Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

44 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I CBA anymore. The 14 other clubs need to break away with the rest of the EFL, start again, leave the cartel to play amongst themselves.

14 is enough to change the rules but here we are with those rules. Suggests there’s more than the cartel six who are happy with things as they are (the happy just to be here and pick up the TV money brigade).

Edited by SAK

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

When was the Man City case against the prem over fair market value happening ?

Finished up on Fri I believe. Could take weeks for the verdict tho 

13 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Surely it’s going to get to a point where nothing remotely interesting happens in the transfer markets anymore? Theyre destroying their own product to keep the six cunt clubs happy 

In previous season's if Man U wanted Evertons central defender they just paid up and got him.

1 minute ago, SAK said:

14 is enough to change the rules but here we are with those rules. Suggests there’s more than the cartel six who are happy with things as they are (the happy just to be here and pick ok the TV money brigade).

Bitch cuck clubs like Palace, Fulham and Brighton, flogging their wares and asse(t)s to the Cartel.

The more the PL try to meddle the more open they'll be to challenge i'd imagine.

Surely nigh on impossible to say what fair market value would be for players too unless someone is taking the absolute piss. 

Edited by TheHoob

50 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Named as the first club in the article despite not having done any of the deals. Much of an agenda?

When on TV I quite enjoyed Sam Wallace as always seemed to talk quite a lot of sense with balance. Strange he’s mentioned us though like you say.

Feel like were passed over-reach territory now - preventing clubs that easily afford it from spending, dictating what revenue a club can make, dictating what transfer business a club can do. Outrageous that any one of those things has got through really and the pretence doesn't even apply to the latter two.

How can they do fair market value on transfers, it's very subjective surely like depending on needs/timing a player may be worth more to buying club or selling club may need to take less or a club may hold others to ransom and up to buying club to pay it if rate player/deal is worth it to them.

Just means every single transfer involving any PL club needs to be passed off. Forget related party stuff, these clubs have no connection at any level, completely different owners etc. Who decides the value of the players? Who decides it's £20m? What if one club really wants him and is willing to pay £25m to get him? Are they going to be blocked? 

Whole thing is utter bollocks and looking doomed imo. It's not sustainable as it is, the (technically legal) loopholes and workarounds are getting more and more ridiculous and it'll only get worse. That's without knowing the result of the legal actions that the PL are getting involved in either. We're seeing the fag-end of this whole thing imo

1 minute ago, midds said:

Just means every single transfer involving any PL club needs to be passed off. Forget related party stuff, these clubs have no connection at any level, completely different owners etc. Who decides the value of the players? Who decides it's £20m? What if one club really wants him and is willing to pay £25m to get him? Are they going to be blocked? 

Whole thing is utter bollocks and looking doomed imo. It's not sustainable as it is, the (technically legal) loopholes and workarounds are getting more and more ridiculous and it'll only get worse. That's without knowing the result of the legal actions that the PL are getting involved in either. We're seeing the fag-end of this whole thing imo

Not sure tbh, as someone else said although the rules are absolutely ridiculous, the majority of clubs continue to vote in favour of them

Reading the BBC story on their website, it says one club was concerned with the supposed swap jobs so has raised concerns.

So which one of the skanky lot has raised their concern, i think we can rule out Chelsea as they're being accused as well. I reckon Tottenham or Liverpool for no reason whatsoever.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Reading the BBC website story, it says one club was concerned with the swap jobs so has raised concerns.

So which one of the skanky lot has raised their concern, i think we can rule out Chelsea as they're being accused as well. I reckon Tottenham or Liverpool for no reason whatsoever.

It's always spurs, levy is such a whining cunt

Reading the BBC story on their website, it says one club was concerned with the supposed swap jobs so has raised concerns.

Crystal Palace, it's always Crystal Palace.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Crystal Palace, it's always Crystal Palace.

I suppose it could be a club outside the scummy 6, nah i won't accept that as it veers from clearly biased assumptions [emoji38]

Edited by Bimpy474

Reading the BBC story on their website, it says one club was concerned with the swap jobs so has raised concerns.

Amanda said it was Liverpool and Tottenham that were the most vocal against the takeover! Twunts the lot of them. They can’t stop the behemoth that is Newcastle United coming, try as they may! 

17 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Man U, these deals likely mean Everton don’t have to sell Branthwaite.

Edited by FloydianMag

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

What's with this new discourse I keep seeing on Twitter (like below) that Chelsea are alongside clubs like Villa, Everton and Newcastle and getting punished by the cartel??

Reminds me of this.Q_bhy4.gif

Apparently we're all swapping players to get round the PSR bullshit. I do laugh at the idea that Chelsea are in with us though, considering they're one of the toxic six. 

21 minutes ago, Decky said:

Apparently we're all swapping players to get round the PSR bullshit. I do laugh at the idea that Chelsea are in with us though, considering they're one of the toxic six. 

They are nouveau riche gatecrashers like Man City. They aren't considered football royalty like Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal. I mean obviously they are now considered one of the cartel clubs, but there will still be a sense of unworthiness around them by the supporters of the established cartel.

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

They are nouveau riche gatecrashers like Man City. They aren't considered football royalty like Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal. I mean obviously they are now considered one of the cartel clubs, but there will still be a sense of unworthiness around them by the supporters of the established cartel.

Chelsea rent boys, dirty Russian money etc. Similar tropes levelled at us and City to be fair. 

So now the media are saying we will deliberatly take a points deduction to avoid selling our best players.  That's fine by me.  I've no doubt the likes of Arsenal and City are expecting us to blink and lower the asking price for Bruno and Isak the closer we get to 30th of June!!!

5 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

So now the media are saying we will deliberatly take a points deduction to avoid selling our best players.  That's fine by me.  I've no doubt the likes of Arsenal and City are expecting us to blink and lower the asking price for Bruno and Isak the closer we get to 30th of June!!!

You know the PL will be pushed to give us a higher points penalty for "deliberately doing it". 

Honestly if it's 3 points it's better to break it and bring in two quality players that will get us near 10 times that over the course of the season.

Stupid system. They can't get mad at clubs working around it.