Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Just now, Maineblue said:

Er no we’re not that’s why we’re fighting the charges.

Bro, stop it. :lol:

the third party payments were proven by Uefa (you got off on a fine bar, a technicality). 

as for the shell company sponsors, that’s also known and been proven. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think FFP is a protection racket and any club outside the those old big clubs were absolutely mugs for voting for it. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

the third party payments were proven by Uefa (you got off on a fine bar, a technicality). 

Don’t get me wrong, I think FFP is a protection racket and any club outside the those old big clubs were absolutely mugs for voting for it. 

Shell company sponsors? You’ve lost me on that one, as for UEFA we took that to CAS and an independent panel found us innocent of all charges after scrutinising our accounts, this is just a witch hunt by the rags n dippers orchestrated by Richard Masters, when our Chairman Chairman Khaldoun says we’ve done nothing wrong - I 100% believe him.

Maybe now FFP is biting people on the arse the Other 14 may want to reconsider and see it was set up to protect the established clubs. Being selfish this could turn out to be a positive thing for us in the long run, maybe less inclination to support the Big Six with their attempts to bring in restrictive rules.

11 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Shell company sponsors? You’ve lost me on that one, as for UEFA we took that to CAS and an independent panel found us innocent of all charges after scrutinising our accounts, this is just a witch hunt by the rags n dippers orchestrated by Richard Masters, when our Chairman Chairman Khaldoun says we’ve done nothing wrong - I 100% believe him.

You might want to read up about what you’ve been up to before taking the word of your owners. I can’t even believe we are debating these points. 

CAS threw out your case because it was time barred, you kicked the can for so long UEFA couldn’t do anything. 

And yes, some of your many sponsors are names on paper with no business operations. 

16 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Sorry mate but you sound delusional 

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You might want to read up about what you’ve been up to before taking the word of your owners. I can’t even believe we are debating these points. 

CAS threw out your case because it was time barred, you kicked the can for so long UEFA couldn’t do anything. 

And yes, some of your many sponsors are names on paper with no business operations. 

Look City we’re banned by UEFA from European competitions for 2 seasons.

City took the case to CAS - Court of arbitration for Sport.

The ban was overturned and a fine of £8m reduced from £26m was imposed.

CAS said - most of the allegations were either not established or time barred.

Uefa were trying to shift the goal posts to say we had failed ffp before ffp existed. 

11 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Well done for this insightful post. 󠀠

Well it does sound delusional to say "we are innocent" when a lot of the evidence isn't available to us.

No doubt there's no danger of you getting done if, as you say, they are trying to do you for FFP breaches before FFP existed. 

However you have to ask if those were the circumstances would it get this far as it seems a bit simple. Looking forward to your full admittance of your crookedness and tainted trophies if found guilty.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm no Everton fan and TBF they broke the rules and need punished, however every team needs to follow the same rules, it's fairly obvious that is not happening.

The league are investigating both city and Chelsea, we can’t judge if the same rules are being applied fairly at this point. 

1 hour ago, SAK said:

Maybe now FFP is biting people on the arse the Other 14 may want to reconsider and see it was set up to protect the established clubs. Being selfish this could turn out to be a positive thing for us in the long run, maybe less inclination to support the Big Six with their attempts to bring in restrictive rules.

Well if FFP can be voted in by PL Clubs surely it can be voted out given its impact on clubs ability to compete? I’d also include FMV in that, a rule that was hastily imposed to restrict our revenue streams and they now want to make this rule even more stringent. 

1 hour ago, Maineblue said:

Look City we’re banned by UEFA from European competitions for 2 seasons.

City took the case to CAS - Court of arbitration for Sport.

The ban was overturned and a fine of £8m reduced from £26m was imposed.

CAS said - most of the allegations were either not established or time barred.

Uefa were trying to shift the goal posts to say we had failed ffp before ffp existed. 

Your a fucking fruit loop man, city have been overinflating sponsorship deals and making shady payments for years, the evidence is out there for everyone to see, city’s own first argument that evidence shouldn’t be used was because that evidence was stolen from city’s own email’s(illegal means), that was thrown out by UEFA, but you kicked the can so far down the road time barring took effect before the UEFA punishment came, that’s why CAS threw it out and reduced the fine. The PL have no Time Bar for Cheating (because that’s what it is) and they will get you, so your salty tears will be hilarious to see. 

Having just read the case against Everton in detail, they can count themselves lucky not to get relegated. The claimed £20m overspend was what was left after a series of spurious accounting devices were applied to a much larger figure.

Basically, it seems that they tried to bend the rules in order to avoid relegation.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: Been knocking around here for 18 years but still not found the Not Worthy of a Thread thread...

It's probably thread worthy tbf.

5 hours ago, Bizza said:

There is: 

Apologies everyone. 18 years knocking around this site (half my lifetime!) and I never ventured into that thread had no idea what it was for 🤭

9 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Definitely worthy of its own thread. This could blow football wide open and I'm loving it

I hope so given that the old big six clubs are trying to bring in even more stringent rules primarily aimed at restricting our growth.

I think we can safely say there will never be any action taken against any of the big 6 clubs. They have been afforded so much protection and support to build the league up to its financial position today the PL would be complicit in their actions. Everton was a warning shot to any other club (us?) who may find themselves financially able to challenge the old guard. 

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Turkeys voting for Xmas 

6 minutes ago, RS said:

I think we can safely say there will never be any action taken against any of the big 6 clubs. They have been afforded so much protection and support to build the league up to its financial position today the PL would be complicit in their actions. Everton was a warning shot to any other club (us?) who may find themselves financially able to challenge the old guard. 

Why do you assume this? If city and Chelsea get found guilty they will also get the Book thrown at them. This is pretty black and white