Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just now, The Prophet said:

How it stacks up the Forest deduction is very unclear. It's almost like they just make it up on the hoof.

Different independent panels different outcomes

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

We'd get a bigger deduction though if we were 100s of millions over the limit

Bigger deduction as in they’d just relegate us (probably rightly so tbh).

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Different independent panels different outcomes

Pretty much, but when you don't know what procedures those panels are following, it's not great.

Seems ridiculous Everton have had their points altered 3 times in one season [emoji38] 

Forest's deduction whenever that is decided is going to put them in the relegation zone with only a few games left too. It's all just a mess. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

Seems ridiculous Everton have had their points altered 3 times in one season [emoji38] 

Forest's deduction whenever that is decided is going to put them in the relegation zone with only a few games left too. It's all just a mess. 

Are Forest facing a further deduction?

So we’ve had 3 different punishments handed out for overspending this season. First was ten points reduced to six, second four points and finally two points. What is all this based on or is it make it up as you go along? How could Everton get ten initially for the first charge and only two points now?

Apparently it was 5 points deducted that was mitigated down to 2 points based on already penalised ([emoji38]), Russia invading Ukraine ([emoji38]) and the fact the club admitted the breach at the first opportunity (?)

Somewhat ridiculous 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Are Forest facing a further deduction?

Nah I'm just an idiot and forgot Forest already had theirs :lol:

What I don't understand is how the punishments for two different time periods are taking place in the same season 

Maybe I'm looking at too simplistically but to me it should be like this

19/20 - 21/22 - any breaches punished in 22/23 season 

20/21 - 22/23 - any breaches punished in 23/24 season 

And so on

Having 2 lots of punishments in one season relating to two different time periods doesn't make sense to me

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

So we’ve had 3 different punishments handed out for overspending this season. First was ten points reduced to six, second four points and finally two points. What is all this based on or is it make it up as you go along? How could Everton get ten initially for the first charge and only two points now?

While I completely agree with your point (they're just making it up as they go along), I think there's a lot of overlap between the two cases and they were keen not to punish them twice for the same financials.

They can change the points deducted but that should be for next season and when the season begins, the penalty must be done and dusted. No further changes.

Premier league is like the UK. 

Ran by liars, cheats and gangsters for the benefit of the rich at the expense of ordinary people. Factor in the influence of billionaire Americans, Russian and Arabs and the similarity is almost stark

8 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Two different charges and one appeal to be fair. It was Everton’s fault they kicked the can down the road with the first one for two seasons. The fact the reduced points (after appeal of 1st charge) of 6 points would’ve relegated them either of those two seasons highlights why they’ve picked this season to accept their punishment.

I'd love to see what Man City finally get. If the majority of the charges are proved it should be relegation to the Championship at the least, but of course we know that won't happen.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

I'd love to see what Man City finally get. If the majority of the charges are proved it should be relegation to the Championship at the least, but of course we know that won't happen.

City’s lawyers will run rings around the PL, then of course there’s City’s nuclear option, challenge FFP, PSR and FMV or whatever the fuck they call it this week.

Two points just seems so pathetic. If the rules are that important and breaking them is such a fundamental advantage then is the difference between one win and a draw across an entire 38-game season really that much of a punishment? We've seen dodgy VAR decisions produce point swings of 2+ on multiple occasions.

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Two points just seems so pathetic. If the rules are that important and breaking them is such a fundamental advantage then is the difference between one win and a draw across an entire 38-game season really that much of a punishment? We've seen dodgy VAR decisions produce point swings of 2+ on multiple occasions.

Presumably too scared of being took to court and potentially having all manner of issues not knowing who plays in which league til god knows when so give some nominal shit deduction and hope all parties fuck off and accept it.

10 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Eight points in total is significant though, given there's significant overlap in the two financial periods.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Eight points in total is significant though, given there's significant overlap in the two financial periods.

It is but consider that Everton are unique in that the PL has only decided this season that punishments will be handed out straight away. If these rules had been in place last season, that initial 6pt deduction would have seen them relegated.

47 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

What I don't understand is how the punishments for two different time periods are taking place in the same season 

Maybe I'm looking at too simplistically but to me it should be like this

19/20 - 21/22 - any breaches punished in 22/23 season 

20/21 - 22/23 - any breaches punished in 23/24 season 

And so on

Having 2 lots of punishments in one season relating to two different time periods doesn't make sense to me

This seems logical to me. I’m fuming if I’m a Leicester fan and having gone down to see one of those points deduction coming into play this season