[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

Just now, geordie_b said:

We looked at it but you had to get in pre 12:30 for guaranteed entry

yeah we paid £20 for me and my 3 teenagers and my mate for his family.

then we realised it only got you guaranteed before 12.30.

not so bad for us as we going to be down on sat night.

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Worst referee possible for the game. He should have been demoted just for the Chelsea away performance last year. Worst referee there is in the Premier League imo 

Allegedly a Man u supporter too but I don't know if there's any truth in that

3 hours ago, STM said:

After being a whiney little bitch about not getting a ticket in the ballot. Someone has just offered me a ticket for my bairn... meaning I can now go.

Not only am I buzzing but I'm gobsmacked at the kindness of people. Unreal.

Although the bairn will have to get in with a senior ticket but that's a gamble I'm defo willing to take.

When you say ‘senior’, do you mean adult or OAP? 

As if it’s OAP, that’s a concession just the same as a junior. So would assume going through the turnstile (if it’s like SJP) it would just flash the same colour for all types of concessions? 

Even if he was unlucky enough to be randomly checked, I reckon as long as you knew the name and address that the ticket was registered to, it would probably be fine.

4 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

I was in pot 6 so wasn't expected anything, but gutted for my old man who was in 4. Been going since the 50's, travelled everywhere in 60's and 70's, same season ticket in the East Stand since the 80's, went to 2 of the LC games but still lost out. 

Ridiculous that somebody who jumped on the bandwagon in the last year has got a ticket ahead of him.

Seeing more and more of this tripe. Nobody going to Wembley, regardless of what pot they were in, started supporting Newcastle this year.

People forget a year and a half ago we had years Mike Ashley bleeding the club dry, happy to take free advertising and club revenue without actually being arsed to sell because he had supporters turning up week in, week out saying fuck all about it. 

Aye, your fatha should have got a ticket and it is unfair. I do genuinely feel for folk like that. Hopefully they'll get their time but it's no good slagging non ST holders 

2 hours ago, Danh1 said:

I know him - definitely on the wind up. When I used to go to pretty much every Away game he was at most of them. 

Pretty sure he used to post on here too. Was definitely on other forums as I remember his name straight away. 

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

People forget a year and a half ago we had years Mike Ashley bleeding the club dry, happy to take free advertising and club revenue without actually being arsed to sell because he had supporters turning up week in, week out saying fuck all about it. 

Unless you are suggesting that Period One people should not have got tickets, I'm not really sure what your point is here. I don't care if members jumped on the bandwagon or not. I would guess that some did and some did not. Those that gave up tickets because of Ashley...I applaud their actions, but then they got them back now we're owned by the Saudi state, so I'm not quite ready to give them an unopposed moral platform just yet. 

All of which doesn't really matter. The point is that nobody without a season ticket should have got tickets ahead of season ticket holders. Newcastle have roughly thirty thousand tickets and thirty thousand season ticket holders. In the entire history of cup final allocations across the entire country, I don't think that this has ever been a remotely controversial stance.

On ticketing - I don't think any way was gonna please everyone.

My suggestion at the fan engagement meeting was that tickets and loyalty points should be weighted, as an example;

Season tickets: 5
Away tickets: 3
Cup tickets: 2
Friendlies: 1

Not necessarily this but as an example.

That way, those who have followed Newcastle for years as season ticket holders have a good opportunity of attending finals and big away games. Rightly so in my opinion, they're attending the most games and giving the largest financial outlay to the club. Obviously, those with a lot of loyalty points from away games would also have season tickets and thus they'd remain top priority, again, rightly so.

This then gives opportunity to members to develop points and the opportunity to achieve higher category tickets should the opportunity arise.

This particular instance has been poorly communicated (as always with regards to NUFC and tickets). Any prioritisation on the basis of cup tickets should have been advised at the start of the season. As we're seeing now it's a kick in the teeth for season ticket holders who've spent 600 quid and up and been pipped to the post by someone who has spent 20 quid. Aside from money, that's 19 games to 1.

I also think loyalty points should be retained for individuals. Not that it matters, but how is it fair that someone who has been 'loyal' for one season has more opportunity than say my Dad who's been to probably around 30/40 away games and been a season ticket holder for decades but wouldn't now be on a Wigan trip or similar ??‍ you're only loyal if you're currently going, that's shite too in my opinion

Edited by Heron

10 hours ago, Stifler said:

As expected I never won out in the ballot.

That’s ok though, I’ll save my good luck for the final, hopefully we win. If we do win I’m just a short drive from fathering with a city of our fans in celebration.

What exactly are you planning here, Stiffy? :lol:

On your last point, how is it fair that your dad last went to an away trip years and years ago, but newer season ticket holders who go to more recent away games more often struggle to get to go to the biggest away day?

Away loyalty points should start to drop off between 10-15 years.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

On your last point, how is it fair that your dad last went to an away trip years and years ago, but newer season ticket holders who go to more recent away games more often struggle to get to go to the biggest away day?

Away loyalty points should start to drop off between 10-15 years.

Because attending games home or away is a form of loyalty, and financially for the club, he has probably given more. Likewise he'd have attended more games, historically. If points were weighted as above they'd likely have more than him anyway through accumulation of season tickets, cup tickets and away tickets anyway. Just means he's higher up the pecking order than someone who's turned up now we're good.

Also, my proposal means people like myself who boycotted under Ashkey wouldn't lose approximately 80 loyalty points for standing up for their club, or if people couldn't afford it for a few years owing to personal circumstances, etc.

