Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

The problem is that clubs' accounts are (often) public record, but the PSR calculations submitted to the PL aren't.

It opens the League up to claims of cronyism when they tell us teams are compliant with PSR and their evidence is essentially "Trust me bro". 

4 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Absolutely no chance anything happens.

At the next shareholders meeting other clubs, us, city and villa should be seeking explanations why these twats get exemption after exemption. Fucking joke

As the great author Mr G. Orwell once wrote about PSR:

“All Premier League clubs are equal, but some Premier League clubs are more equal than others”

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just fully expect nothing to happen and preferential treatment, even redrafting of rules to allow for it at this point. Football has normalised and legalised corruption in plain sight that would have looked an absolute elite insulating stich up even a decade ago and its now greeted like a virtue in many quarters. That's it good to have the same teams at the top indefinitely all of a sudden.

Having ambition and the funds to pay for it when it comes from outside the elite is now seen being seen and absorbed as 'cheating' and something akin to a regimen of doping or multiple charges of match fixing.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

They are in USD680m worth of debt before they build a new stadium and training ground, they better pray for low interest rates. 

No need to worry about interest rates when the taxpayer is footing the bill for the new stadium 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

That isn’t going to happen. 

But it’s essential to the survival of humanity that Manchester United gets a world class state of the art Wembley of the North stadium funded by the taxpayer

And Brexit Jim and Seb Coe have sucked off loads of politicians. They don’t guzzle MP spunk for free

8 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Just fully expect nothing to happen and preferential treatment, even redrafting of rules to allow for it at this point. Football has normalised and legalised corruption in plain sight that would have looked an absolute elite insulating stich up even a decade ago and its now greeted like a virtue in many quarters. That's it good to have the same teams at the top indefinitely all of a sudden.

Having ambition and the funds to pay for it when it comes from outside the elite is now seen being seen and absorbed as 'cheating' and something akin to a regimen of doping or multiple charges of match fixing.

All it takes to prevent any redraft of the rules is seven clubs, us, city, EFC, NFFC, Villa and LCFC, thats six and I’m sure that group of clubs are capable of lobbying one or two others. It is possible, they tried at the AGM to change the rules re CFC and the sale of hotels to themselves and it was voted down.

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

But it’s essential to the survival of humanity that Manchester United gets a world class state of the art Wembley of the North stadium funded by the taxpayer

And Brexit Jim and Seb Coe have sucked off loads of politicians. They don’t guzzle MP spunk for free

I wouldn’t expend too much energy on things which aren’t going to happen if I were you. 

They might get some money for the surrounding area but for the stadium no chance. 

4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I hope City’s lawyers leave the PL’s back flap in fucking tatters!

Think pretty bad if City Win tbh. 

This is historical cheating and fraud.  Not related party transactions etc that would benefit us now.

12 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but I really think that those who run the PL believe they are looking after national interests by protecting the cartel clubs from penalties. They see them as national assets which sell the PL across the globe - and I suppose they might have a point. It's not that surprising that they bend over backwards to try to accomodate them as much as they can. Financial Fair Play is a bit of a piss take description of what this process is really about.

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but I really think that those who run the PL believe they are looking after national interests by protecting the cartel clubs from penalties. They see them as national assets which sell the PL across the globe - and I suppose they might have a point. It's not that surprising that they bend over backwards to try to accomodate them as much as they can. Financial Fair Play is a bit of a piss take description of what this process is really about.

Is City a cartel club?

They are literally taking them to court. How is that protecting them?

What evidence is there they are "bending over backwards" to protect them?

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Is City a cartel club?

They are literally taking them to court. How is that protecting them?

What evidence is there they are "bending over backwards" to protect them?

City aren't a cartel club. They are perceived as gatecrashers IMO, the football royalty is Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal. To a lesser extent Spurs and Chelsea.