"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

Great episode. I'm really enjoying the boardroom stuff even if some of it is staged it's stuff they we have no idea about. Everything else is fully in the public eye, games, signings, training, but the boardroom conversations are usually locked away so to get a glimpse on what they talk about and how they go about it is interesting. 

Did find it amusing with the part about "Castore need to know the sponsor by next week so they can get production of the shirts in time" .... That went well :lol:

Edited by Scotty66

Also enjoyed the second episode more than the first. It’s been mentioned before we don’t have to like the people running our club, but they seem very likeable and genuine. When the corporate world can often be quite cold and ruthless, that shouldn’t be overlooked. 

Might just my way of seeing things though, but even with the cup final defeat it’s so positive it feels a bit cheesy. Quite like the broader range of emotion you get in other series, but that would probably come at a cost of the team struggling more…

Edited by St. Maximin

Aye that was definitely better than the first one, I enjoyed the first one but I enjoyed this one more. Didnt know about that speech by Burn before the final but loved it. I do love Stavely and Mehrdad, like, despite the parts of them Im not aligned with, even though it was in front of a camera you can see their investment and work. 

I'm so close to the feeling I had when I was 10-12, I can almost taste it again. If it comes back or gets better Im going to actually explode. 

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Aye that was definitely better than the first one, I enjoyed the first one but I enjoyed this one more. Didnt know about that speech by Burn before the final but loved it. I do love Stavely and Mehrdad, like, despite the parts of them Im not aligned with, even though it was in front of a camera you can see their investment and work. 

I'm so close to the feeling I had when I was 10-12, I can almost taste it again. WHEN it comes back & WHEN it gets better Im going to actually explode. 

:indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

4 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

These things are mere bumps in the road. Our track is set, the train’s on the move. At best they slow us a bit. But it looks like the stars are aligning and our destiny awaits. We’ve never been delusional, an inner knowing of our worth. A “diamond in the rough” we’ve always believed. Our time is here. It is written :indi:

<3

For US-based Mags, just in case you're not aware, this is now on US Prime as well, first two episodes are up. Hoying it on now :thup:

Edit - fuck. They're not. They show like they are but when you click on them it says "This video is currently unavailable". False alarm. Sorry

Edited by LionOfGosforth

2 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

For US-based Mags, just in case you're not aware, this is now on US Prime as well, first two episodes are up. Hoying it on now :thup:

Edit - fuck. They're not. They show like they are but when you click on them it says "This video is currently unavailable". False alarm. Sorry

This was a fucking rollercoaster bro

3 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

That the trailer is now up (yesterday nothing was being found at all) should be a good sign. Loved the trailer!

I watched the first episode with the wife on a flight the other day and shes absolutley hooked, been married 21 years and she has no interest but one episode and she wants to know the back story of everyone. Apparently shes wearing my bucket hat tonight when we go out and watch it.

Loved both episodes, obviously. 

I would crawl over broken glass, on my hands and knees, just to stick matchsticks in Amanda's shit. 

Main thing I've taken from it so far is, when Yasir Al-Rumayyan bangs his finger on the table he makes a canny thud. 

Chilling and pisses all over, barrow boy made good, Alan Sugar

Surprised they didn't go even harder on the emotive scenes pre cup final, all the letters from parents, youth coaches, and old teachers, although I suppose there would need to be commentary on how that likely had a negative emotional impact on the day, and that would go against the agitprop we're being fed. Yum.

That banner being held aloft by @LFEEand Co.

"We don't demand a team that wins..."

@wor jackie walking down Barrack Road with the waver on takeover day. The return of the king.

The Big River display, the sense of relief.

Just lush absolutely lush. I don't think you'll be able to top that first 5 months or so of Eddie Howes reign and this last season. Obviously winning cups will, but that expectation bar is so much higher now. The sheer elevation and rapidness of the rise isn't something I've experienced in my lifetime. It speaks volumes as to why Keegan and his era was adored.

