Your plans for the Cup Final

Kid Icarus

Your plans for the Cup Final  

275 members have voted

1. 1. It's Cup Final Day. What ya doin? Who's with ya?

• I've informed my mother and I'm going to Wembley
    • I'm going down to London regardless
    • I'm going into town (Newcastle)
    • I'm going to my local/stopping in

Hotel near Kings Cross, train there on the Sat and home on the Mon. Nee idea what times. Booked through Westoe Travel in Shields for £200.

Hopefully get a ticket, resigned myself to not. Will be some weekend irrespective of the result as this is just the start, we will be back. This isn’t a one off.

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I guess more tickets will come on reseller websites once fans can start to buy them. Lord knows the prices though. 

I might be being naive but I really can’t see many if any “fans” reselling their tickets. Man Utd possibly but not NUFC fans. 

12 hours ago, Stifler said:

I saw an advert today for a Newcastle train that takes you down to Wembley direct, it actually stops at the station at Wembley, and comes back at 8.

It’s a dry train though.

I saw that advert too. As well as having a charter train on, they are saying they are also using LNER trains and worryingly it states police will not allow alcohol on board trains or coaches. Oh well, might do me a favour cos will have had a good 10 hours in London. Charter train leaves at 8 and gets there at 2 both ways. Didn't know the Flying Scotsman had came out of retirement.

44 minutes ago, Flip said:

Close to booking flights, question is if ticket prices in the black market will fall below £1.7k :lol: More expensive than World Cup tickets this. Man U side is far more reasonable at roughly half the price. (Even if expensive as hell)

I’m toying with just buying in the Man U end at this point, tickets won’t drop in value now only increase unfortunately.

Down Saturday morning, back Monday morning.  Staying right next to Wembley.  Mate booked refundable train tickets and hotel a couple of month back, pleased he did. 

Getting my hopes up that I'll be fine for a ticket in phase 3. 

The lad and I are coming down to Newcastle for the day/night.  Trains and hotel just booked.  So excited it's like it's the 1st of December and Santa's on his way! 

Win and it will be some fucking party, loose and at least I'll be around like minded folk.  Will take any recommendations on where best to view the game itself.  Ta in advance!

Given I was so tardy in sorting anything out, and trains are either sold out or stupid prices, I’ve ended up booking a flight to Belfast at 8am on the Saturday, then Belfast to Luton at 2pm. £86 all in (plus about another tenner to get from Luton to St Pancreas). 

Probably end spending the same again in Belfast airport bar like, but never mind.

How to get home on the Monday will have to wait until tomorrow cos my heads battered after hours of looking at possible options.

Edited by SteV

2 hours ago, Izakaya said:

Aye same. Monday already booked off work. Usually in the Sherlock Holmes on Collins St, but the last Aussie Mags meetups were at the Imperial at the top of Bourke St. I'll be there. 

Aye, I watched the first game of the season at the Sherlock Holmes and have watched a couple at Kicks but the Imperial is a shout actually. See you there! 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m toying with just buying in the Man U end at this point, tickets won’t drop in value now only increase unfortunately.

Worst experience in the world being surrounded by opposition fans and not able to celebrate if you win. For nearly £1000. Nee chance. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Worst experience in the world being surrounded by opposition fans and not able to celebrate if you win. For nearly £1000. Nee chance. 

Aye, sod being with opposition fans at a fucking final. Either you're gutted if we lose and have a bunch of Man U wankers all over the place, or you can't celebrate properly if we win. Fuck. That.