Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

6 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

Perhaps, but I think there's plenty of know-how in the club to pick out some bargains out there. No need for crazy-spend. 

That’s the exact thing I was looking forward to after bringing Ashworth in. It doesn’t necessarily take 40 Million to bring in a player capable of playing in the first team

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m glad he has.  He spent years here not earning his money - a couple of half decent patches aside, he was shite for most of his time at NUFC

This, and people still moan that we let him go.

Championship season aside, we never got more than half a season of good form out of him.

Just now, Willow said:

Would anyone try Anderson starting for ASM now?

Yes - ASM hasn't done nearly enough.  On current form I'd sell in the summer and re-invest the money.

8 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

I’m incredibly grateful we haven’t got a Bruce type here who would be trying to bulk him up. He’s so elite and dynamic

Yeah, no need for that at all. He's a fluid modern striker that finds spaces to get involved in play, as well as still get in the box to finish. He's wiry strong too and competitive, and so doesn't get pushed around at all.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Listen to Chris Hoy here.  Unbelievable- VAR decided that Felipe ‘didn’t deliberately play the ball’.  Fucking unreal - shouldn’t have been chalked off

He’s fucking sliding for it. The very definition of fucking deliberate. Two wheeled cunt ;)

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I don’t see how it’s offside at all. 2 Forest players touched the ball, it was absolutely a different phase of play.

The question is whether it is a controlled kick of the ball by the defender or not. 

Never an obvious mistake though, so VAR shouldnt have been involved.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Listening to Chris Foy here.  Unbelievable- VAR decided that Felipe ‘didn’t deliberately play the ball’.  Fucking unreal - shouldn’t have been chalked off

Jesus wept he's fucking sliding for it :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, no need for that at all. He's a fluid modern striker that finds spaces to get involved in play, as well as still get in the box to finish. He's wiry strong too and competitive, and so doesn't get pushed around at all.

His stride length is mad, just watched back the first goal him breaking into the box, he’s there in a few strides.