Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United (26/02/2023)

Disco

Who doesn't hate man ure and its fans? An example, Benidorm 2005. I observed 20 pissed up Notts Forest fans casually singing "Whose that lying on the runway?" outside the Stretford End pub in the old town. They'd obviously pissed them off in the past as well.

Just seen a post on twitter that I found interesting. Says that there was only 1 match ball yesterday and it killed a lot of time waiting for it when it went into the crowd etc? 

Was that right? If so what the fuck was that about? They wanted to clamp down on time wasting and ball in play times etc. 

Edited by Scotty66

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Just seen a post on twitter that I found interesting. Says that there was only 1 match ball yesterday and it killed a lot of time waiting for it when it went into the crowd etc? 

Was that right? If so what the fuck was that about? That about they wanted to clamp down on time wasting and ball in play times etc. 

Been the same in all the league cup games all season. No idea why they have it, probably some EFL rule on multi ball

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Was that right? If so what the fuck was that about? They wanted to clamp down on time wasting and ball in play times etc. 

After a Man U shot went over the bar in the second half their fans held onto it for a good 20 seconds, then threw it out at the corner flag, Karius had to gallop 30 yards to go and get it. Ref indicated he was adding the time on but utter bullshit that there wasn't extra balls ready and waiting.

9 minutes ago, dorty said:

Who doesn't hate man ure and its fans? An example, Benidorm 2005. I observed 20 pissed up Notts Forest fans casually singing "Whose that lying on the runway?" outside the Stretford End pub in the old town. They'd obviously pissed them off in the past as well.

Disgraceful chant to be honest

No way that's absolutely unbelievable [emoji38]

After all the shit Ten Hag was saying too. 

Jesus man I can't believe I didn't realise. 

With that an VAR in some FA cup games but not others in the same round, what the fuck is happening to the game :embarrassed:

just getting back from London.

an absolutely great weekend with my kids and some mates.

almost a shame the actual game got in the way!

dont know what the atmosphere was like in the lower bowls but it was dead in the upper tier.

miserable old wankers not singing, shouting at people to sit down, and quite a few leaving early. 

Just now, huss9 said:

just getting back from London.

an absolutely great weekend with my kids and some mates.

almost a shame the actual game got in the way!

dont know what the atmosphere was like in the lower bowls but it was dead in the upper tier.

miserable old wankers not singing, shouting at people to sit down, and quite a few leaving early. 

I hope the next time we get to a cup final they have an option for those who want to sit quietly to be grouped together. Ideally you want everyone singing, but that stops older fans going. Not sure what the solution is.

Just now, Adam said:

I hope the next time we get to a cup final they have an option for those who want to sit quietly to be grouped together. Ideally you want everyone singing, but that stops older fans going. Not sure what the solution is.

they should join in ffs! most werent even geriatrics ffs. often just middle aged blokes.

and leaving before the final whistle....

16 minutes ago, dorty said:

I'm hearing more and more stories of our lot being abused on the tube and on the journey to the stadium by their wanker fans. Absolute scum, they are just a horrible fucking club. I will piss myself laughing if the Glazers fuck them over.

Don’t know where to post this but, huge, huge well done to those involved in the Trafalgar Sq clean up, warm words.        

Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg from Westminster City Council said: “I want to say a big thank you to the Toon Army for their spotless performance when it came to cleaning up Trafalgar Square.

“It may have been a rubbish result for Newcastle United, but they scored when it came to removing bottles and beer cans and bagging them up. As the councillor responsible for keeping Westminster clean - and a Manchester United fan into the bargain - the tidy Toon Army are welcome to the capital any time.”

Just now, Wandy said:

I'm hearing more and more stories of our lot being abused on the tube and on the journey to the stadium by their wanker fans. Absolute scum, they are just a horrible fucking club. I will piss myself laughing if the Glazers fuck them over.

tbh the ones we met on the tubes and  in the pubs after the game just kept themselves to themselves.... a lot of savvern accents mind.

