Newcastle United 2-1 Wolves (12/03/2023)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

Lolz at NUFC.tv for not including the Pope incident in the extended highlights. All you get a close up of a sheepish looking Pope walking off at HT.

I was too drunk/bad river to notice during the game, but this does look like handball following the Bruno header onto the bar. In moving images, it looks like him palming it away.

image.thumb.png.b919b7539626090a11f8e993ac9a0bcc.png

image.thumb.png.928bfc98875aefc4af15a3963ea9c59a.png

VAR looked at IT. I think Schar hits the wolves player's hand into the ball. The trajectory clearly changes immediately before. It didn't look a penalty to me. 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s a nailed-on red if given.  It’s an almost certain goal

He would have defied the laws of physics, he turns into Pope as he realised he wasn't getting there! Watch closely he is already goig down ?

Substitute Miguel Almiron scored the winner with 12 minutes left as the Magpies ended a run of three straight defeats in all competitions to leapfrog Liverpool into fifth on goal difference and move within four points of fourth-placed Tottenham, who have played two games more. This is evidence  the BBC don't proof read their content!

TeamPGDPts

1Arsenal27 37 66

2Man City27 42 61

3Man Utd26 6 50

4Tottenham27 12 48

5Newcastle25 19 44

6Liverpool26 18 42

3 hours ago, Bondedcrown said:

He would have defied the laws of physics, he turns into Pope as he realised he wasn't getting there! Watch closely he is already goig down ?

I’m only saying that if it is given a red card follows.  I actually think the referee not giving it in the first place saves us from the VAR call, in agreement with what you’ve said.  I also think if the referee calls a pen and gives a red card VAR doesn’t overturn it

42 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What did everyone think of Lemina yesterday? It seemed like he was on the ball more than anyone for them.

He seemed to be playing really deep in between the two centre backs. Wolves fans didn't seem too keen on his performance but I can't say I noticed him being good or bad.

Do wonder if we need that type of player to get Bruno higher up though. Although I thought Longstaff was the deeper of the three centre mids for quite a large period in the second half

Just now, joeyt said:

He seemed to be playing really deep in between the two centre backs. Wolves fans didn't seem too keen on his performance but I can't say I noticed him being good or bad.

Do wonder if we need that type of player to get Bruno higher up though. Although I thought Longstaff was the deeper of the three centre mids for quite a large period in the second half

Lavia from Saints is the answer to all our needs Imo. 

21 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Yeah, definitely some switching between him & Bruno to presumably try and get the latter on the ball more. I think Wolves were doing the midfield box tactic pretty well to limit passing options into him for periods of the match.

6 hours ago, Dr. TC said:

VAR looked at IT. I think Schar hits the wolves player's hand into the ball. The trajectory clearly changes immediately before. It didn't look a penalty to me. 

from behind the goal it looked the defender hit it with his arm first, and it wasnt in a "natural position".

Screenshot_20230313_203908_Twitter.thumb.jpg.f787cdf46240a6332317e409dab5c8dc.jpg

22 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

The fuck is Mick Lowes problem?

2BE10006-D9FD-4B23-BE8E-5D8FF71C5D71.jpeg

He's been rampant on twitter over the last 24 hours, sticking it to everyone, including Edwards, but this time he actually didn't deserve it. Really weird behaviour.

Edited by Mattoon

At first it was odd, then it was concerning. Now it’s clear he’s in a very bad place. He might well be a total dickhead, by many accounts he is, but I really hope he gets some help as he’s clearly massively struggling 

Just now, gbandit said:

At first it was odd, then it was concerning. Now it’s clear he’s in a very bad place. He might well be a total dickhead, by many accounts he is, but I really hope he gets some help as he’s clearly massively struggling 

Aye for sure. Been a few times now hasn't it.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Massive piss head by all accounts and not the first twitter rampage he's been on. Needs to put the bottle down. 

Honestly don't think he's in any more of a bad place than before. We're just seeing on Twitter what anyone who was anywhere within earshot of him in the last 20 years would tell you about him. I heard him going on like that plenty of times in Nine about 10 years ago.

Edited by Kid Icarus

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly don't think he's in any more of a bad place than before. We're just seeing on Twitter what anyone who was anywhere within earshot of him in the last 20 years would tell you about him. I heard him going on like that plenty of times in Nine about 10 years ago.

Sure, he’s clearly always been a dickhead based on a bunch of people’s accounts but having a go at the owner, especially given how great this season’s been and taking a pop at people based on nothing on a public platform. It shows he has absolutely no ability to control himself anymore. It’s clearly really damaging to him and his reputation, even if a lot of people already knew he was a dickhead so I can only imagine he’s acting this way because he’s both extremely angry and bitter, but also unable to control himself due to alcohol