[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

22 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Whatever happens though, someone will lose out.

I don't understand the constant use of this line. Of course somebody will lose out. The point is that, in this case, a section of those that have lost out have done so unnecessarily and unfairly. It's not 'whatever happens', it's 'whatever did happen in this specific case'.

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

I don't understand the constant use of this line. Of course somebody will lose out. The point is that, in this case, a section of those that have lost out have done so unnecessarily and unfairly. It's not 'whatever happens', it's 'whatever did happen in this specific case'.

As I’ve said before though. I think there are rules which state that you can’t just sell the tickets to season ticket holders and a certain amount/percentage has to go non-season ticket holders.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

As I’ve said before though. I think there are rules which state that you can’t just sell the tickets to season ticket holders and a certain amount/percentage has to go non-season ticket holders.

In cup finals? Never, ever heard this before. 

1 hour ago, Heron said:

It's a bitter pill for me to swallow and it could have been more bitter for me (and more difficult for me to swallow), but with this Ashley debacle I've lost all my 80 or so loyalty points, but at the age of 33, I have been a match going fan for 26 years of my life and a season ticket holder for 19 years. Now I'm the same as a mate of mine who's maybe been to 30 games in total and only just got a season ticket...

It's shite.

That is shite.

I jacked it in under Ashley, couldn’t get a ST in the summer, like thousands of others. I’ve been to every league and cup game this season, and I’m hoping embers like me will be at the top of any new waiting list for season tickets. 

If they release any more in the summer, they need to weight it like they have with the cup final tickets. As there’ll be some members with 19 league games against members with 1 game vying for a ST.

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

That is shite.

I jacked it in under Ashley, couldn’t get a ST in the summer, like thousands of others. I’ve been to every league and cup game this season, and I’m hoping embers like me will be at the top of any new waiting list for season tickets. 

If they release any more in the summer, they need to weight it like they have with the cup final tickets. As there’ll be some members with 19 league games against members with 1 game vying for a ST.

You absolutely should be, in my opinion of course.

4 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

That is shite.

Likewise. 

Worst thing is I remember watching that West Ham game under Bruce and thinking “I should be there” and being very close to buying an ST, after originally giving it up. Gutted. :lol:

It is what it is and all that. I think the way some season ticket holders look down their nose at members is embarrassing, and in fairness vice versa. We are one fanbase and should be United instead of squabbling.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Some of these away fans lived charmed lives mind. Leave the wives and kids at home every other weekend to go on the piss with the lads to every far flung corner of the land, then when cup tickets come around talk about the great "sacrifices" they have made. [emoji38] Poor little cocks should be getting the George's cross.

Said the other day that there is a million nuances to everyone's individual stories.  There's guys on this forum who live in foreign fields who have never had the chance to build up any sort of loyalty but they live and breath Newcastle in their own way and there's season ticket holders who no longer even attend, who just buy their ticket each year as a matter of habit.

It's all over the place.

Aye :lol:There's plenty who go to away games who don't even like football that much too. It's basically a weekend on the gear and drink and the game is the least important part of it all. 

6 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Aye :lol:There's plenty who go to away games who don't even like football that much too. It's basically a weekend on the gear and drink and the game is the least important part of it all. 

Half the people I know that go to away games go for the gear and to get away from their families.

Edited by RodneyCisse

Is gear a catch-all term for drugs these days or has to switched to cocaine? As I always thought of it as being heroin. When I went to Brighton away earlier in the season the lad on my left was clearly high as fuck, was really annoying being next to a complete idiot 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Is gear a catch-all term for drugs these days or has to switched to cocaine? As I always thought of it as being heroin. When I went to Brighton away earlier in the season the lad on my left was clearly high as fuck, was really annoying being next to a complete idiot 

Defo cocaine. Was like an avalanche on the bus I went to Burnley on in May. :lol: 

It's being treated as a status thing between the haves and have nots.

Amazed by the amount of mums(or dads ;)) on Facebook willing to brag about their kid/husband going to Wembley, to impress their facebook friends. Just wait until final weekend, when they are all posting their kids at Wembley, when two weeks ago they were probably turning the TV over during match of the day saying they were sick of the footy. :lol:

Im talking about my wife here aren't I? [emoji38]

I'm lucky enough to go but I won't look down my nose at anyone in here, who are equally as big as fans as me and who are equally as deserving of a ticket. All I will say is that I will sing my heart out for you lot. 

