"We Are Newcastle United" on Amazon Prime

Nobody

They do all this narrative about getting top 4, then finish on the Spurs episode without mentioning they were our key rival at the time for the spot.

The Willock pass is one of the most delicious things I've ever seen in our shirt.

Edited by Superior Acuña

4 hours ago, aussiemag said:

Darren Eales? He seems a bit over the top and disingenuous to me. I also struggle to understand his responsibilities compared to Amanda and Mehrdad? Im probably completely wrong. 

I'm guessing he's really leading the running of the club, organising long-term plans etc. Would've thought Amanda and Mehrad are more signing off things and maybe advocating to PIF. But I don't really know.

47 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

They do all this narrative about getting top 4, then finish on the Spurs episode without mentioning they were our key rival at the time for the spot.

The Willock pass is one of the most delicious things I've ever seen in our shirt.

I want that pass analysed like Hawkeye does with cricket deliveries. Give me the rate of spin on the ball, the degrees of curve on the air, then the deviation off the seam on bouncing on the floor. Show me the trajectory of that pass with no spin travelling straight on, how it’s likely have ended up as a tame back pass to their goalkeeper. 

Some nerd somewhere must be needing suitable subject matter for their Masters or PhD project!!   

18 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

That game against Tottenham, man. What an afternoon that was.

Most surreal moment ot following Newcastle ever I reckon like. Never ever seen owt like it and don't think I will again. Intensity on a whole new level.

17 hours ago, Vedder said:

Really glad to see the focus on Wor Flags and Graham in particular. I used to be on the same row as him in the Strawberry Corner and he is an absolute legend. For all the attention seekers on social media etc, it's great to see the folks who do things for all the right reasons get the spotlight. 

A great episode, Eddie's speech before the Man Utd game was a real highlight! But I still think there could have been more structure to the series as a whole. It just seems to wander off in all directions.

@wor jackie x

6 hours ago, aussiemag said:

Darren Eales? He seems a bit over the top and disingenuous to me. I also struggle to understand his responsibilities compared to Amanda and Mehrdad? Im probably completely wrong. 

They own it, he runs it.

They've got their fingers in so many pies and there's so much involved day-to-day they need someone who is on top of it all at all times and that's Darren Eales.

He's definitely a character but I think that's kind of the point. He was basically the face of Atlanta United (which they talk about in Ep3) and you're not going to do that being a calm, quiet and understated character like Dan Ashworth. 

23 hours ago, Rich said:

Could watch an entire documentary on Graeme, tbh. What a bloke.

@wor jackie

(Apologies G... :lol: )

Graeme will hate me for this but I am going to say it anyways...

Graeme is the beating heart of Wor Flags.

I was proud as punch seeing clips of the lads and lasses last neet. As a group, we receive a lot of positive feedback and it is very much appreciated. I hope you all don't mind but I often send screenshots of the positive feedback and ideas from here because I truly believe it helps fuel the group as much as the donations and wins do.

Graeme and I have been in Gallowgate Flags and Wor Flags from the start. Graeme recruited me as fellow gobshites in the corner from the Ashley days. I think I maybe stood out to him when we played Liverpool some years ago and refused to stop singing at 3/4/5 nil down and when I wouldn't back down to 3 or 4 lads offering me on for doing so. :lol:

It transpired that Graeme used to go on all the same buses etc. as my Dad and others, and like my 'match crowd', his is made up of generations of following Newcastle as the baton gets passed from old to new in that (hopefully) everlasting cycle.

We attended meetings etc. In Gallowgate Flags' inception and as things developed, stuttered and ground almost to a halt our friendship developed as our values aligned and came to the fore and as such Wor Flags was born out of likeminded individuals who wanted to reshape the future or the group. That 'reshape' has led us to where we are today.

