Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

I don't even think Man United need state ownership, so these new owners coming in and spending a fortune on players will be no different to what the current owners have done, Man United haven't been miles off winning the league due to lack of spending, its due to the poor recruitment and the players the managers have bought. That isn't down to the Glazers. New owners aren't going to suddenly make them any better on the pitch as its not the lack of speniding thats the issue anyway.

I agree 100%

Also wouldn’t be surprised if the only serious bid is Radcliffe’s and the Qataris have been invented to get Radcliffe to match their offer. Wouldn’t be surprised if Glaziers don’t sell and just do the MA trick of saying they will when the heat is on them. They are making a fortune being able to buy share low and sell them high during the bidding process.

Edited by LFEE

5 hours ago, Froggy said:

When you go on like this it makes me want to be a cunt though. :lol: Have you entertained the idea that maybe you're not overly pleasant to Man United fans and bring it on yourself?

We regularly encounter fans of clubs who have been more successful than yours of late Froggy. Liverpool and Man City who have more recent history to be arrogant about. Yes, some of them are awful too but I don't think there's a more antagonistic and arrogant bunch than yours. We too went to Kilburn on the recommendation of the London mags, who did a fantastic job of providing info BTW. The atmosphere was so hostile that we got back on the tube without stopping for a drink. Two well followed clubs with a history of rivalry so expected some banter but what we experienced Sunday was OTT. Can't tar a whole fan base with the same brush but I feel Man U have a larger percentage of twats among them than most TBH.

4 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

We regularly encounter fans of clubs who have been more successful than yours of late Froggy. Liverpool and Man City who have more recent history to be arrogant about. Yes, some of them are awful too but I don't think there's a more antagonistic and arrogant bunch than yours. We too went to Kilburn on the recommendation of the London mags, who did a fantastic job of providing info BTW. The atmosphere was so hostile that we got back on the tube without stopping for a drink. Two well followed clubs with a history of rivalry so expected some banter but what we experienced Sunday was OTT. Can't tar a whole fan base with the same brush but I feel Man U have a larger percentage of twats among them than most TBH.

Careful. When you go on like this it makes him want to be a cunt

29 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Heard about the Kilburn to be fair. Sounds like a shocking experience. Seemed to attract the coke heads out to ruin people's day. 

From what I have read, the pubs around Kings Cross were as busy as they have ever been according to the landlords. One ran out of beer and another said that they took four times what they would normally take on a weekend. Newcastle fans were well behaved and the weekend went "completely stress free".

Edited by pedro111

There are always radgies, and complete knackers, and radgy knackers (translations available on request…) in all fanbases. Had a couple of good conversations with Man Utd fans, and was really proud of how our lot conducted themselves, particularly in response to the defeat. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

There are always radgies, and complete knackers, and radgy knackers (translations available on request…) in all fanbases. Had a couple of good conversations with Man Utd fans, and was really proud of how our lot conducted themselves, particularly in response to the defeat. 

I was pleasantly surprised by how well our fans behaved given what I see most away games. Worst I've heard of seems to be the daft arguments about sitting vs standing. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Impeccably well behaved I thought. We normally have a little undercurrent of radgies but I didn't see nor hear of any incidents barring those between our own fans within the ground.

There’s nothing inherently worse about ManU fans, but I think that level of success brings out the worst in some people. There are other successful teams but a huge swath of ManU fans have experienced constant success in a way no other current crop have. It’ll happen to Man City too with time and would happen to us too. 

I genuinely don’t envy them at all, it sounds proper shit to me. I do envy teams like Tottenham and Leicester that have tasted success but can appreciate it. Man City at first but decreasingly so as they get spoilt. 

having said all that Chelsea are prob the biggest cunts in general for some reason

Edited by Superior Acuña

6 hours ago, mondonewc said:

Re Man U fans, I went to Kilburn on the advice of London Mags pre match, what a shit show, appreciate their efforts but that was a monumental fuck up. I was on the tube standing between two sets of doors and was surrounded by Man U fans, one of them was dying for bother (obviously the skinny runt of the group), all the other Man U fans were spot on though, to the point one of the them told the prick if he didn't stfu they were gunna knock him out themselves. I ignored the twat and had a bit banter with the rest of them and they were all sound, good craic with the handful who where in the railway as well. Had to go back to Kilburn after the game to meet up with mate and again everyone I bumped in to was spot on.