Eddie can take us one further though. I am sure of it. He will take us to silverware.

But that banner in particular should be our constant reminder of what supporting the club is about. It's the supporters version of the SBR quote.

Edited by Heron

35 minutes ago, Heron said:

@wor jackie walking down Barrack Road with the waver on takeover day. The return of the king.

Just lush absolutely lush. I don't think you'll be able to top that first 5 months or so of Eddie Howes reign and this last season.

But that banner in particular should be our constant reminder of what supporting the club is about. It's the supporters version of the SBR quote.

Love the footage of the banner and @wor jackie with the flag (nice to have a name for the iconic image) 😍

I've mentioned, a couple of times, what Caulkin said in relation to the takeover and subsequent season & a half. 

A singularly moment in time encapsulated by its innocence but will never be replicated because that very innocence will be gone. In a nutshell

"We only want a club that tries" 😎 Some of Wor lot need to remember that 

Edited by Groundhog63

49 minutes ago, Heron said:

The Big River display, the sense of relief.

Just lush absolutely lush. I don't think you'll be able to top that first 5 months or so of Eddie Howes reign and this last season. Obviously winning cups will, but that expectation bar is so much higher now. The sheer elevation and rapidness of the rise isn't something I've experienced in my lifetime. It speaks volumes as to why Keegan and his era was adored.

Eddie can take us one further though. I am sure of it. He will take us to silverware.

Don’t think there’s a club in the country like NUFC. Stepping foot in the city centre on a match day and it’s just mental. Not saying this to get the age old debate going but this is why we need to be careful what we do re SJP.

The Trafalgar Square scenes and black and white flags being waved at Wembley give me goosebumps. The amount we wanted it compared to them plastic, Manc bastards. 

5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Don’t think there’s a club in the country like NUFC. Stepping foot in the city centre on a match day and it’s just mental. Not saying this to get the age old debate going but this is why we need to be careful what we do re SJP.

The Trafalgar Square scenes and black and white flags being waved at Wembley give me goosebumps. The amount we wanted it compared to them plastic, Manc bastards. 

It was our elevation of the occasion that ultimately was our downfall, but you know what, I wouldn't change that for the world.

We will win cups in time. Soon these occasions will be almost run of the mill (potentially).

We'll get something today. I can sense it.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

It was our elevation of the occasion that ultimately was our downfall, but you know what, I wouldn't change that for the world.

We will win cups in time. Soon these occasions will be almost run of the mill (potentially).

We'll get something today. I can sense it.

As gutted as I was in London, it didn’t feel like a one off, it felt like the first trip of many.

The team we are building isn’t just full of good players but great character, well do the Manc bastards next time we play them on a big stage. 

11 hours ago, greydos said:

Stop being so worried about what everyone else thinks of newcastle fans and just get on with being a fan. I’m 31 years deep as a Newcastle fan, having grown up in cardiff and adopted the club as a youngster. I’m in Bristol now having lived in London. But I love absolutely love my trips to Newcastle, to matches, and would kill to be from the area with local stories to tell. 

When I come up from down south I’ll happily embrace the Black Garter and any other recommendations locals have for me, and all my mates from back in Bristol and London will hear I’ve had a class time with the passionate Geordie fans. We do us, and the rest of the nation can get to funk!

HTL!

I would hardly say i'm worried, i'd just like stereotype of us thinking we're our own nation to die, it's just not true and looks a bit dimwitted.

The rest of your comment, fair enough but had no baring on what I said.

17 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I've fallen out of love with with general matchday fanbase over the Ashley years, but those moments - and the general fervour around cup final day - took me back to being a very young lad watching NUFC videos... gawping at the fans and being so in love that I wished I was from Newcastle, and lied to my friends that I was, just to feel closer to it. I get there was maybe one or two atmosphere issues but from the TV, it was incredible to see, emotional, and evoked a sense of pride I'd rarely felt since 2007.