Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

As I was saying to my pal during my expensive Club Wembley half time pint on Sunday, it must be fucking easy being a Man U fan.

Rock up just before the game, another day out at Wembley, hope we beat whoever it is we're playing. Chances are we will. Play bang average on the day but marginally better than the opposition, bit of quality from the billions spent or the rub of the green, lucky break, refereeing call or deflection we've had go our way consistently since the 90s and Ferguson era. Don't bother chanting unless it's aimed at the opposition fans. Don't make any other noise unless we score. Complain about the Glazers, they're a fucking disgrace, I mean finishing top four basically every season, guaranteed European football and in the quarter finals of at least one of two of the major competitions every single season, it's a bloody outrage that we only had two decades of winning stuff every single season and now it's only every few years! Where's my yellow and green scarf gone? Ah look, we've won, get in! Let's take the piss out of the opposition one last time. Quick round of applause and nip off before they lift the cup, it's only the fucking Carabao, best go get the train or plane to wherever I'm from which almost certainly isn't Manchester. See you in a few months lads to do it all over again. 

In short, you don't get what you deserve in football. So many of these entitled wankers took the whole thing for granted and our lot would have collectively given various limbs for a cup win.

52 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m still firmly in the ‘the Glaziers are cunts and fucking terrible for football, and leveraged buyouts are the work of Satan irrespective of the club’ camp like

Not for them fuckers I'm not, if any set of supporters deserve them cunts it's Man Utd

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m still firmly in the ‘the Glaziers are cunts and fucking terrible for football, and leveraged buyouts are the work of Satan irrespective of the club’ camp like

They're a horrible bunch of parasites make no mistake.

Not sure in this instance it's necessarily terrible for football as with the amounts of money involved these days a well ran man Utd without owners extracting dividends and backed by a properly enforced ffp regime could be uncatchable.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

As I was saying to my pal during my expensive Club Wembley half time pint on Sunday, it must be fucking easy being a Man U fan.

Rock up just before the game, another day out at Wembley, hope we beat whoever it is we're playing. Chances are we will. Play bang average on the day but marginally better than the opposition, bit of quality from the billions spent or the rub of the green, lucky break, refereeing call or deflection we've had go our way consistently since the 90s and Ferguson era. Don't bother chanting unless it's aimed at the opposition fans. Don't make any other noise unless we score. Complain about the Glazers, they're a fucking disgrace, I mean finishing top four basically every season, guaranteed European football and in the quarter finals of at least one of two of the major competitions every single season, it's a bloody outrage that we only had two decades of winning stuff every single season and now it's only every few years! Where's my yellow and green scarf gone? Ah look, we've won, get in! Let's take the piss out of the opposition one last time. Quick round of applause and nip off before they lift the cup, it's only the fucking Carabao, best go get the train or plane to wherever I'm from which almost certainly isn't Manchester. See you in a few months lads to do it all over again. 

In short, you don't get what you deserve in football. So many of these entitled wankers took the whole thing for granted and our lot would have collectively given various limbs for a cup win.

You OK bro

5 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

They're a horrible bunch of parasites make no mistake.

Not sure in this instance it's necessarily terrible for football as with the amounts of money involved these days a well ran man Utd without owners extracting dividends and backed by a properly enforced ffp regime could be uncatchable.

Anyone that wishes those sort of owners on any club has mental issues like and should take a long, hard look at themselves. Well aware we had cunts in our fanbase that enjoyed Ashley sucking the soul out of your club, but I don't think any real football fan took any enjoyment from that. It should be the same with the Glazers. 

I don't think any club is uncatchable anymore though. Eventually every club in England will be owned by foreign billionaires and the league will be a free for all. :lol:

Is there any reason why Man U fans immediately start with the antagonising songs as opposed to support their own team songs?

We got the train from Marylebone to Wembley and the first songs were both Shearer songs, from lads that clearly thought that they’d out number Newcastle fans. That soon stopped as the train got swamped with Newcastle fans but they immediately tried it again once off the train (and soon stopped again). They could quite easily have received a good slap and have had no complaints as they were clearly intent of taking the piss and acting the big lad.

There are a couple of fanbases who could seriously do with some forced humility. One is Everton by being relegated and coming back (like us and Villa had to) and the other is Man United. 

Unfortunately with the latter I don't think it'll ever happen, the collective arrogance of their stereotypical fan hasn't changed one iota during these supposedly dark post-Fergie years. 

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Is there any reason why Man U fans immediately start with the antagonising songs as opposed to support their own team songs?

We got the train from Marylebone to Wembley and the first songs were both Shearer songs, from lads that clearly thought that they’d out number Newcastle fans. That soon stopped as the train got swamped with Newcastle fans but they immediately tried it again once off the train (and soon stopped again). They could quite easily have received a good slap and have had no complaints as they were clearly intent of taking the piss and acting the big lad.

We have songs for Liverpool, Man City, Leeds etc. and they're in full effect when we're playing said teams.