The ambition, passion and dedication of the group is epitomised by Graeme (and a few of the other, older lads). Graeme works incredibly long hours and then still comes in to do the flags and often breaks up his work by ordering items and providing feedback to folk in the group etc. Throughout each working day.

He's not alone, there are a multitude of others, varying from other 'more mature' folk such as Chris and Don to parents like Laura and young lads giving up a Friday night session like Ben, Ryan, Joseph, etc. I guess it's almost like a little cult these days :lol:

The group really has become tight knit though and in the face of adversities that a lot of folk don't see, always rallies to do what it needs to. The largest examples being 'that' Keegan display and also the stance it took vs Ashley both as a collective and as individuals.

There is also a belief that we (Wor Flags) support Newcastle United and as such there is often push back from us when requests come in to perhaps showcase ourselves (as we support Newcastle not Wor Flags). Obviously this wasn't one of those instances and people will believe what they want to believe, but our purpose for doing any of the (social) media kinda stuff is to increase interaction and ultimately donations rather than notoriety and to also help fellow lads and lasses do what they love to do, creating content and joy for the masses.

Again, Graeme is the perfect example of this. He'll be super embarrassed by this post and by the Amazon documentary, but his humility and that of his family, are possibly the most important factors of Wor Flags, and as much as this post is perhaps the opposite of the ideology we have, just as our flags display a pride in our city, this post is my tiny display of love for an absolutely great man, a great family and an a fantastic, fantastic group 🖤🩶

Edited by Heron

1 hour ago, Superior Acuña said:

Targett to Willock to Bruno not to shabby! 

11 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

So this one features the Man Utd and Spurs games and a decent amount about Wilson? Be watching this tonight cock in hand I imagine. 

:lol:

Lovely post that Heron.

I know I’ve said it in here before but it absolutely bears repeating - Wor Flags is the best thing about the club.

Nothing else around NUFC provokes the visceral reaction that seeing those displays does. There’s been a couple of occasions I’ve been on the verge of tears five mins before kick off. One too many pints probably played their part there, but every display always knocks me on my arse.

To think this is organised and coordinated by volunteers just boggles the mind and I’m in absolute awe of the ideas and executions. There’s been chatter about fan representation over the last few pages. Those displays say more than any talking head on any documentary.

Thank you @wor jackie, @Heronand the rest.

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

ya, validated with my contacts stateside. Genuinely nice guy and brilliant businessman 

I got 10 mins or so with him before the Philly event, I really enjoyed speaking with him. Obviously a man who speaks corporate and plays that game well, but didn’t come with the normal feeling of vortex of poison and malevolence when you’re near suits. Very amicable and happy to answer all questions, and seemed interested in what I had to say. If it’s an act it’s a convincing one.

Edited by Theregulars

3 minutes ago, christ said:

Lovely post that Heron.

I know I’ve said it in here before but it absolutely bears repeating - Wor Flags is the best thing about the club.

Nothing else around NUFC provokes the visceral reaction that seeing those displays does. There’s been a couple of occasions I’ve been on the verge of tears five mins before kick off. One too many pints probably played their part there, but every display always knocks me on my arse.

To think this is organised and coordinated by volunteers just boggles the mind and I’m in absolute awe of the ideas and executions. There’s been chatter about fan representation over the last few pages. Those displays say more than any talking head on any documentary.

Thank you @wor jackie, @Heronand the rest.

Well said. Spot on. Capturing the heart of the club with flags and showing the world how joyful and passionate a game of football can be. I bet the players get buoyed by this pre match! It’s exciting for us to see what’s there each home game! 
:smitten:

6 hours ago, Big River said:

enjoyed that episode :aww: god we’re class. the people, the city, the club. nothing else comes close.

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, with the hot tubs n that. 

Went to watch the 3rd episode again and we both let out little farts of excitement seeing ep4 on the screen only to have that turn into shart when the cunt wouldn't play. 

Settled for 3 again. 

I can see why some people want to knock it for it's, obvious, editorial staging but it's not Panorama lads. 

