Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

well then get the PL to look at FFP ffs.

i dont think the FA can ban clubs from arranging friendlies anyway.

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

Is everyone in English football just power mad ? 

So it’s ok for Liverpool to go to the states and Singapore, but we’re not allowed.

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fuck them……….another blatant attempt to strangle revenue streams. I hope this ban includes the annual PL competition in the US or Asia……..I suspect not. Why the fuck do governing bodies get involved in clubs commercial activities?

Just now, Scoot said:

Are we allowed to do anything without it being banned?

We’re allowed to be relegated without it being banned, frankly it’s encouraged 

All this effort and sabotage of the game just to avoid five clubs being knocked one place down the pecking order is fucking absurd.

20 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

So it’s ok for Liverpool to go to the states and Singapore, but we’re not allowed.

I think some club needs to start pushing back here 

No England "glamour friendlies"  should be allowed either then, since its so heinous.

Edited by Jonas

PL & FA - FFP/PSR.. “you must live within your means or be fined or docked points”

Club: “ok we’ll play by your rules and aim to compete by increasing our revenue”

PL & FA “No you won’t be doing that”

Sound about right?

Fuck this shit.. I’m all for Saudi to start acting the git

24 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

PL & FA - FFP/PSR.. “you must live within your means or be fined or docked points”

Club: “ok we’ll play by your rules and aim to compete by increasing our revenue”

PL & FA “No you won’t be doing that”

Sound about right?

Fuck this shit.. I’m all for Saudi to start acting the git

It’s actually incredibly laughable how far they are willing to go to block us from even getting on an even keel with the established power houses of the sport. At this point I’d sort of understand the club’s backers if they threatened to revive the ESL and just told the FA and PL to do one.

In fairness, Eddie Howe didn't seem all that happy about those particular games in Australia either.

Not that I think a ban like this is a good idea or fair to all clubs.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pfa-newcastle-tottenham-australia-friendly-32432078

The above is an article from March, it says the PFA raised concerns.

The times article only says the FA are looking at changing the rules - surely that rule change could not effect the game V Spurs - people have no doubt already bought tickets/booked flights (Adam P for one).

The game was surely within the rules when it was arranged?

It is more likely to be something they bring in for next season?

Am I right in thinking if clubs try and unsettle our players (for argument sake Isak) forcing us to offer them a bigger contract probably 6-12months earlier than planned and also having a knock on effect in the dressing room so certain contracts adjusted also… This would all go against us being able to compete and buy players to encourage our better players to stay so either way the so called “bigger” teams win in the end by just upping and upping their wage bill and enticing players from competing clubs on to theirs?

Here is another thing that pisses me off about PSR rules. As fans we suffered for years under Ashley's penny pinching regime. The only "benefit" of this was that the accounts were in decent order for the new owners to be able to initially spend when they came in.  Now they can't do that any more. But Chelsea were heavily in debt to their owner because of heavy spending on their squad and they would have been heading for trouble under the current rules, but as they were bought they got a free pass to wipe all this debt out. The rationale behind this has never been clear to me, but it has clearly allowed Chelsea, who were already had a stronger squad to build upon, to vastly out spend Newcastle and give themselves a big advantage with no PSR punishment. Yet.

6 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Here is another thing that pisses me off about PSR rules. As fans we suffered for years under Ashley's penny pinching regime. The only "benefit" of this was that the accounts were in decent order for the new owners to be able to initially spend when they came in.  Now they can't do that any more. But Chelsea were heavily in debt to their owner because of heavy spending on their squad and they would have been heading for trouble under the current rules, but as they were bought they got a free pass to wipe all this debt out. The rationale behind this has never been clear to me, but it has clearly allowed Chelsea, who were already had a stronger squad to build upon, to vastly out spend Newcastle and give themselves a big advantage with no PSR punishment. Yet.

This is true and completely ridiculous. Chelsea have literally had sugar daddy blow-everyone-out-of-the-water owners not once but twice in a lifetime. Jammiest club going.

At least Abrahamovic has gone who was actually a sane serious successful owner with a plan - like the Man City guys. 

Fuck them. Do it, earn the money and see the in court. 

We need to stop playing by the rules. Let's break this laughable cartel wide open.