Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

14 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Would've been hilarious if this was started last season. All the big clubs expecting the "bottom" club to be Burnley or Sheffield Utd and it ends up being far far worse and it's Luton instead. 

Isn't it tied to TV money which is fairly stable irrespective of which club finished last?

3 minutes ago, Slater582 said:

Isn't it tied to TV money which is fairly stable irrespective of which club finished last?

Mostly, yeah, but I think there are two elements to it - finishing position plus more for appearances in live tv matches.

However, I may have imagined that, and I am too lazy to google it so may be absolutely wrong here.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

777 in the mud, again.

How many red flags do the PL need to see before calling it quits on that takeover?

Absolutely bonkers, how the PL is still dealing with these complete charlatans makes a mockery of D&O and PSR:

Right at the beginning of our investigation, one former employee of 777 Partners told us the company “operates by constantly making new investments” and that “everything is cross-collateralised”. Another described the firm’s operations as “a giant shell-game” where money is shunted around the various companies in the group. But the shells appear to have stopped moving. Former lenders are now calling in debts, new money is not coming in, and new investments are not being made. Without the Everton deal to attract new capital, it may well be 777 Partners and not the debt-ridden Premier League club (*), which ends up needing life support.

Absolutely shocking state of affairs. PL regulatory authorities have it all wrong, punishing all the wrong people seemingly and waving through all the dickheads. Why did it take years for us to get a green light and yet a pyramid scheme company have been given the keys to Everton while their walls are falling down? Fucking absurd 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Absolutely shocking state of affairs. PL regulatory authorities have it all wrong, punishing all the wrong people seemingly and waving through all the dickheads. Why did it take years for us to get a green light and yet a pyramid scheme company have been given the keys to Everton while their walls are falling down? Fucking absurd 

I think they are just desperate to not see Everton fold but yeah it stinks. 

Complete charlatan? Surprised welcome mat hasn't been rolled out for them, you'll fit right in...

Problem with all the money in football is it doesn't half attract these people like flies to manure

15 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. Lots of financial charts in this thread. 

Waiting for the news articles stating that Villa has to sell their star players to comply with FFP. Or maybe that narrative is just for us..

Edited by Erikse

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Waiting for the news articles stating that Villa has to sell their star players to comply with FFP. Or maybe that narrative is just for us..

there have already been the same stories about us. It is in fact only you and us that attract these “have to sell “ stories. 

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

there have already been the same stories about us. It is in fact only you and us that attract these “have to sell “ stories. 

Yes, read one or two myself.

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

Haven't seen that, maybe I should've checked it more thoroughly first before making the comment. Surprised to see Tottenham also having this amount of losses.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Haven't seen that, maybe I should've checked it more thoroughly first before making the comment. Surprised to see Tottenham also having this amount of losses.

Yeah, there were actually reports that they had to sell before the end of June or they'd be in PSR trouble and were looking to sell Jacob Ramsey. I can only presume that is a nonsense though.

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Villa are in a worse situation than we are IMO, though the CL revenue next season will be a big lifeline.

This whole anchoring doesn’t make any sense to me as to why clubs have gone for it other than stopping City, Man Utd, Chelsea spending loads of money. It still allows them to spend much more than any other club. There must be more to it that we are missing. 

"investors want guarantees" Says it all. 

Its not a sport anymore if there is no risk, if your stupid insurance company pay 20 mil a season on a shirt sponsorship and that team fails to qualify for the champions league, its tough tits, that's capitalism !

Unrelated to the topic at hand but I think it's absolutely glorious that Newcastle & Villa have upset the apple cart and broke into the Top 4 back-to-back to upset the precious Sky 6.

Thankfully, it seems a lot more fans of other clubs have had their eyes open as to how the whole thing is completely and utterly anti-competitive and designed to keep the good teams good.

Long may it continue. I see no reason why Newcastle & Villa can't continue to challenge the likes of Man United, Chelsea & Spurs in the short term, despite restrictions. Obviously Villa being very good makes it more difficult for us, but ultimately it makes the league a better place with Newcastle & Villa challenging at the top end. It wasn't too long ago we were both in the Championship together.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in Daniel Levy's office over the past 18 months.

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The big punishments only seem to come when one of them have a poor domestic season and they drop into a lower competition. Haven't Juve and Milan been banned from the Europa Conference and Europa League in recent years?

Conveniently never the Champions League.

Juve were banned when they were set to finish in a CL spot, they however got a domestic points deduction which meant they fell into a Europa Conference League spot and unsurprisingly they happily accepted their punishment of being banned from Europe for a year

It's almost like the football bubble might be able to finally burst. Premier League be praying for life on Mars to sell TV Deals to. 

Edited by OCK

Why replace the shitty ffp with something like this. Same shit but in a different way. It’s not gonna help clubs to get their revenues up. At least it would keep clubs like Man U/C in a leash so that they don’t rush even further ahead. The “lesser” clubs will remain in the same position as before. Protect the cartel, still…. Marginally better at best?