Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (11/02/2023)

Disco

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Nee wonder SJP is full of miserable ungrateful fuckers these days. Least the lads on the pitch have some ducking back bone.

Come on man, we're allowed to say we've been shite when we clearly have been [emoji38] hardly like we're calling for Eddie out or saying we're off to the championship.  We've been miles off the pace. 

Just now, alexf said:

I mean that's probably everything Eddie wants from ASM summed up in that goal.

Work hard off the ball to keep the ball in possession, make a forward run, head up, make incisive pass. 

Sloppy as fuck first half from all and hopefully not a bad injury for Willock. 

Would hope they come out 2nd half with abit more quality and sharpness. 

Yeah. Before that, it felt like he was running, for the sake of running. Just to show he can graft. 

“Look at me. Look at me. I’m sprinting 30 yards after a ball I’m never going to keep in play or close down successfully.” 

Feel like he needs to find the right balance and work in the right areas. Still think he’s been keen to pass it too quickly. When he’s had a chance to do his man. 

Doesn’t help with Burn behind him, mind. Teams have realised he is our weak link in possession. Offers fuck all when we have the ball. Which is to be expected from a 6ft 7” CB playing at left back, I guess. 

The Almiron finish was really good.  That's nice.

Botman, Schar and Joelinton the only players to come out of that half with any credit.  Some rubbish performances and some flat performances.

We need to move away from 4-3-3 when Bruno isn't about.  Gordon in at #10 is the answer.

Just now, David Edgar said:

That Willock injury might have saved us the game.

That's pretty harsh but I would rather see him off the bench late in the game going forward. He hasn't been that good recently.

Just now, David Edgar said:

Souness, "it's not about tactics..."

Yes it is, you fucking dinosaur. 

On this occasion i'm not sure. I think tactically we're ok, we're just off the pace, mainly down to looking like we want it less (we're tired)

Just now, Dokko said:

On this occasion i'm not sure. I think tactically we're ok, we're just off the pace, mainly down to looking like we want it less (we're tired)

Yeah, the players need a kick up the arse but you would hope Howe and the coaching staff also relayed lots of tweaks.

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Yeah, the players need a kick up the arse but you would hope Howe and the coaching staff also relayed lots of tweaks.

You'd hope, though I'm not sold on our reactively. When plan A works it works. B & C need some work imho.