Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Our owners have played a blinder here. Sucked it up and waited until the PL trod on its own land mine.

Now the damage to “small clubs” is seen by everyone as unfair and that EPLFFP’s  sole aim is really to keep the status quo for the PL six

Think we placed the mine under their feet tbh. 

Think we've also prepared forest & liecester via ndm on how to fight back. War on the PL via proxy. 

32 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Worth pointing out that changing the PL rules doesnt mean we can go wild, UEFA will still ban us for failing their rules

Nope, that's not worth pointing out. La la la I can't hear you :p

37 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Worth pointing out that changing the PL rules doesnt mean we can go wild, UEFA will still ban us for failing their rules

Yes, worth considering. However I’d go 3 years without European football if it meant we could build a team ready to compete for the long haul.

Let's not count our chickens but, I think if true the rules were snookered anyway in two ways.

First, everyone can see the ridiculous consequences of PSR on certain clubs, that it's going to mean years of appeals and legal challenges and which they must also suspect they might lose.

Secondly, there's us. If forced to sell some of our better players this year, we'd only use the money to reinvest and keep coming back stronger. If six clubs were really trying to hold us back, perhaps the penny has dropped with enough of them that it's only a matter of time and they're going to have to accept financial reality and deal with it, so might as well bite the bullet now.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Is it worth getting exciting over this or what

Depends on what you want I reckon. If you want us to 'go Man City 2008' and this goes ahead then it's worth getting excited, if you don't want that to happen for whatever reason then it's bad news if it goes ahead. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Depends on what you want I reckon. If you want us to 'go Man City 2008' and this goes ahead then it's worth getting excited, if you don't want that to happen for whatever reason then it's bad news if it goes ahead. 

I just want Bruno and Isak to not have to play with Paul bastard dummett and want to spend the next few years here

So Aye sounds decent to me

13 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Let's not count our chickens but, I think if true the rules were snookered anyway in two ways.

First, everyone can see the ridiculous consequences of PSR on certain clubs, that it's going to mean years of appeals and legal challenges and which they must also suspect they might lose.

Secondly, there's us. If forced to sell some of our better players this year, we'd only use the money to reinvest and keep coming back stronger. If six clubs were really trying to hold us back, perhaps the penny has dropped with enough of them that it's only a matter of time and they're going to have to accept financial reality and deal with it, so might as well bite the bullet now.

Abacus telling us not to count, ffs.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I want us to be able to keep the talent we took a risk on and brought here, and to strengthen the places we've needed to and then compete with the might of clubs with the income of Man U, or the attractiveness of London, and to stop the talent farming/ having to sell home grown players that the rules have caused to happen.

Liverpool and Leicester to a lesser extent have both shown that it doesn't make the league a foregone conclusion with the right combinations of scouting and management.

Longer term, yes it's not the right answer either. But then the ambitions of the Man City (and our) owners can change, as can everything. For instance, IF there was such dominance, I don't think global interest in the league would carry on growing as it has, and that itself could be a factor in what some owners want from it.

In the meantime, I'd await the crying of certain owners who you could argue have treated the league as a cash point to be monetised and protected with a certain amount of glee as well.

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

I want us to be able to keep the talent we took a risk on and brought here, and to strengthen the places we've needed to and then compete with the might of clubs with the income of Man U, or the attractiveness of London, and to stop the talent farming/ having to sell home grown players that the rules have caused to happen.

Liverpool and Leicester to a lesser extent have both shown that it doesn't make the league a foregone conclusion with the right combinations of scouting and management.

Longer term, yes it's not the right answer either. But then the ambitions of the Man City (and our) owners can change, as can everything. For instance, IF there was such dominance, I don't think global interest in the league would carry on growing as it has, and that itself could be a factor in what some owners want from it.

In the meantime, I'd await the crying of certain owners who you could argue have treated the league as a cash point to be monetised and protected with a certain amount of glee as well.

IMG_4778.gif.d6dd571642ee5ce3bab2938da989b1f9.gif