Anthony Gordon

Jack27

33 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Here’s my tuppence. Move is done, agreed and all parties happy. Everton however do not have the inclination to spend the money they’ll get for him so later the deal goes through.. ie Tuesday evening, the better.

We can parade him at half time and then they can say they didn’t have the time to get a replacement in.

The reality is that they may go down so this money will be vital in the chance they do. I don’t think they have the confidence at this stage in the season to reverse the damage and league position that we did last year.

Nice theory, but why the need to skip training if it’s all done? I mean I wouldn’t want to be around that club after the way they’ve gone on lately but wouldn’t he just gut it out for few more days to avoid the press?

29 minutes ago, Nine said:

Nice theory, but why the need to skip training if it’s all done? I mean I wouldn’t want to be around that club after the way they’ve gone on lately but wouldn’t he just gut it out for few more days to avoid the press?

Well, running with the idea, it would screw things up for the selling club if he picked up a last minute injury. Quite common to protect players in those circumstances.

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

There's no way Levy will sanction parting with this kind of cash for Gordon. He's currently in the process of trying save every last penny he can with that Porro deal.

Why would the even need him, especially after the Danjuma deal ?

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

The NUFC that exists now, is very different to the one that was when Ben Arfa joined the club. I'd much rather have good characters around the place than folk who may upset the applecart.

The Everton that exists now is the one that chases a 21 year old kid down the street demanding to know why he hasn't saved them from the collective incompetence of the owner, manager and rest of the playing squad.

Context matters.

I want him, I think he's got a lot of the qualities we're looking for, and I think Eddie has big plans for this lad - But this is getting mental.

I hope we can get him out of there soon for both our sakes - The stuff I've heard coming out of some EFC fans mouths about the lad is bordering on the sinister, and it's got to be affecting him on some level.

If Moshiri and his clown board have a functioning brain cell between them, then they'd surely realize that the sooner this gets done, the better - A £60 million price tag is lunacy and is only going to come back to haunt them if this falls through due to their spite.

Having observed what's going on at Everton from a distance though, it wouldn't surprise me.

49 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I’m not sure I could hold it against a player refusing to train for us if our fans were chasing them down the street like [emoji38]

I think it's a big part of the reason they've been open to letting him leave. No idea what the heck those fans thought they were doing.

54 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I’m not sure I could hold it against a player refusing to train for us if our fans were chasing them down the street like [emoji38]

I must have missed this. What happened ?