Love it. 

Hot tubs n that 🔥

1 hour ago, Heron said:

@wor jackie

(Apologies G... ::lol: )

I was proud as punch seeing clips of the lads and lasses last neet. As a group, we receive a lot of positive feedback and it is very much appreciated. I hope you all don't mind but I often send screenshots of the positive feedback and ideas from here because I truly believe it helps fuel the group as much as the donations and wins do.

Graeme and I have been in Gallowgate Flags and Wor Flags from the start. Graeme recruited me as fellow gobshites in the corner from the Ashley days. I think I maybe stood out to him when we played Liverpool some years ago and refused to stop singing at 3/4/5 nil down and when I wouldn't back down to 3 or 4 lads offering me on for doing so. :lol:

It transpired that Graeme used to go on all the same buses etc. as my Dad and others, and like my 'match crowd', his is made up of generations of following Newcastle as the baton gets passed from old to new in that (hopefully) everlasting cycle.

We attended meetings etc. In Gallowgate Flags' inception and as things developed, stuttered and ground almost to a halt our friendship developed as our values aligned and came to the fore and as such Wor Flags was born out of likeminded individuals who wanted to reshape the future or the group. That 'reshape' has led us to where we are today.

The ambition, passion and dedication of the group is epitomised by Graeme (and a few of the other, older lads). Graeme works incredibly long hours and then still comes in to do the flags and often breaks up his work by ordering items and providing feedback to folk in the group etc. Throughout each working day.

He's not alone, there are a multitude of others, varying from other 'more mature' folk such as Chris and Don to parents like Laura and young lads giving up a Friday night session like Ben, Ryan, Joseph, etc. I guess it's almost like a little cult these days :lol:

The group really has become tight knit though and in the face of adversities that a lot of folk don't see, always rallies to do what it needs to. The largest examples being 'that' Keegan display and also the stance it took vs Ashley both as a collective and as individuals.

There is also a belief that we (Wor Flags) support Newcastle United and as such there is often push back from us when requests come in to perhaps showcase ourselves (as we support Newcastle not Wor Flags). Obviously this wasn't one of those instances and people will believe what they want to believe, but our purpose for doing any of the (social) media kinda stuff is to increase interaction and ultimately donations rather than notoriety and to also help fellow lads and lasses do what they love to do, creating content and joy for the masses.

Again, Graeme is the perfect example of this. He'll be super embarrassed by this post and by the Amazon documentary, but his humility and that of his family, are possibly the most important factors of Wor Flags, and as much as this post is perhaps the opposite of the ideology we have, just as our flags display a pride in our city, this post is my tiny display of love for an absolutely great man, a great family and an a fantastic, fantastic group 🖤🩶

got to know rabbit in the very early 80s from the travellers rest and potters wheel at sunniside. me and him trawled all over the country together in his gold mk1 golf, I'll never forgive the fucker for introducing me to the appalling hocus pocus by focus, another favourite of his was the war of the world album, we listened to it.... a lot!

rabbit was a regular in the corner until he shifted upstairs in the gallowgate corner of the east stand to sit with his mrs, complete with tartan car rug and flask!

he was only 30 yards away from his old haunt in the corner and the lads from sunniside and during lulls in crowd noise we'd take piss out of him mercilessly for being sat in his new home!

top bloke, I've not bumped in to him for probably 25 years now other than see him on the videos for wor flags. would love to rectify that and have a beer, I don't do much with regard to social media, but maybe you could show him this message? he'll know exactly who I am!  :)

Edited by thepercyarms

32 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Love watching it as a Toon fan. However i think it’s a pretty poor show overall. 

I enjoy watching it as a toon fan of course. And enjoyed what I’ve seen but it all seems a bit rushed and missing a fair bit of the season.

2 hours ago, Heron said:

@wor jackie

(Apologies G... ::lol: )

can you shag a post? Love it.