Had a couple of people in PMs offering me away tickets (because they saw how gutted I was when it looked as though I wasn't going to the final) and the generosity of people in here is unreal. 

39 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Just playing devils advocate here but what’s fair to you might be unfair to someone else. For example you could argue that it’s a specific competition and someone who’s been to every game of the competition would find it unfair to lose out on a final ticket to someone who couldn’t be bothered going to the cup games until the final. That’s where it’s complicated things 

This is the problem that comes with demand outstripping supply. Some people don’t get what they want.

I binned my ST off under Ashley and lost my loyalty points. If I thought there was something the club could do to fix this situation I’d be booting off but ultimately there’s no easy solution. 

I didn’t get a final ticket, but I think approach was as fair as could be in the circumstances. An effort was made to give ‘loyal’ fans (by all conventional markers such as points, ST holding etc) first dibs and then some tickets we left to spread around the rest of the fanbase.

Appreciate people who were in P4 and didn’t get one are pissed off that people in P6 did, but it’s not like you weren’t warned it was a ballot.

25 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Likewise. 

Worst thing is I remember watching that West Ham game under Bruce and thinking “I should be there” and being very close to buying an ST, after originally giving it up. Gutted. :lol:

It is what it is and all that. I think the way some season ticket holders look down their nose at members is embarrassing, and in fairness vice versa. We are one fanbase and should be United instead of squabbling.

Gave up my ST after donkey's years when Bruce was appointed. That was the clear line in the sand for many thousands. So it was disappointing that the club's recognition of those who had ditched their STs (by allocating some last summer to former ST holders) only applied to those who'd done it in 2019 or later.

It's seriously galling that folk who took up Ashley's freebie ST offer in 2019-20 will be at Wembley rather than me. But it's worse still when some "soopafans" on Twitter tell you that you deserve no better because of a lack of "loyalty"...

Just now, magorific said:

Gave up my ST after donkey's years when Bruce was appointed. That was the clear line in the sand for many thousands. So it was disappointing that the club's recognition of those who had ditched their STs (by allocating some last summer to former ST holders) only applied to those who'd done it in 2019 or later.

It's seriously galling that folk who took up Ashley's freebie ST offer in 2019-20 will be at Wembley rather than me. But it's worse still when some "soopafans" on Twitter tell you that you deserve no better because of a lack of "loyalty"...

Aye I don’t blame you for feeling annoyed. As I said, I also gave mine up and in hindsight I’m gutted I did, but I knew the risks.

I’ve seen some horrendous takes on Twitter. People are hurting that they missed out when they thought because they have a season ticket they would be certain to get a cup final ticket and they’re taking it out on people who don’t deserve to be mocked or be looked down on.

Hopefully the period of anger is over soon and people accept that they didn’t get a ticket and start looking forward to the game.

2 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Is this game back in anyone's history or tickets on the website yet who got one in p1-p3 last week? Mine stil isn't

I'm sure it will be fine but in future, screenshot the fuck out of anything important.

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just playing devils advocate here but what’s fair to you might be unfair to someone else. For example you could argue that it’s a specific competition and someone who’s been to every game of the competition would find it unfair to lose out on a final ticket to someone who couldn’t be bothered going to the cup games until the final. That’s where it’s complicated things 

Not when some of the tickets went to non-season ticket holders who also didn’t bother with majority of cup games. It’s not complicated. It’s unfair.

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

Not when some of the tickets went to non-season ticket holders who also didn’t bother with majority of cup games. It’s not complicated. It’s unfair.

Fair point. I was in period 6 but didn’t enter the ballot. Hope people can put the disappointment behind them and enjoy the final 

7 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye I don’t blame you for feeling annoyed. As I said, I also gave mine up and in hindsight I’m gutted I did, but I knew the risks.

I’ve seen some horrendous takes on Twitter. People are hurting that they missed out when they thought because they have a season ticket they would be certain to get a cup final ticket and they’re taking it out on people who don’t deserve to be mocked or be looked down on.

Hopefully the period of anger is over soon and people accept that they didn’t get a ticket and start looking forward to the game.

Yep, agreed. It hurts (and I'm far more disappointed for my sons than me), but we're still in the final.