What we're saying is you're only loyal if you've been going recently, which isn't right to me.

Edited by Heron

6 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Seeing more and more of this tripe. Nobody going to Wembley, regardless of what pot they were in, started supporting Newcastle this year.

Aye, your fatha should have got a ticket and it is unfair. I do genuinely feel for folk like that. Hopefully they'll get their time but it's no good slagging non ST holders 

I'm not slagging off non ST holders, I'm actually one of those who stopped going under Ashley myself, and have missed out. But I genuinely know of people who only started going since the Saudis rocked up, who got tickets in the ballot.

How can someone with 70 years of attending (45 for me) actually lose out to them man?

2 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

I'm not slagging off non ST holders, I'm actually one of those who stopped going under Ashley myself, and have missed out. But I genuinely know of people who only started going since the Saudis rocked up, who got tickets in the ballot.

How can someone with 70 years of attending (45 for me) actually lose out to them man?

Yep, I don't understand how you're less 'loyal' than these folk either.

12 minutes ago, Heron said:

Yep, I don't understand how you're less 'loyal' than these folk either.

Also, why doesn't the loyalty points system include ST holders getting points for every season they have attended? People who were going long before the system was introduced, just aren't accounted for IMHO.

4 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Also, why doesn't the loyalty points system include ST holders getting points for every season they have attended? People who were going long before the system was introduced, just aren't accounted for IMHO.

It's a bitter pill for me to swallow and it could have been more bitter for me (and more difficult for me to swallow), but with this Ashley debacle I've lost all my 80 or so loyalty points, but at the age of 33, I have been a match going fan for 26 years of my life and a season ticket holder for 19 years. Now I'm the same as a mate of mine who's maybe been to 30 games in total and only just got a season ticket...

It's shite.

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, TotalWar said:

I have a feeling that it may be very difficult for members to get tickets for cup competitions and especially finals from now on, owing to what has happened regarding some season ticket holders not getting cup final tickets this time. I imagine most season ticket holders will buy tickets for all rounds of all cups from now on even if they cant go. At £20 a time its worth it to guarantee a cup final ticket. This will mean fewer for members and likewise non members.

Yep and more people using more people's tickets, thus making it an entirely closed shop for newer match going fans.

20 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

I have a feeling that it may be very difficult for members to get tickets for cup competitions and especially finals from now on, owing to what has happened regarding some season ticket holders not getting cup final tickets this time. I imagine most season ticket holders will buy tickets for all rounds of all cups from now on even if they cant go. At £20 a time its worth it to guarantee a cup final ticket. This will mean fewer for members and likewise non members.

Yep, that's exactly what I will be doing.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Because attending games home or away is a form of loyalty, and financially for the club, he has probably given more. Likewise he'd have attended more games, historically. If points were weighted as above they'd likely have more than him anyway through accumulation of season tickets, cup tickets and away tickets anyway. Just means he's higher up the pecking order than someone who's turned up now we're good.

Also, my proposal means people.lolr myself who boycotted under Ashkey wouldn't lose approximately 80 loyalty points for standing up for their club, or if people couldn't afford it for a few years owing to personal circumstances, etc.

What we're saying is you're only loyal if you've been going recently, which isn't right to me.

I’m not saying your dad isn’t loyal. What I’m saying is that your dad or someone like him may not have attended an away match for years, yet someone who has been to every away game this season or even the last few seasons could lose out to someone who’s not been to one for years.

Whatever happens though, someone will lose out.

On the flip side you’ll have half a stadium full of Man Utd fans who aren’t particularly arsed about this competition all attending. They have also been able to buy corporate tickets for half the price of the Newcastle alternative ones.

A nigh on 90,000 seater stadium, and one finalist who has no more than 35k season tickets holders can’t all attend.

9 hours ago, SteV said:

When you say ‘senior’, do you mean adult or OAP? 

As if it’s OAP, that’s a concession just the same as a junior. So would assume going through the turnstile (if it’s like SJP) it would just flash the same colour for all types of concessions? 

Even if he was unlucky enough to be randomly checked, I reckon as long as you knew the name and address that the ticket was registered to, it would probably be fine.

Yeah it's an over 65 concession or whatever it's called, plus he's going in with the actually ticket buyer/holder so I can't see an issue.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m not saying your dad isn’t loyal. What I’m saying is that your dad or someone like him may not have attended an away match for years, yet someone who has been to every away game this season or even the last few seasons could lose out to someone who’s not been to one for years.

Whatever happens though, someone will lose out.

On the flip side you’ll have half a stadium full of Man Utd fans who aren’t particularly arsed about this competition all attending. They have also been able to buy corporate tickets for half the price of the Newcastle alternative ones.

A nigh on 90,000 seater stadium, and one finalist who has no more than 35k season tickets holders can’t all attend.

No, I know you're not mate, but the point I am making is how is buying a season ticket for say 50 years less loyal than someone who has attended home and away for one season?

Some of these away fans lived charmed lives mind. Leave the wives and kids at home every other weekend to go on the piss with the lads to every far flung corner of the land, then when cup tickets come around talk about the great "sacrifices" they have made. [emoji38] Poor little cocks should be getting the George's cross.

Said the other day that there is a million nuances to everyone's individual stories.  There's guys on this forum who live in foreign fields who have never had the chance to build up any sort of loyalty but they live and breath Newcastle in their own way and there's season ticket holders who no longer even attend, who just buy their ticket each year as a matter of habit.

It's all over the place.