Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

4 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

In 47 years I don’t think I’ve ever met a manure fan who wasn’t a cunt about football.

Even my old boss who has a season ticket at OT for decades and is now retired put “great day out at Wembley and Newcastle played their part”.

Cunts, all you.

When you go on like this it makes me want to be a cunt though. :lol: Have you entertained the idea that maybe you're not overly pleasant to Man United fans and bring it on yourself?

40 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Are ManU fans in the process of being completely and utterly duped as well, or is there a realistic prospect of being able to 'let it go' re the owners cos Ten Hag et al are doing such a good job?

You're probably in a better position than me to tell me if we're being duped. :lol: Ten Hag is adored. There's unreletenting faith in him now after just over half a season. He's pretty ruthless and that's something we've needed over the years. You do have the fear though that you're one Glazer move away from the mood in the club sinking again. Another huge reason why fans have been so buoyant is because the club is for sale. That's starting to look like it's off the table again and that'll will have consequences I would imagine.

9 hours ago, Kanji said:

Not sure any sane human being who’s a Newcastle fan can try and criticize the performance outside of the usual match by match annoyances individually. Big picture these times are a achaging and if you can’t be happy and proud of where we are today and where we are going after all we went through over the MA period then you’ve got some serious leveling out to do internally. 

we’ve got our club back, people traveled from all over the world to witness potential history and are all leaving MORE in love with NUFC than before. You had some coming into the city and just being around other Newcastle supporters and others going to London to be amongst the mix and others going to the match. We are a global fan base finally rowing in the same direction. It’s absolutely class and there’s not a single club that has what we have - our bond and connection. This stuff will set us apart when we do eventually lift that trophy. 

Bang on.

Didnt think it could happen, but its true for our family and friends.

27 minutes ago, Froggy said:

When you go on like this it makes me want to be a cunt though. :lol: Have you entertained the idea that maybe you're not overly pleasant to Man United fans and bring it on yourself?

You already have been on here.

No, are you saying I’m responsible for his arrogant post of FB? :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're probably in a better position than me to tell me if we're being duped. :lol: Ten Hag is adored. There's unreletenting faith in him now after just over half a season. He's pretty ruthless and that's something we've needed over the years. You do have the fear though that you're one Glazer move away from the mood in the club sinking again. Another huge reason why fans have been so buoyant is because the club is for sale. That's starting to look like it's off the table again and that'll will have consequences I would imagine.

I might be wrong, but I doubt the Glaziers ever intended to sell.  If the fan base believes there's some small hope of the Glaziers moving out, their mood will lift.  Ashley strung us along with this trick for a long time.

7 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You already have been on here.

No, are you saying I’m responsible for his arrogant post of FB? :lol: 

I'm only ever a cunt in retaliation. Well, maybe 98% of the time. I'm only human.

I've seen plenty of arrogant posts on socials but "Great day out at Wembley, Newcastle played their part" is tamest of the tame. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, CM1961 said:

I might be wrong, but I doubt the Glaziers ever intended to sell.  If the fan base believes there's some small hope of the Glaziers moving out, their mood will lift.  Ashley strung us along with this trick for a long time.

Hopefully that keep it going for a while

10 minutes ago, CM1961 said:

You're probably right, but it's not a trick you can play too often. Their position will become untenable before long. They'll be gutted to finally have to pack up and move on with £6b in the bank.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I have a friend who went to school & college with Ten Hag.  Their career paths diverged but she still kept close contact with him.  She and his closest group of friends tried to talk him out of taking the ManU job, citing the Glaziers and the intrusion of the UK press as issues.  He fiercley guards his private life.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I'm only ever a cunt in retaliation. Well, maybe 98% of the time. I'm only human.

I've seen plenty of arrogant posts on socials but "Great day out at Wembley, Newcastle played their part" is tamest of the tame. :lol: 

Yeah me too.

And that’s the answer of your typical arrogant Manure fan

1 minute ago, CM1961 said:

I have a friend who went to school & college with Ten Hag.  Their career paths diverged but she still kept close contact with him.  She and his closest group of friends tried to talk him out of taking the ManU job, citing the Glaziers and the intrusion of the UK press as issues.  He fiercley guards his private life.

Not surprising to hear that to be honest. He seems like such a genuine lad, but he also seems like a winner. At the same time I'm sure a lot of managers see the Man United job as win/win because if it all goes pear shaped the blame can always be shifted to the ownership.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You're probably right, but it's not a trick you can play too often. Their position will become untenable before long. They'll be gutted to finally have to pack up and move on with £6b in the bank.

