Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Posted (edited)

Are we going to find ourselves in a situation where the rules have been so twisted and fucked about with that we're going to get to the point where the Europa Conference isn't worth it based off having to adhere to UEFA's regs on top of the PL's (given the crap prize money and negligible coefficient boost you'll get even if you win)?

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

10 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Minus 15 is instant relegation for a newly promoted club like.

Aye, means if you take the 40 point target, you need to get 55 points. Even if you lower it to 35 points, it’s still 50 points. So a newly promoted club would need to hit European form just to stay up.

In saying that, if the points total for safety repeats last season, Leicester could easily do it.

23 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Because they are in a bit of limbo with no clarity from the Premier League over m how they can finance their new stand. The Everton situation has thrown it all up in the the air, and if it’s true that interest on loans for stadium/infrastructure is not detectable, then they may need that extra £20m per year to finance their new stand.

But the Palace motion wouldn't get them any extra, would it ? Genuinely asking here.

If the only club if benefits are Villa then I can't see why most clubs wouldn't vote it down? Presumably it'll need 14+ to pass and why would 14+ clubs give Villa a free pass for a single year? 

Burn the whole fucking thing down man, it's utter horseshit, all of it.  

Wouldn’t be against it if all clubs were given the same headroom but fuck off with it being only for clubs in europe.

Baffles me why our ownership are so passive with all of this. Take the PL to court over restraint of trade and collusive practices, 

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Baffles me why our ownership are so passive with all of this. Take the PL to court over restraint of trade and collusive practices, 

I wonder if they've looked and thought they wouldn't win ?

I can't understand why billionaires want to buy clubs anymore , it like buying a Farrari with a chock of wood under the accelerator 

What I don't understand is how moving the PLs rules further away from UEFAs is actually going to work?

So the PL bump the £105m limit to £135m but UEFA keep theirs the same so if you're hoping to regularly qualify for Europe will you actually be able to spend that extra money or will UEFA just say "Nope, sorry" and kick you out of whatever competition you've qualified for?

12 minutes ago, SAK said:

Douglas in his piece the other day said we are challenging it from within. 

Quite happy to take an points deduction now and see them all in court. Go out and spend £300m this summer and tell them to go fuck themselves. 

Relegated before the season starts. So glad our financial rules don’t allow owners to spend outside of their means, carry massive debts, obscure revenue streams and things like this. God forbid we end up in a situation where a club is accused of financial misconduct, yet they continue to operate as normal, winning trophies and the like for years. No, rules are rules. 

If even one little “Leicester” slips through the net, they will be punished. You know, there’s trophies out there that these teams try to win. But they’re simply not there for them to win. Guys, chill. Leave it to the Manchester, Liverpool and London bros to take care of that. Relax and enjoy your “#PLexperience”.

It’s simple for these clubs. Don’t break the rules and everything will be lovely. If you win a trophy, a league, a certificate you make sure you haven’t spent an arbitrary amount in doing so. Oh you have? Well, we’ll give you £70m for your best player to sit on our bench and we’ll allow you to carry on existing. 

You make sure that your profit and sustainability calculations match up to ones which no longer reflect the current climate. Owned by a state. Don’t worry. We have plans in place to make sure your unlimited wealth NEVER has any impact on the footballing landscape. You will not have to worry about accidentally loaning players from affiliated clubs and incurring fixed penalties or indeed, points deductions, because we will make it clear what you can and can’t do. 

Newly rich clubs spoiling your chances of every season champions league revenues. Have another champions league spot! Now there’s five of you! Five champions! 

Thank you for cooperating in helping to ensure that the Premier League remains the BEST league in the world. 

Leicester still being punished for winning the PL and everyone else stopped. 

Cartel. Just like everything in the UK. 

Leicester weren't able to build on that success, weren't allowed to spend money they have access to, relegated as a result, promoted but losing the manager to a club that WAS allowed to spend money in the same way Leicester were not and starting with a fifteen-point deduction for not sacrificing enough. 

Thank heaven's FFP has made football so much more competitive.

There’s no way Leicester will accept a massive points deduction like that and I’m sure they’ll fight this to the highest court possible 

14 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Leicester weren't able to build on that success, weren't allowed to spend money they have access to, relegated as a result, promoted but losing the manager to a club that WAS allowed to spend money in the same way Leicester were not and starting with a fifteen-point deduction for not sacrificing enough. 

Thank heaven's FFP has made football so much more competitive.

Spot on rising ticket prices to boot as clubs struggle to create extra revenue, let’s let the little man pay to keep the current 6 in their place under the guise where protecting clubs from going bust.

Its rotten unfortunately where not the club to bring it down due to disdain/fear of our owners, it needs a club like Leicester with enough wealth behind them to launch a challenge and gain some support from across football for the right to be able to invest if you have the means.

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I reckon if Man City had beaten Man Utd in the cup and we'd have got into europe and not Man Utd this wouldn't have been brought up. Call me cynical like 🙄

That was my first thought when I saw this news.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

What I don't understand is how moving the PLs rules further away from UEFAs is actually going to work?

So the PL bump the £105m limit to £135m but UEFA keep theirs the same so if you're hoping to regularly qualify for Europe will you actually be able to spend that extra money or will UEFA just say "Nope, sorry" and kick you out of whatever competition you've qualified for?

This is what I don't get. UEFA does an almost identical calculation but with a stricter limit. The first (or first few) penalty from UEFA may be a fine, but I don't understand why the PL clubs want to push on this and make things so complicated. With different accounting years there may be a way to thread the needle, but as some analyst or lawyer pointed out recently the amount of overhead on club's accounting departments is becoming crazy.

This is all such a farce.

39 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Spot on rising ticket prices to boot as clubs struggle to create extra revenue, let’s let the little man pay to keep the current 6 in their place under the guise where protecting clubs from going bust.

Its rotten unfortunately where not the club to bring it down due to disdain/fear of our owners, it needs a club like Leicester with enough wealth behind them to launch a challenge and gain some support from across football for the right to be able to invest if you have the means.

Let's have the 14 clubs outside the top 6 form a breakaway league and invite the top 6 from the championship to join.  The current top 6 can piss off as we all refuse to recognise them in football compos!!!

Surely if the clubs took UEFA/PL to court these rules would get thrown out? Football is a business like any other and these rules are blatantly bias to the already established clubs, they are also totally anti-competitive.  It is ridiculous when a club like Man U who are hundreds of millions in debt are allowed to spent more than Newcastle who are totally debt free. It is farcical. 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

In American sports where there are salary caps, etc are figures linked to income, or can the smallest team spend the same in theory as the biggest?

I think it’s league wide if I’m not wrong.