Lewis Miley

Ronson333

I see no reason why we would allow him to go on loan. Doesn’t ever seem to go too well for our young academy products when we send them out on loan. There’s a couple of exceptions.

Keep him around the team , see how many minutes he gets , see how he performs and reassess in January if need be.

37 minutes ago, Mason1892 said:

I see no reason why we would allow him to go on loan. Doesn’t ever seem to go too well for our young academy products when we send them out on loan. There’s a couple of exceptions.

Keep him around the team , see how many minutes he gets , see how he performs and reassess in January if need be.

Unless the loan can guarantee him significant playing time at a club playing the right football then there’s no point - think for his development it’s best to keep him and let him work under the coaches and players 

17 is too young to go on loan to the Football League. Let him train with the first team this year, play in the champions league youth cup and give him the odd appearance in cup games. 

Then loan next year to a progressive championship side. 

15 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

17 is too young to go on loan to the Football League. Let him train with the first team this year, play in the champions league youth cup and give him the odd appearance in cup games. 

I agree with this, it would be better to keep him with the squad this season and then loan him out next year if he doesn’t breakthrough, which would be understandable due to his age.

26 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I agree with this, it would be better to keep him with the squad this season and then loan him out next year if he doesn’t breakthrough, which would be understandable due to his age.

If he’s progressing at this pace then I don’t think we are loaning him at all - just depends on how we recruit I suppose 

Nice to finally have some youth team players break through - him and Elliott look really talented 

56 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Feyenoord have impressed me as a loan destination, not sure whether we can send two players there but would be my preferred option for the second half of the season

Just now, James said:

Feyenoord have impressed me as a loan destination, not sure whether we can send two players there but would be my preferred option for the second half of the season

Bit of a stretch for a 17 year old kid to go to a new country to work, learn the language and adapt to living by himself, no?!

Worth remembering he only turned 17 in May as well.

I’d very surprised if there’s many, if any, players of his age in the country playing at the standard he’s currently at.

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Bit of a stretch for a 17 year old kid to go to a new country to work, learn the language and adapt to living by himself, no?!

Agree, don't think he should go anywhere.

So many guaranteed positives to that rather than a loan which may end up the same as Kuol.

Training with our first team, learning from our coaches, youth CL, around the CL/PL squad would keep him well motivated, and so on.

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Worth remembering he only turned 17 in May as well.

I’d very surprised if there’s many, if any, players of his age in the country playing at the standard he’s currently at.

Yeesh. I can’t get over how good he is for his age. 

17 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Being from Holland they'll more than likely speak better English than his current coaches tbf

Impressed by him. If you're not standing out at 17, 18 alongside PL players you've no real chance of making it at the top. He is. Got more faith in him making it at the top level than any of our academy lads from the last decade or so.

Do not want him sent out on loan. He'll get minutes here.