Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

19 minutes ago, Heron said:

The Gallowgate middle tier is lifting. Very similar to the East Stand and Leazes tbh. All this notion of the Gallowgate being our now 'loud' stand is shite. We don't have a Kop style stand. 

Interesting as was reading something a while back about Liverpool fans saying the average age of fan in the Kop was knocking on due to season ticket holders of years and how it was impacting atmosphere.

The difference being the Kop despite being all seated still tend to stand for most games you see on tv, I couldn’t imagine our lot bothering themselves to do that even for a massive game.

Might just be my perception these days but we seem to have a very large element of fair weather fans, who just see it as a bit entertainment, rather than a way of life like many of us did in our younger years, put it this way I don’t get the impression many of the current lots weekend is spoilt when we lose.

Edited by Whitley mag

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Interesting as was reading something a while back about Liverpool fans saying the average age of fan in the Kop was knocking on due to season ticket holders of years and how it was impacting atmosphere.

The difference being the Kop despite being all seated still tend to stand for most games you see on tv, I couldn’t imagine our lot bothering themselves to do that even for a massive game.

Might just be my perception these days but we seem to have a very large element of fair weather fans, who just see it as a bit entertainment, rather than a way of life like many of us did in our younger years, put it this way I don’t get the impression many of the current lots weekend is spoilt when we lose.

Our lot will happily stand before the game and at half time, but woe betide anyone who tries to stand once the ref blows his whistle 

Definetly need an area full of younger lads, leazes ideally for me as biggest stand.

Having 4 stands all mixed makes no sense at all.

35 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Spectators not supporters. Too many want to go to be entertained, rather than to support.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

I had 2 seasons in there 20 year ago and wanted to kill the master tactician manager in the seat behind me, so I moved before it got fatal 

:lol:

Not there today but the atmosphere over past few seasons has been mixed when I've went. Sometimes been really good (Villa 4-0 was class last season), sometimes it's just poor. 

Was abysmal in the Gallowgate west corner today like, dear me. Absolutely no one singing or remotely animated. Can't imagine going to the match, being as passive as that and actually enjoying it. Weird as fuck. 

5 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I had 2 seasons in there 20 year ago and wanted to kill the master tactician manager in the seat behind me, so I moved before it got fatal 

He’s probably still sat there, outsmarting Pep Guardiola from the stands

Had a cunt like that behind me in the Leazes upper this afternoon.

”Push out, push out”

”Show for it, show for it”

”ENGAGE! ENGAGE!”

Shut the fuck up, man.

4 hours ago, NEEJ said:

Was abysmal in the Gallowgate west corner today like, dear me. Absolutely no one singing or remotely animated. Can't imagine going to the match, being as passive as that and actually enjoying it. Weird as fuck. 

Was there today. Blokes next to me talking all match about a band. 

Young lads behind me talking about clothes and trainers all game and then left with 10 mins to go. 

shame the lad who was originally sat next to me moved rows and he’d thought he was in K rather than L as at least he wanted to talk about the match. 😂

8 hours ago, Heron said:

Na. Nowt wrong with that. Should always remain in the worst part of the stadium.

I used to agree with this but fuck that get them right in amongst it

Might bring some of the corpses back from the dead if they start getting a bit grief from the away fans

Three lads behind me and the bairn today. One of them had been chewing on a frosty white dog shit all day because everytime he spoke. The whole row thought someone had shit themselves.

At least the Wolves fans were vocal. My lad has given up trying to start a chant off. No one ever joins in any more. Chicken bites at 37min is more important than the lads on the pitch.

Or an overpriced pint of piss water.

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Theres people around me who think its effort to stand up it's embarrassing, absolute fuck all passion.

Needs shaking up big time and force people to move. It's the "my seat brigage" who fuck it up.

The corners in gallowgate west amd leazes east/east stand should be full of young lads not twisty old moany fuckers.

I missed this one today but my heart sank when on the highlights I immediately saw the dickheads holding their phones

Like wearing a baseball cap in a restaurant, we should be the first club to BAN mobile phones during play. Take a photo before the game, maybe after in a victory lap but that's it. 

If your moaning about phone coverage in the ground - FUCK OFF, go home and play on the internet there, if there's an emergency the announcer will tell you. It's a good thing the internet is shite in the ground.

The club need to reshuffle seats. Start moving people around. They need to sell blocks of seats to people who tick the box 'i want to SING!!!' I've went to nearly every match on my own and all I ask for is to sit next to a like minded person who's up for it if the club won't sell me 2 seats together 

Not blaming them for the shite atmosphere but two middle aged blokes brought their freshly poured pints with them at kick off, fully expecting to be able to slurp from their seats 

Must never have been in the stands at football before 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Not directly related to the shite atmosphere but two middle aged blokes brought their freshly poured pints with them at kick off, fully expecting to be able to slurp from their seats 

:lol::lol: :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Not blaming them for the shite atmosphere but two middle aged blokes brought their freshly poured pints with them at kick off, fully expecting to be able to slurp from their seats 

I mean it's been the case for fuckin yonks, how!? [emoji38]

Was sort of hoping our less than glamorous season would've scared a few off but obviously that isn't the case.

Couple of charvas on the stairs in the corner brought about 8 bottles of carling up between them. Thought they were at the new monkey the way they were dancing about. (Only for snapchats though, nee interest in the game or atmosphere)

On the subject of phones. I had my little lass with me in the corner yesterday. She's 7 stood on the seat all game enthralled. Joined in the little singing there was. It's no surprise to see the younger kids more into the atmosphere than teenagers with phones etc.

I thought even the corner was poor for large periods yesterday tbh. There's still plenty of folk in there who are only there because they couldn't be arsed to move elsewhere when it became safe standing 

1 minute ago, TheDimpleboy said:

I thought even the corner was poor for large periods yesterday tbh. There's still plenty of folk in there who are only there because they couldn't be arsed to move elsewhere when it became safe standing 

Was always going to happen. Toon chants tweets has been saying the same thing. Fucking depressing.

https://x.com/toonchants/status/1764060742276309259?s=46&t=vdsN_AHh11-g3YCkSAx-2g

Another request to bin the homophobic Sunderland chant in the corner please. It makes the singers sound like boomer wankers and is embarrassing. Don’t mind the ex-player stuff.