Just now, Tsunami said:

Don’t know where to post this but, huge, huge well done to those involved in the Trafalgar Sq clean up, warm words.        

Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg from Westminster City Council said: “I want to say a big thank you to the Toon Army for their spotless performance when it came to cleaning up Trafalgar Square.

“It may have been a rubbish result for Newcastle United, but they scored when it came to removing bottles and beer cans and bagging them up. As the councillor responsible for keeping Westminster clean - and a Manchester United fan into the bargain - the tidy Toon Army are welcome to the capital any time.”

mackems will be seething!

12 minutes ago, huss9 said:

they should join in ffs! most werent even geriatrics ffs. often just middle aged blokes.

and leaving before the final whistle....

Well of course, but those fans are still going to go. So probably best if they can sit together. But you'd like them to join in with the singing at least. 

My brother, in his 60s (was at the Fairs Cup final) has said for months that old people should be banned from having season tickets in favour of younger fans who create more of an atmosphere. A bit harsh and probably illegal ;D

On way back to Wembley Park there was a few who appeared from the side before you went up the stairs posturing and chanting you only came to see United. Not sure if they’d even been to the match, but a fair few of them still want a bit action on match days. 

Edited by Whitley mag

18 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

On way back to Wembley Park there was a few who appeared from the side before you went up the stairs posturing and chanting you only came to see United. Not sure if they’d even been to the match, but a fair few of them still want a bit action on match days. 

A fanbase that is a mix of aggressive, phony-hardmen & arrogant, entitled glory hunters. What a combination.

It's not even a Manc thing either as City fans loathe them for the way they go on with their off the field intimidation tactics in the Manchester derby.

The fuckers really think they have found the next Fergie in Ten Hag and are on for another generation of dominance. I pray that Pep sticks around for another 5 years and schools Ten Hag the way he has with Klopp. Think I'd even take seeing Arteta jumping around like a loon in delight if it keeps this lot away from the title.

Just got back and only got settled to reflect on the weekend.

Our fans: An absolute credit to the club. Apart from the odd knacker we behaved ourselves and absolutely took over London. Everywhere I went on the tube, Paddington Hotel, just everywhere, were geordies. All with a smile and story, like long lost family and THAT was what it was about. I won't lie and say I didn't want to win but it was genuinely secondary to the sense of community and camaraderie of fellow fans enjoy this great experience.

Man Utd fans: Long story short, I found myself stuck amongst what seemed like their whole fan base walking up Olympic way to the tube station. One black and white amongst a sea of red with my 10 year old lad. One of their fans tried to start something but thankfully another of their fans actually stepped in and I had great craic with am actual reasonable red who said it was a matter of time for us. Fair play. Also had a couple of them come and shake my hand in a nice way, as if to say unlucky with was canny. Still despise them but only on an official basis.

The match: Was actually proud that we made a real go of it but just played them at the wrong time. They are probably the most in form side in Europe and our form has slipped.

Pleased that YAR was there. He needs to open the chequebook and we need to be ruthless with some of the players we love but aren't up the standard.

One little note I will finish with: I have a connection to the driver of the team bus and apparently the driver, the security guy and the player liason guy were all in floods of tears on their way into the stadium on the bus, because it was the proudest moment of their lives. THAT is what it's about.

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

A fanbase that is a mix of aggressive, phony-hardmen & arrogant, entitled glory hunters. What a combination.

It's not even a Manc thing either as City fans loathe them for the way they go on with their off the field intimidation tactics in the Manchester derby.

The fuckers really think they have found the next Fergie in Ten Hag and are on for another generation of dominance. I pray that Pep sticks around for another 5 years and schools Ten Hag the way he has with Klopp. Think I'd even take seeing Arteta jumping around like a loon in delight if it keeps this lot away from the title.

Absolutely this, not a peep from them for months and as soon as they think they're "back" nothing but goading and arseholery, all Billy big balls and I know a few. 

They think people are hating on them because they're doing well again, we're not, it's the air of entitlement and the smug "banter" that makes them detestable.