What actually happened at Kilburn to spark this discussion? Was there bother?

I didn’t see any bother in my time there. All of the genuine Man United fans I encountered were absolutely sound, one absolute prick in the pub we watched it in (The Court on Tottenham Court Road) but that’s it. Got talking to a bloke in Toon on Monday who said some Mancs at the hotel were acting the cunt and offered his mate a fight, his mate ended up hurting the lad quite badly to the point the Police hadn’t let him out yet.

24 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Impeccably well behaved I thought. We normally have a little undercurrent of radgies but I didn't see nor hear of any incidents barring those between our own fans within the ground.

Was some very loud, disgusting and consistent racist abuse coming from a lad near us, rightly got pulled up on it and tried to deny what he'd been shouting, then started hurling abuse at the lads who'd pulled him up on it. Nearly ended in a brawl.

Tickets like gold dust and yet they sadly get into the hands of vermin.

Edited by bobbydazzla

12 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Was some very loud, disgusting and consistent racist abuse coming from a lad near us, rightly got pulled up on it and tried to deny what he'd been shouting, then started hurling abuse at the lads who'd pulled him up on it. Nearly ended in a brawl.

How do these people get by in normal life man?!

13 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

FFS. That's very disappointing.

Bet he was also unironically cheering on ASM, Isak, Joelinton etc. 

32 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

There’s nothing inherently worse about ManU fans, but I think that level of success brings out the worst in some people. There are other successful teams but a huge swath of ManU fans have experienced constant success in a way no other current crop have. It’ll happen to Man City too with time and would happen to us too. 

I genuinely don’t envy them at all, it sounds proper shit to me. I do envy teams like Tottenham and Leicester that have tasted success but can appreciate it. Man City at first but decreasingly so as they get spoilt. 

having said all that Chelsea are prob the biggest cunts in general for some reason

I dunno like. Every club has dickheads amongst their support to some degree, right down the leagues. But Man Utd and Chelsea really seem to attract more than their fair share of daft cunts that turn up for bother in a way that Arsenal, for example, don't.

14 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

FFS. That's very disappointing.

Bet he was also unironically cheering on ASM, Isak, Joelinton etc. 

Didn't seem arsed about supporting us at all, just wanted to shout racist abuse about anyone who wasn't white and was wearing a red shirt, or working for Wembley.

Not sure why a group of 30 pitch-side stewards who weren't even within earshot were deemed to be an acceptable target, but it shows the mentality that we were dealing with.

Edited by bobbydazzla

It's the plastics that are the absoulte cock rings (in my experience). I was getting pelters from two who hadn't even bothered watching the game. Basically just checked their phones, 'Oh we won? time to give it big'. Silent the whole time they were playing like shite mind you.

38 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

What actually happened at Kilburn to spark this discussion? Was there bother?

I didn’t see any bother in my time there. All of the genuine Man United fans I encountered were absolutely sound, one absolute prick in the pub we watched it in (The Court on Tottenham Court Road) but that’s it. Got talking to a bloke in Toon on Monday who said some Mancs at the hotel were acting the cunt and offered his mate a fight, his mate ended up hurting the lad quite badly to the point the Police hadn’t let him out yet.

Thread on it here 

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Didn't seem arsed about supporting us at all, just wanted to shout racist abuse about anyone who wasn't white and was wearing a red shirt, or working for Wembley.

Not sure why a group of 30 pitch-side stewards who aren't even within earshot were deemed to be an acceptable target, but it shows the mentality that we were dealing with.

Ugh. That just sounds grim.

5 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

I am sixty six years old and have been here  there and everywhere.  The worst fans I have come across by a proverbial mile are Man Utd fans.  I am yet to meet a pleasant one.

The London Supporters branch did a great job in build up and during the cup final weekend. Just seems they were a bit naive recommending pubs in Kilburn, when it’s a notorious gathering ground for their hoolies pre Wembley.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Seeing some familiar faces in the fan gallery has cheered me up a bit, this one is just pure, unadulterated @Heron:

image.thumb.png.76d92756c6427a3d12e0882de079fe72.png

More here: https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/galleries/in-pictures-uniteds-fan-tastic-support-at-wembley/.

Channeling his inner total recall [emoji38]:indi:

I love the pure cheese of cup attire like, wearing black and white suits and top hats and stuff, proper old school.

Edited by NE27