Newcastle United 0-2 Liverpool (18/02/2023)

Disco

Both Shelvey and Wood are good deals 

I don’t think Anderson was to blame for both goals. The first goal was Trippiers fault for not holding the line. The second goal, may be, if you think Salah shouldn’t have any chance to have a touch on the ball. I would put more blame on Trippier again, or Schar for not spotting Gakpos run.

The lads did put in some effort but the form is dipping, obviously. Probably the pressure and fatigue finally caught the players 

Just now, Away Toon said:

I'll be honest, I think Trippier's legs have fallen off and he's become a serious liability and needs replacing very quickly, ideally before the cup final.

:)

I have to say I’m both surprised and unsurprised that somehow Burn is the FB getting most of the criticism here.  Trippier directly at fault for both goals and another shit floated FK led to Pope’s sending off (though Pope is the one ultimately to blame there).  Anderson and Burn being the ones to take the flak is par for the course - not sure why so many are so keen to blame the local lads.  Always been the case at NUFC

While no one is going to predict the Pope red. Seems surprisingly short sighted for how detail Howe is to not think of this type of scenario. Why wouldn't he have put Karius on the bench today. Just incase. How many competitive matches has Karius had in the last year of longer?

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Well in that case, the manager shouldnt get props for doing good things as well, its not a one way street.

We were clearly the better team which means Howe’s tactical approach and preparation were good. Like I said, shit happens. Individual mistakes and bad luck are not really coachable. Another day Nunez can’t control the ball, Gakpo is offside and Pope doesn’t handle and everyone is wondering how we are not leading at the break.

:lol: :lol:

What a way to prep for a final man. After confidence in our attack being slowly depleted, we could always rely on our rock solid defence. Back four absolutely falls apart in first twenty minutes then our absolutely key goalkeeper gets sent off because of another shit breach.  It did feel all a bit a sterile going into this with a good solid team :lol:

Think we've been good apart from being switched off for both goals and Pope's moment of madness. 

If we can get a goal will be a nice confidence boost. Think we deserve one. 

Just now, toontownman said:

While no one is going to predict the Pope red. Seems surprisingly short sighted for how detail Howe is to not think of this type of scenario. Why wouldn't he have put Karius on the bench today. Just incase. How many competitive matches has Karius had in the last year of longer?

Dubs is the better keeper. Pretty simple really.