonstrate good character to me. 

I would normally agree but their fans are chasing him down the street and blocking his car. Daily Mail. I wouldn't want to play for those fans either.  

On their forums they mentioned Newcastle are putting him up to this. Can you imagine Ashworth being so unprofessional? 

There is no way in hell he'd operate like that. I agree with Prophet, Everton want him to look bad and I bet after the car incident he may have been lied to and he said "Fuck it, I'm out".

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

If you were the buying club, wouldn't you always want the player you're after pulling this sort of stunt?

Seems like it's become a staple part of the playbook when a buying club/player/agent feels the selling club is taking the piss on price or isn't doing what it says it would do.

Absolutely. I've often thought transfer requests were actually just relinquished loyalty bonuses too.

If your Everton you say "hand in a transfer request then", and they save themselves an extra wedge. I wonder if this is what's going on.