I'm not sure how the fan base will make their position untenable.  Chanting Glazier's Out is going to have fuck-all impact.  They are probably laughing about it as they trouser all the money.  Best of luck if you think you can force them out.  Personally, I don't think you've got a hope in hell of making it happen.

The Glazers will be absolutely mental to turn down £4.5Bn in the hope of getting £6Bn. Pretty sure they will agree a deal of £5Bn with the Qataris. At the moment its all part of the negotiation tactics, to make it look like they might stay.

Although it will undoubtedly give them more power it will also be good for us as it fully legitimises our own takeover and puts a lot of the "Sportswashing" spotlight on them and away from us.

There's also no way they will dominate like they did under Ferguson. There is too much competition this time around.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

It's ironic, then, that the better Ten Hag does, the more chance you have of the Glazers staying. A few years of no trophies, the genuine chance of missing CL money, no Super League, realising they'd need to actually invest in the infrastructure to grow, and suddenly they're looking at investment/ selling up.

If they think they can carry on raking in money from a successful team and demanding a ridiculous valuation while they do so, why would they leave? It's one reason why, after being worn down by Ashley's behaviour and his constant false promises, many of us wished ill on our own team.

Us becoming a financial problem to him by sinking down the leagues / having to give away free tickets etc was the only way he'd ever go. And all the while everything at the club was rotting. I'm not going to wish bad luck on Ten Hag himself - he looks to be an excellent manager. But in some ways, that could make him like late Ferguson - propping up a poor regime by over-performing.

Saying all that, personally I reckon the Qataris will just stick an extra billion or two more than the club is financially worth and not think twice about it.

Edited by Abacus

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m still firmly in the ‘the Glaziers are cunts and fucking terrible for football, and leveraged buyouts are the work of Satan irrespective of the club’ camp like

I agree, but since a lot of other clubs fans, including Man U's have been ripping into us about sportswashing, then I think it's better that they keep owners like Glazer who at least are less morally repugnant. There again if they can get a sale to Jim Ratcliffe for a decent fee, then best deal all round.

Re Man U fans, I went to Kilburn on the advice of London Mags pre match, what a shit show, appreciate their efforts but that was a monumental fuck up. I was on the tube standing between two sets of doors and was surrounded by Man U fans, one of them was dying for bother (obviously the skinny runt of the group), all the other Man U fans were spot on though, to the point one of the them told the prick if he didn't stfu they were gunna knock him out themselves. I ignored the twat and had a bit banter with the rest of them and they were all sound, good craic with the handful who where in the railway as well. Had to go back to Kilburn after the game to meet up with mate and again everyone I bumped in to was spot on.

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

The Glazers will be absolutely mental to turn down £4.5Bn in the hope of getting £6Bn. Pretty sure they will agree a deal of £5Bn with the Qataris. At the moment its all part of the negotiation tactics, to make it look like they might stay.

Although it will undoubtedly give them more power it will also be good for us as it fully legitimises our own takeover and puts a lot of the "Sportswashing" spotlight on them and away from us.

There's also no way they will dominate like they did under Ferguson. There is too much competition this time around.

I don't even think Man United need state ownership, so these new owners coming in and spending a fortune on players will be no different to what the current owners have done, Man United haven't been miles off winning the league due to lack of spending, its due to the poor recruitment and the players the managers have bought. That isn't down to the Glazers. New owners aren't going to suddenly make them any better on the pitch as its not the lack of speniding thats the issue anyway.

Edited by Geogaddi

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

I don't even think Man United need state ownership, so these new owners coming in and spending a fortune on players will be no different to what the current owners have done, Man United haven't been miles off winning the league due to lack of spending, its due to the poor recruitment and the players the managers have bought. That isn't down to the Glazers. New owners aren't going to suddenly make them any better on the pitch as its not the lack of speniding thats the issue anyway.

They do need it, but not for player recruitment. It's required to rebuild their stadium and a brand new training complex. If Red Cafe is to be believed they don't have a pot to piss in, in terms of money in the piggy bank for infrastructure. The Glazers have squirreled it all away.

37 minutes ago, Wandy said:

They do need it, but not for player recruitment. It's required to rebuild their stadium and a brand new training complex. If Red Cafe is to be believed they don't have a pot to piss in, in terms of money in the piggy bank for infrastructure. The Glazers have squirreled it all away.

If they'd spent the same money on infrastructure instead of players, the same fans would be moaning about them not investing in the first team. Ploughing money into football clubs is always a gamble, if you get the right manager or players in, fabulous. Even if a nice bloke (presumably) like Jim Ratcliffe buys the club, I doubt he'll have a limitless pot of money he's willing to sink into the club. Qatar is a different matter, but will open up another can of worms.