I have genuinely never seen the issue with chanting songs about opposing teams whenver you play them. Do Newcastle fans not have a song about "kicking Mackem's heads in" or something to that effect? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

We had the (?) pleasure of heading down on the train from Manchester on Sunday morning. It was the same all the way down even when they thought no Newcastle fans were in earshot.

Straight up weird behaviour especially as 90% were Shearer related songs & the bulk of them singing it weren’t born when fucked them off.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We have songs for Liverpool, Man City, Leeds etc. and they're in full effect when we're playing said teams.

I have genuinely never seen the issue with chanting songs about opposing teams whenver you play them. Do Newcastle fans not have a song about "kicking Mackem's heads in" or something to that effect? :lol:

We sing Hark now hear the Geordies sing, the Sun’land ran away” when we play them. It’s not the first song we sing and it’s not sang in their faces believing that if anything kicks off that someone else will jump in for them.

There was another group of Man U fans at the end of the carriage who’d actually been beside us in the pub at the station (no colours, quiet) that also started Shearer songs. A group of Newcastle fans literally smiled and cuddled them.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

We sing Hark now hear the Geordies sing, the Sun’land ran away” when we play them. It’s not the first song we sing and it’s not sang in their faces believing that if anything kicks off that someone else will jump in for them.

I think it's a bit naive to think this is why the songs are sung. Man United have one song about Shearer, and another about Soslkjaer where Shearer's name is mentioned once. One isn't antagonistic in the slightest and the worst thing the other says is that Newcastle are a shit football team. :lol: As far as football chants go they're very vanilla. I think if anyone was to "kick off" because of them they have deep lying issues.

They're just football chants man. :lol:

They were quite clearly sung to antagonise and look for a reaction safely thinking they’d have back up. Ain’t my fault you didn’t have better songs to work with. Cheer up Alan Shearer only has one intention surely?

They don't even need to sing about Shearer either, they won everything going without him and didn't even need him, they are just that arrogant and full of entitlement they genuinely can't believe a player would turn them down and it clearly still rattles them to this very day,

Edited by Geogaddi

I’ve got little respect for most Man U fans but I don’t really see the issue with them singing about Shearer. What has NUFC been to them in the last thirty years? Only for a short period did we challenge them and we had a player who chose us over them. That’s literally all they have to go off for three decades really

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

They were quite clearly sung to antagonise and look for a reaction safely thinking they’d have back up. Ain’t my fault you didn’t have better songs to work with. Cheer up Alan Shearer only has one intention surely?

Meant to wind up of course, but they're relatively harmless. Shearer was covering a game of ours last year and the fans sang it to him and he took it in good spirits and he is the one it's aimed at. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Meant to wind up of course, but they're relatively harmless. Shearer was covering a game of ours last year and the fans sang it to him and he took it in good spirits and he is the one it's aimed at. :lol:

For the vast majority yes, but there's also enough that run up to you, getting in your faces, arms outstretched. It's the same every year at Old Trafford and always when it's safety in numbers. One of your fans we were speaking to summed it up "there's cretins in every fan base and they're the ones in ours."

Just now, geordiesteve710 said:

For the vast majority yes, but there's also enough that run up to you, getting in your faces, arms outstretched. It's the same every year at Old Trafford and always when it's safety in numbers. One of your fans we were speaking to summed it up "there's cretins in every fan base and they're the ones in ours."

Oh believe me I am not saying we don't have a huge amount of absolute twats in our fanbase. :lol: I just don't think the Shearer song should be lumped in with people trying to incite a row.

I actually got into a row with a couple of fans of ours the other day because I say the "Joel Glazer is gonna die" chant is pathetic. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Anyone that wishes those sort of owners on any club has mental issues like and should take a long, hard look at themselves. Well aware we had cunts in our fanbase that enjoyed Ashley sucking the soul out of your club, but I don't think any real football fan took any enjoyment from that. It should be the same with the Glazers. 

I don't think any club is uncatchable anymore though. Eventually every club in England will be owned by foreign billionaires and the league will be a free for all. :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it the running of the club that is the issue with the glazers?   They seem to have invested money in the squad.  3 of your players were the same price as our entire squad at the weekend.  I'm not close enough to know so happy to be corrected

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I don't wish owners like the Glazers on any club and if I did it wouldn't be out of spite but more self-interest.

Man Utd with billionaire owners would make the bundesliga look competitive which would be (in the words of the OP) terrible for football as well.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Oh believe me I am not saying we don't have a huge amount of absolute twats in our fanbase. :lol: I just don't think the Shearer song should be lumped in with people trying to incite a row.

I actually got into a row with a couple of fans of ours the other day because I say the "Joel Glazer is gonna die" chant is pathetic. :lol: 

It's factually correct though, we're all gonna die one day :lol:

1 minute ago, geordiesteve710 said:

It's factually correct though, we're all gonna die one day :lol:

The chant says "how we'll kill him I don't know, cut him up from head to toe." It's absolutely shite craic. I proper cringe when I hear it.