Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

Will we ever score from a corner 

Just now, Sean said:

Watching the goalie clearance again, seriously what the fuck was Burn doing. Awful touch and lack of awareness is one thing, but the reaction of just stopping and giving up, I don't even have words for how bad that was. Should give Trips his weeks wages for bailing him out [emoji38]

Eddie needs to tear him a new one for that. Just giving up is very poor.

Burn has looked really poor for awhile. Offers nothing in attack and looks the weak link defensively aswell. 

Really fearing for the final the way we are playing currently. Adding injuries to this already paper thin and clearly fatigued squad is also going to cost us big.

Just now, alexf said:

Burn has looked really poor for awhile. Offers nothing in attack and looks the weak link defensively aswell. 

Really fearing for the final the way we are playing currently. Adding injuries to this already paper thin and clearly fatigued squad is also going to cost us big.

hopefully Man U just as fatigued as us by the final 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I have to say ASM is incredibly disappointing.

Huge opportunity with Bruno out recently to get back in the team and make an impact, and he has been really poor on the whole.

His passing has been terrible and he seems to be getting shrugged off the ball incredibly easily of late.

He's blowing it big time IMO.

Key pass for our goal.

There were many underperforming. 

Obvious players that looked off it were ones that are shagged and burnt out. Dan Burn needs a rest, Longstaff looked knackered, theres just no depth, and if there is, they just aren't as good as the first team choices. 

3 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Their crowd man. Sounded like 15k pensioners trying to mimic the Everton support. 3 seconds average reaction times at best and no clue about the rules. Ref bought it though

If the CofE is the Tory Party at prayer, then Bournemouth is the Tory party at football.  They’re a fanny’s hair away from tinkling their jewellery in appreciation of a good pass

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

If the CofE is the Tory Party at prayer, then Bournemouth is the Tory party at football.  They’re a fanny’s hair away from tinkling their jewellery in appreciation of a good pass

I present to you and raise you, Fulham.

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Watching the goal-line clearance again, seriously what the fuck was Burn doing. Awful touch and lack of awareness is one thing, but the reaction of just stopping and giving up, I don't even have words for how bad that was. Should give Trips his weeks wages for bailing him out [emoji38]

Looked like he thought play was going to be stopped or something. As you say, he literally just stood there.

Said before the game anything other than a win would be disappointing, while it is disappointing, after the way we played I can't complain too much with a draw, could have easily been a defeat. 

People can blame Maxi, people can have a go at Burn but the fact is nobody really turned up, they need to take that on the chin as a team and use it as motivation to put a performance in next week. 

Still unbeaten. 

One thing that is really pissing me off is the lack of threat we are at set pieces and the fact we look totally vulnerable with set pieces at our end. That shouldn't be happening with the size and physicality of our team. Seems to be even getting worse lately also.

Just now, et tu brute said:

One thing that is really pissing me off is the lack of threat we are at set pieces and the fact we look totally vulnerable with set pieces at our end. That shouldn't be happening with the size and physicality of our team. Seems to be even getting worse lately also.

Got to take Trippier off set pieces. It's absolutely mind numbing at this point, just the exact same thing every time. 

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Did he think Botman was fouled and a free kick should have been given?

Looked like it, but he fucked up first then decided to just stop in the hope of a free kick. Play to the whistle Dan. It's schoolboy stuff.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Did he think Botman was fouled and a free kick should have been given?

No idea, he fucked it up then just stood there with his arms out. That 100% should have been a loss based on that alone. Trippier saved the damn day for sure because we were beaten dead to rights.

The team looked flat, tired, out of ideas and their passing was dogshit. Whatever we had for the first half of the season has gone, whether that's other team's sussing us out and us having no plan b or whether it's the players losing their focus and motivation I don't know. Either way, there's no chance we're beating the Mancs in the final if we keep playing like this, I mean I'd like to think not having Bruno is a factor but we were drifting this way before he got suspended. Maybe it's burnout, that'd be kind of unserstandable, possibly distractions off the field with cameras from Amazon (if that's been going on yet), I'm just fed up with the current lack of intensity and precision which we had before the World Cup.

... and before anyone says "calm down, it's a knee jerk reaction, we're on this many points better than last season, etc, etc", it's great where we are and I appreciate that, I really do, I'm not expecting to win the league and yes, we ARE a position a million times better than we were under Fat Mike et all - but it doesn't change the fact we look f*cked and incapable.

Just now, McDog said:

No idea, he fucked it up then just stood there with his arms out. That 100% should have been a loss based on that alone. Trippier saved the damn day for sure because we were beaten dead to rights.

Made the draw feel like a win that clearance [emoji38] Still unbeaten!