Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s pretty disgusting when Everton, Forest & Leicester will be deducted points. 

Depends when this goes through. I suspect they could appeal. If it happens after they are relegated/miss out on promotion based on points deduction I expect it will get messy in the courts and the clubs would likely win more money back than a fine lol. Also sucks as it is what it is at that point.

All pts reinstated and no further decisions or challenges, Chelsea and citeh off the hook. Leicester not taking them to court. PL cash rich again. Gov pressure goes away. EFL deal flies through.

Easy win for the PL when you look at it.

While it sounds like it's good news for us, it does make a mockery of the fake morality which was the driving force behind PSR. As soon as the cartel clubs started kicking up a stink that their growth could be affected, the PL backed down double quick. Not surprising since it's the Premier League's worldwide popularity which pays their wages.

It's always been about money at the end of the day, so hopefully this will be the end of the holier than thou attitude and the PL officials will take their bungs and fuck off.

57 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I want us to go full Man City 2008, couldn’t care less.

I do as well. Once we've caught up with the world dominance that Chelsea and Man City achieved by spending their way to glory, then we can talk about restrictions. Otherwise it will never be a level playing field.

Dream come true really for us if "Luxury Tax" becomes reality. Would be a real shame if it happened after the summer transfer window when we could potentially lose Bruno though .

Make the rule that the Luxury Tax goes into the lower levels of the pyramid. There we go, we're not buying success, we're propping up the clubs less fortunate than us. Proper saintly really.

12 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Luxury tax protects Citys 115 charges, but unleashes Newcastle!

I doubt it would protect City. If the rules come in they’ll not be able to cover historical breaches. They will be held to rules at that time.

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Make the rule that the Luxury Tax goes into the lower levels of the pyramid. There we go, we're not buying success, we're propping up the clubs less fortunate than us. Proper saintly really.

Added bonus of the mackems accepting FILTHY SAUDI MONEY.

29 minutes ago, jack j said:

In theory I agree

But if we did ever win anything or get to the point of winning thing regularly we will be told off every other set of fans that we'd bought it with oil money anyway

Probably, but the difference (and most important thing imo) would be whether you believed the same thing or not.

The last transfer window would’ve really put the shits up them.

TV companies paying big money for no news for a month, NFL expanding further into Europe!!

This was always going to happen.

I just hope we do this properly.

53 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yep. It'll fall under the new rules.

They've been charged under the old rules, so surely the old sanctions would apply?

Edit: not that I'd be remotely surprised if they didn't.

Edited by The Prophet

39 minutes ago, Sima said:

I just don't want to have to sell Bruno, Isak or Gordon.

It would be nice to be in a position to offer them cartel club wages if nothing else. One less reason for them to move.