Newcastle United 2-1 Wolves (12/03/2023)

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Bigger picture. In the coming seasons, we will score from those chances today which we didn't take. Instead of grinding out a 2-1, today should have been much more comfortable.

Another goal scoring midfielder and two new wingers who can finish etc 

What the fuck is everyone watching with the Pope incident?

The only thing that's fuckin clear is that it was the wolves player that initiated the contact, Pope is pulling away from it.

Jamie Redknapp and Jimmy Floyd still crying about it ffs.

Guest reefatoon

Back to a win and goals, magic! Really chuffed for @Thomson Mouse too as there were loads of money shots of Graeme Jones throughout the game for him. We all came away happy :thup:

Edited by reefatoon

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Get in there. Pope incident aside we definitely deserved it. Only farcical individual errors let them into it. 

I have seriously looked at this incident and without doubt it's actually a foul on Pope.  The Wolves player definitely throws himself at Pope (with his arse).  I am VAR!

1 minute ago, Rod said:

I have seriously looked at this incident and without doubt it's actually a foul on Pope.  The Wolves player definitely throws himself at Pope (with his arse).  I am VAR!

Was close but that's what I thought.

3 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I really need to see that again 

You won't, unless you go looking for it, Sky are desperate not to let the Pope incident go though, just listen to this interview with the wolves manager now ?

Just now, et tu brute said:

I remember Boly getting a late equaliser with a definite foul so fuck them. 

Yes, he creamed Dubravka.  Totally wiped him out.  I was furious at the time.

1 minute ago, bigfella said:

You won't, unless you go looking for it, Sky are desperate not to let the Pope incident go though, just listen to this interview with the wolves manager now ?

Aye, even when their manager didn't dwell on it, the reporter kept fetching it up.