Newcastle United 2-1 Wolves (12/03/2023)

Yorkie

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The more I see the Pope incident the more convinced I am it's a red. all Raul was doing was bracing himself for the contact. He got to the ball first and Pope clattered into him. 

I'm the opposite. The more angles you see the more obvious it looks to me that Jimenez is trying to engineer contact.

It's one of those though where you probably have no complaints if it's given. Really tough call for the ref.

Someone on about wolves strikers not scoring in a year.

Explains alot when Jimenez decides to take another touch instead of rolling it into an open goal

Too busy looking for the pen

Edited by jack j

Something rather ignored is the yellow by Semedo on Murphy, Murphy would have had a shot on target, but that was deemed a yellow as there was player was in the middle but not covering, who in my opinion wouldn't have got across to block or prevent a shot.

Edited by Bimpy474

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

26 seconds in here is the clear view for me. He gets in before Pope and Pope bangs into him. 

It's the view from behind the goal which puts a question mark on it.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's the view from behind the goal which puts a question mark on it.

From the Leazes it looked to me like Raul touched the ball and went down in one motion, as Pope was pulling out. Still expected it to be given mind, since really soft pens are given all the time.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Maybe my bias talking but looks to me like he gets in front of Pope and he's already half way down and sort of hoys his arse out to make contact. Far softer pens given but I really don't think it's the travesty that's being made out.

1 minute ago, TheHoob said:

Maybe my bias talking but looks to me like he gets in front of Pope and he's already half way down and sort of hoys his arse out to make contact. Far softer pens given but I really don't think it's the travesty that's being made out.

He scoops the ball and falls in one motion IMO, nothing to do with anything Pope does. Good decision. 

17 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

You couldn't have booked him if you deem it a foul, as he's not gone for the ball at all, it's an automatic red by the laws of the game (Sorry just realised you knew that, i need to read better)

I'm with you though, i don't think its a blatant professional foul, as in a pull or a trip but there's no wiggle room in the decision on a GK in the box. I think that's why it wasn't given, it wasn't enough to warrant a red, it's either that or nothing as we saw.

Yeah im basically saying he is trying to play the ball but the ball is so far gone, and if it’s given it’s a clumsy one not like he took him out. The fact VaR didn’t turn it over makes me think they couldn’t tell who initiated the contact 

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Yeah im basically saying he is trying to play the ball but the ball is so far gone, and if it’s given it’s a clumsy one not like he took him out. The fact VaR didn’t turn it over makes me think they couldn’t tell who initiated the contact 

The ref was very emphatic about it not being a pen as well, waved it away immediately. Not sure if that influenced the VAR at all. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Fucking hell Jacob "Legs day" Murphy.

Them footballers got legs. My wife worked as a housekeeper in the 90's and brought home a poster (knowing I watched "soccer" ) she found left behind. Gianluca Vialli it was, Fuckers thighs were size of an oak.